Tip of the hat to "Enough's Enough" in Fireball

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Tip of the hat to "Enough's Enough" in Fireball

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:59 pm

I was thrilled to hear Alice mention the kid with the cowboy gun being picked up by his mother in "Fireball".

A nice tip of the hat to "my brave little cowboy" in Enough's Enough" on Dada.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tip of the hat to "Enough's Enough" in Fireball

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:19 pm

I believe I saw that scene in a film from the 50's or early 60's. Can't recall which movie. It's not Ladybug, Ladybug - at least I don't think it is.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:22 pm

I think that visual was stock in a lot of American cold war era disaster/horror movies.

In 1950s-1960s America, the western genre ruled and most kids dreamed of being a cowboy. It was a huge part of American culture and I'm sure Alice as a kid wore a cowboy hat or a coonskin cap!

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 pm

Happy coincidence imho.

Edit: AC probably has no recollection of DaDa lyrics.
Neil Harrison.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:35 am

mr.barlow wrote:I think that visual was stock in a lot of American cold war era disaster/horror movies.

In 1950s-1960s America, the western genre ruled and most kids dreamed of being a cowboy. It was a huge part of American culture and I'm sure Alice as a kid wore a cowboy hat or a coonskin cap!
His mother said she had a pic of him dressed as Davy Crockett, so...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Suspiria wrote:Happy coincidence imho.

They are some of the best of his career and I'm sure he has a recollection of them. If not, they are printed on the back of the album for him.

I'm pretty sure the "blackout years" are forgotten by choice. It's an easy way for Alice to avoid discussing the worst years of both his professional and personal life. It puts an end to the prodding--it's easy--"I can't remember anything---next question"

I also believe he holds a certain fondness for "Dada" and is very aware that a lot of people feel it's his greatest album. I am one of those people.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:07 pm

mr.barlow wrote:

They are some of the best of his career and I'm sure he has a recollection of them. If not, they are printed on the back of the album for him.

I'm pretty sure the "blackout years" are forgotten by choice. It's an easy way for Alice to avoid discussing the worst years of both his professional and personal life. It puts an end to the prodding--it's easy--"I can't remember anything---next question"

I also believe he holds a certain fondness for "Dada" and is very aware that a lot of people feel it's his greatest album. I am one of those people.
I think you are 100% right.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:38 am

don't see this one myself, but i love all the other shout-outs to past history, and there's a ton of them. maybe my fave is ref to Vicious Rumours in PP, i wonder if it's the same guy singing it? :-)
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:16 am

pitkin88 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:

I think you are 100% right.
I second that commotion.

kodiekrypt
Trash
Trash

Post by kodiekrypt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 pm

killer wolf wrote:don't see this one myself, but i love all the other shout-outs to past history, and there's a ton of them. maybe my fave is ref to Vicious Rumours in PP, i wonder if it's the same guy singing it? :-)
Hello! I'm new to this forum. I apologize if what I'm asking is common knowledge, but was there a different singer used instead of Alice?

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:09 pm

No, it is Alice, but there is a bad effect used to smooth and pitch correct his voice.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 am

After now learning that Dennis had written the majority of the lyrics, I now agree that it is coincidental. I think Alice did change the wording adding "cowboy" but again it's just a minor tweak and I'm sure Alice didn't do it intentionally to reference back to Dada.

Still...in my own head...I will make the connection. It makes the song that much more enjoyable for me.

Fireball is by far the best song on the new album and ranks up there with the best of Alice. A new classic!

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:36 am

I agree, Mr. Barlow. It is the best song.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:10 am

kodiekrypt wrote:
killer wolf wrote:don't see this one myself, but i love all the other shout-outs to past history, and there's a ton of them. maybe my fave is ref to Vicious Rumours in PP, i wonder if it's the same guy singing it? :-)
Hello! I'm new to this forum. I apologize if what I'm asking is common knowledge, but was there a different singer used instead of Alice?
i meant the character. the same way i like to think that maybe the character singing Sex, Death and Money is the same guy who ended up signing about Nurse Rozetta.
KW
/X\oo/X\

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:56 am

Fireball is my favourite cut from the new LP by some distance. And that's a credit to how good that particular track is, as there's some really strong material elsewhere.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Seems like a lot of people are on board with Fireball being the best. Easily the winner for me as well!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 am

this is one of those albums i wouldn't mind hearing all tracks live. it's so strong i'd really like to see some of the old faves dropped in favour of some of these. he was quick enough to do it w/ Poison, so oyu never know...
Paranormal would be a real creepy number w/ the right lighting, Fireball and Fallen In Love are total rockers that would get the crowd jumping, as would Holy Water and GAG would be awesome for the originals to play at the encore.

can but dream
KW
/X\oo/X\

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:36 am

From killer wolf:
"he was quick enough to do it w/ Poison, so oyu never know..."

Yes but that was an immediate and huge hit single though.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:27 pm

mr.barlow wrote:Dennis had written the majority of the lyrics,
Man, this doesn't surprise me but makes me sad. The mood of the song is what makes it work. Dennis is really the perfect counterpoint to Alice. He is the consummate introverted artist and Alice is the showy outgoing performer. Put them together and you get great stuff like Fireball. All the cool stuff that could have been...sigh.