Another new live Alice dvd when??

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Another new live Alice dvd when??

Post by AliceFan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:52 pm

It's been kinda a while since the last live Alice DVD and since this years setlist especially has been great with rare songs added like : pain, escape, world needs Guts,paranoic personality and more from new album and soon to be added roses on white lace, if played more than at Wacken festival then this will definitely be a setlist worthy of being filmed anywhere at any upcoming Alice shows. Anyone else wants another new alice dvd with the current setlist?

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Another new live Alice dvd when??

Post by guttertrash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:20 am

The last live album from Wacken was only 3 years ago. I have a feeling their will be one worked on once he gets into the Paranormal tour. I would have been happy with a live album from last year with Public Animal #9 and Long Way To Go in the show, but that wasn't to be sadly.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:31 am

guttertrash wrote:The last live album from Wacken was only 3 years ago. I have a feeling their will be one worked on once he gets into the Paranormal tour. I would have been happy with a live album from last year with Public Animal #9 and Long Way To Go in the show, but that wasn't to be sadly.
Guttertrash, how long is this paranormal tour supposed to last you think? Just curious, I ask this cause Alice has said in a few interviews that Hollywood Vampires will tour next year as well, but how much, or will it be like last year An Alice solo tour and HV tour alternating thoughout next year ,cause every Alice tour cycle goes into the following year especially when he's supporting a new album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:55 am

How would he know?

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:17 am

Definitely have no idea, but I'm going to assume that there will be an American leg of the tour to start the year, and then HV will probably do their thing, and maybe more touring to support the album after that if he feels it is worth it...If not, probably a show with some older tracks added to replace any new songs if it seems like the new songs aren't connecting well with the audience. This is all conjecture based on what seems feasible.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:27 am

Alice says a lot of things in interviews.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 am

As the set list and the live show changes so little these days I think a new dvd would be a bore fest. The mini re-union part and a documentary would be more interesting.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Hopefully one from this tour!
(The UK leg with the original band's mini set would be an obvious choice!)

I for one was hoping or both London 2011 and Austin 2015

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm

..on a related note; does anyone know whether shows have been filmed for release, but for some reason have been shelved and remain in the vault?

anything from 2003 for instance?

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 pm

I would buy a blu-ray every year, even with the same set list.

Seriously now, they are not expensive and it's great to see the progression. I have no idea how many times I have watched the Wacken. But it is many.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Maaki wrote:I would buy a blu-ray every year, even with the same set list.

Seriously now, they are not expensive and it's great to see the progression. I have no idea how many times I have watched the Wacken. But it is many.
second that.

Montreux and Wacken are certainly cheap(ish) as there are cameras there already.
Hammersmith 2009 cost him alot more money, no doubt.

(in other words; London 2011, Basel 2012, Austin 2015...they are halfway in the can already)

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:11 pm

alicefannor wrote:Hopefully one from this tour!
(The UK leg with the original band's mini set would be an obvious choice!)
Yes that would be a good idea one of the UK shows, especially since by then more songs will be played in the set off "Paranormal" album by then, Maybe even the original band will play "genuine American Girl" that would be the best bet on a Live show being Recorded would be one of the UK shows more.
I for one was hoping or both London 2011 and Austin 2015

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:54 am

Wouldn't have an issue with a new live DVD (mainly to see nita shred the hell out of some classics.
If roses is in the setlist then hellyeah we want to see that. Although not a fan of glen sobel so not sure how it will sound (hopefully he can keep it sounding good).....
I don't think filming in the UK on this tour is wise (all seated arenas on his recent tour make for bad energy - look how bad the brutal planet one was for crowd energy - bloody awful!)
Would be nice to see a ACG section tho, especially if they play the 2 new tracks along with schools out et al.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:02 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:Wouldn't have an issue with a new live DVD (mainly to see nita shred the hell out of some classics.
If roses is in the setlist then hellyeah we want to see that. Although not a fan of glen sobel so not sure how it will sound (hopefully he can keep it sounding good).....
I don't think filming in the UK on this tour is wise (all seated arenas on his recent tour make for bad energy - look how bad the brutal planet one was for crowd energy - bloody awful!)
Would be nice to see a ACG section tho, especially if they play the 2 new tracks along with schools out et al.
If the ACG does play a new song it will probably definitely be only 1 song and probably be "Genuine American Girl" as fans like it more. Cause then that would mean 4 songs from new album would be played and Alice's maximum limit for new songs in the set is usually 3,could change for these special occasion UK shows though,never know.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:22 am

Maaki wrote:I would buy a blu-ray every year, even with the same set list.

What progression are you seeing? The live show has been stale and tired for a long time now. Things are so bad song wise that people are literally fainting over the prospect of two new song additions.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:26 am

AliceFan wrote:
Saint&Sinner wrote:Wouldn't have an issue with a new live DVD (mainly to see nita shred the hell out of some classics.
If the ACG does play a new song it will probably definitely be only 1 song and probably be "Genuine American Girl" as fans like it more. Cause then that would mean 4 songs from new album would be played and Alice's maximum limit for new songs in the set is usually 3,could change for these special occasion UK shows though,never know.
1) There is no Alice maximum.
2) How do you know GAC is more popular than YAAOYF? There are maybe 20-25 people who post here so this place is hardly a great barometer.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:37 am

pitkin88 wrote:
AliceFan wrote:
1) There is no Alice maximum.
2) How do you know GAC is more popular than YAAOYF? There are maybe 20-25 people who post here so this place is hardly a great barometer.
Serious question. Are you typing on a phone that changes it to GAC, or is there some sort of alternate name/song I'm not aware of. I keep seeing GAC show up on the forums, and I would have assumed it to be GAG for Genuine American Girl. Are you referring to something else?
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:02 am

Sorry should be GAG I am not so perfect.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:47 am

personally I think GAG would "play" better with a fresh audience, I think GAG near the sets end would go down barnstormers tbh (maybe just before everyone comes back on for schools out)

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:51 am

I think Pitkin's use of GAC was in reference to the demo version which was titled "Genuine American Cocaine". The problem was the word "cocaine" didn't rhyme with "pearl" so Ezrin made them change it. Go ahead guttertrash--once again blame Ezrin!