Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Am I The Only One Who Liked W2MN?

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:53 am

mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:A poor idea to try and re-heat a classic album. A huge mistake on the first song as we are introduced to Kanye Cooper. Two horribly unfunny comedy songs that rank up there with the worst of his songs ever. Not a good album.
I agree completly. I thought it was foolish to try and do a sequel to a legendary album. He could have incorporated some themes from the album into the project but left it as a stand alone album.

Then--the most unforgivable aspect of it all--to me the greatest travesty in the Alice career---is that damn cover! It makes the RYFAY cover look like a Roger Dean album cover! The original WTMN cover is one of the classiest and best looking album covers in the history of music. The "sequel" then contains one of the most embarrassing covers in the history of music! The cover ruined the whole thing for me!

Also, it cheapened the original WTMN as now it has a bastard sequel attached to it forever. It's like the "Caddyshack II" of rock n roll.

With all that being said, it's a decent album that suffers tremendously from two very awful tracks --Disco Bloodbath... and What Baby Wants. I'd take "No More Love AT Your Convenience" over those two turds any day of the week.

Speaking of album covers--it's my opinion that if Paranormal had a better cover than the one it has--which by the way was likely done in thirty minutes with a budget of $8.00, it would have an even greater impact.

Now that the album is doing well maybe they can issue it with a new cover aimed at people above the age of 14 years old! But...I think I have a better chance of hearing "No Baloney Homosapiens" performed live than them ever doing this!

Alice looks like a puppet on that cover. It might have been better if the back cover was Shep with his hand up Alice's backside.
Last edited by pitkin88 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:55 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:I like it! :alice:

Yes but you like everything.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:57 am

I'm Pain wrote:W2MN is maybe my least favorite Alice Cooper album ever. 3 of his most embarrassing songs ever recorded are on that album; what baby wants, Disco Bloodbath, and Ghouls gone wild.

Jerry Seinfeld wouldn't take a hug from Kesha Alice did a bloody song with her!!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:14 am

pitkin88 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:A poor idea to try and re-heat a classic album. A huge mistake on the first song as we are introduced to Kanye Cooper. Two horribly unfunny comedy songs that rank up there with the worst of his songs ever. Not a good album.
I agree completly. I thought it was foolish to try and do a sequel to a legendary album. He could have incorporated some themes from the album into the project but left it as a stand alone album.

Then--the most unforgivable aspect of it all--to me the greatest travesty in the Alice career---is that damn cover! It makes the RYFAY cover look like a Roger Dean album cover! The original WTMN cover is one of the classiest and best looking album covers in the history of music. The "sequel" then contains one of the most embarrassing covers in the history of music! The cover ruined the whole thing for me!

Also, it cheapened the original WTMN as now it has a bastard sequel attached to it forever. It's like the "Caddyshack II" of rock n roll.

With all that being said, it's a decent album that suffers tremendously from two very awful tracks --Disco Bloodbath... and What Baby Wants. I'd take "No More Love AT Your Convenience" over those two turds any day of the week.

Speaking of album covers--it's my opinion that if Paranormal had a better cover than the one it has--which by the way was likely done in thirty minutes with a budget of $8.00, it would have an even greater impact.

Now that the album is doing well maybe they can issue it with a new cover aimed at people above the age of 14 years old! But...I think I have a better chance of hearing "No Baloney Homosapiens" performed live than them ever doing this!

Alice looks like a puppet om that cover. It might have been better if the back cover was Shep with his hand up Alice's backside.
You are a very bad man!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:10 am

Love it., has my 2nd Fave Coop Track Of All Time on it.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:I like it! :alice:

Yes but you like everything.
Not true.
I'm actually quite lukewarm on the new album, sadly.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:18 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I LOVE Nightmare 2...for me personally, it has his best ballad, I love Something to Remember Me By....
So you're saying that you like "Something To Remember Me By" more than "Only Women Bleed"?

:rotfl:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:With all that being said, it's a decent album that suffers tremendously from two very awful tracks --Disco Bloodbath... and What Baby Wants. I'd take "No More Love AT Your Convenience" over those two turds any day of the week.
And I really like both of those tracks.

The main reason I don't like Ghouls Gone Wild is because I don't care for the kind of music it's parodying/homaging (I never liked the Beach Boys). But as a pastiche, I think it's an excellent track.

I think W2MN is a very good album, but it's really impossible to compare it to WTMN, and I, too, wish they hadn't titled it what they did (especially since it's really more Goes 2 Hell).

Hunter

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:37 pm

SickThings wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:With all that being said, it's a decent album that suffers tremendously from two very awful tracks --Disco Bloodbath... and What Baby Wants. I'd take "No More Love AT Your Convenience" over those two turds any day of the week.
And I really like both of those tracks.

The main reason I don't like Ghouls Gone Wild is because I don't care for the kind of music it's parodying/homaging (I never liked the Beach Boys). But as a pastiche, I think it's an excellent track.

I think W2MN is a very good album, but it's really impossible to compare it to WTMN, and I, too, wish they hadn't titled it what they did (especially since it's really more Goes 2 Hell).

Hunter
I agree, it really doesn't follow in quite the right vein to honestly be a sequel.
That said, I think I need to give that one another spin soon! :alice:
*wanderes off with DBBF stuck in my head*

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:38 pm

SickThings wrote: And I really like both of those tracks.
I agree with Barlow, those two songs are awful.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:40 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I LOVE Nightmare 2...for me personally, it has his best ballad, I love Something to Remember Me By....
So you're saying that you like "Something To Remember Me By" more than "Only Women Bleed"?

Yes I am actually and here is why...while OWB is iconic and such and I do love it, I get more personal satisfaction out of Alice's vocals on STRMB and besides it could also be overkill as he has so many great ballads that need to be resurrected theatrically like You and Me, How are you gonna see me now, only my heart talking, etc and I would love rather see them sometimes over OWB...but yes I do love Something to Remember Me By, it speaks to me....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:42 pm

SickThings wrote: And I really like both of those tracks.
I agree with Barlow, those two songs are awful.
Not crazy about Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever, but LOVE Ghouls Gone Wild, its so catchy and frankly, I always pictured if it was brought to life on stage that Alice would have zombies come out in Bermuda shorts doing the "swim" or some other beach type dance etc lol
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:56 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote: Not crazy about Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever, but LOVE Ghouls Gone Wild, its so catchy and frankly, I always pictured if it was brought to life on stage that Alice would have zombies come out in Bermuda shorts doing the "swim" or some other beach type dance etc lol
The two awful songs are DBBF and "What Baby Wants".

GGW isn't as bad as those two. It's a bit silly, and the surfer style seems inappropriate but it is kinda catchy. It's probably one of the better songs on the album.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:00 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote: The two awful songs are DBBF and "What Baby Wants".
The allegedly awful songs.... :)

Hunter

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:02 pm

SickThings wrote:

Hunter
Just because you like to dance to them Hunter, doesn't make them not awful.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:16 pm

SickThings wrote:

Hunter
Just because you like to dance to them Hunter, doesn't make them not awful.

Well, now we're just going in circles! :rotfl:

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 am

I think 'I am made of you' 'caffeine' and 'when hell comes home ' are amongst his best songs and disco bloodbath and ghouls gone wild are amongst his worst. What baby wants is okish and congregation is dull with r zombies narration naff and pointless. So very mixed but I still play it often.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:29 pm

GGW, STRMB, WBW and DBBF are for me the poorest songs on the album but they are listenable. There are some really good stand out tracks on this album that people seem to forget. IAMOFY, Congregation and Caffeine are personal favourites.

Comus
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Comus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:59 pm

I do like it, but probably less so now than when it first came out. When it came out I was pleased with the fuller sound, the nods to the past and the sheer variety of songs. Unlike many here I like What Baby Wants, and Last Man on Earth is excellent, as is I am Made of You. I like the idea of the Underture and I think it mostly works very well, and I like the return to Alice arguing with the backing singers at the end of I Gotta Get Outta Here. I'm not a fan Something to Remember Me By at all though, Ghouls Gone Wild I can leave as well.

I think Paranormal is better - a lot better actually, and the more I listen to it the higher it is going in my list of favourite albums.
Is someone calling me?
...No
I think I hear a voice
It's outside the door!!

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:20 pm

agree with Comus, adding that the Congregation would be better without the spoken part by Rob Zombie. ( if I am not mistaken that part was left out on the live performance of the congregation in the Basel show .)
you really wouldn't understand..