For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: [Spoiler] Obscure Song Coming Out at Wacken

Post by AliceFan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Looking like Roses will be played throughout the festivals maybe not just Wacken:

In this new show, we’re doing a lot of metal festivals, so I’m looking at this one song, “Roses on White Lace,” because my guitar player is a shredder. Nita Strauss is just a pure shredder, so I’ve got to give her a few things to shred on. And that will have another character in it too that’s being prepared right now.

Interesting I wonder if this will be the Jack the Ripper-esque character that is alluded to in the Trilogy...or something else entirely different...either way...I want to see this song done live...hope somebody films this one
I'm quite sure someone will definitely film a rarity like this song, I'm pretty sure it'll end up being posted on blabbermouth.net or YouTube soon after it gets performed.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:39 am

From JoeyBananagoose:
"but no bloody decent footage exists! So frustrating."

There is some rehearsal footage on the reissued version of "Prime Cuts".

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 am

Haven't seen any song from RYFAY live. Would be bucket list for me.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:Haven't seen any song from RYFAY live. Would be bucket list for me.
I have and would be happy never to see any again!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Raise Your Fist and Yell is one of Alice's most underrated albums in my opinion and the Live in the Flesh tour for that album was one of the best of Alice's career in my opinion. On other music boards numerous fans talk about the desire for Alice to play songs off that album again, so I definitely hope he plays something. I still think "Freedom" would be a great song to regularly appear in the setlist.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:39 am

dadascot wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:Haven't seen any song from RYFAY live. Would be bucket list for me.
I have and would be happy never to see any again!

Plus 1

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:06 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
killer wolf wrote:Be great to hear it, think it would be better as the full trilogy though.
Been my concert dream to see the trilogy in person done live with all of the appropriate theatrics to go with it(
Me too!!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:11 am

There is no such thing as the trilogy. It is just a fan made up thing.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:06 am

I'm 37...beem a fan of the Coops since I was a kid and I can safely say RYFAY is my all-time favorite album with freedom being my fav song of his...the second side is genius and yes the Trilogy comprised of Chop chop chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace is genius and the theatrics that accompanied it were awesome...when Roses returns, it will be an amazing treat for the fans
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 am

pitkin88 wrote:There is no such thing as the trilogy. It is just a fan made up thing.
Really? I don't know if Alice himself ever called it a trilogy but three songs following each other all about a woman named Gail (There's a whisper of Gail at about 2:10 in RoWL), also always played in album order on the "Live In the Flesh" tour? That sounds like an intended trilogy to me.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:32 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I'm 37...beem a fan of the Coops since I was a kid and I can safely say RYFAY is my all-time favorite album with freedom being my fav song of his...the second side is genius and yes the Trilogy comprised of Chop chop chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace is genius and the theatrics that accompanied it were awesome...when Roses returns, it will be an amazing treat for the fans
Not long now before "Roses" return at Wacken festival this weekend so excited for it. I know it'll get posted online somewhere via YouTube probably. Anyone else excited for this like I am share your thoughts and then reactions after it gets played.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:41 am

AliceFan wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I'm 37...beem a fan of the Coops since I was a kid and I can safely say RYFAY is my all-time favorite album with freedom being my fav song of his...the second side is genius and yes the Trilogy comprised of Chop chop chop/Gail/Roses on White Lace is genius and the theatrics that accompanied it were awesome...when Roses returns, it will be an amazing treat for the fans
Not long now before "Roses" return at Wacken festival this weekend so excited for it. I know it'll get posted online somewhere via YouTube probably. Anyone else excited for this like I am share your thoughts and then reactions after it gets played.
I am beyond pumped to see it...i hope if there are theatrics related to it it brings the song to life...we shall see...wish this would be played for future dates but better once then never again

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:51 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
AliceFan wrote:
I am beyond pumped to see it...i hope if there are theatrics related to it it brings the song to life...we shall see...wish this would be played for future dates but better once then never again
Me too beyond excited to hear it somehow probably via YouTube and to answer your question yes Alice said in a recent interview with AZcentral about this song that there will be a new character and theatrics for roses. Then again maybe Alice will love playing it live and decide to keep it in the setlist, like he did with world needs Guts, hey a guy can dream..

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:23 pm

I think it would be very cool to have hopefully The World Needs Guts, He's Back (the Man Behind the Mask) and Roses on White Lace in the set together. I love the Raise Your Fist and Yell album. The albums from 1986-2000 are my favorite era(s) of Alice.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:42 am

cooperrocks wrote:I think it would be very cool to have hopefully The World Needs Guts, He's Back (the Man Behind the Mask) and Roses on White Lace in the set together. I love the Raise Your Fist and Yell album. The albums from 1986-2000 are my favorite era(s) of Alice.
Cooperrocks, I was thinking the same thing recently about adding he's back(man behind the mask) to those 2 on the setlist, probably won't happen but it might. Here's something even better if found on the news page today says Alice's set at Wacken festival tomorrow will be Streamed live through a webcast. Isn't that great news? I'm over the moon about it.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:45 pm

What time does that mean for Eastern Standard Time?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:45 pm

1 PM Eastern

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Woo! Starting now!

Also, what are the chances Alice shows up to do The Toy Master with Avantasia? They play a bit later in the night. I'd say slim to none, but it would be cool nonetheless.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:30 pm

I tuned right at Poison..he hasn't done Roses yet has he? (I'm at work right now so I have to be discreet LOL)

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:31 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I tuned right at Poison..he hasn't done Roses yet has he? (I'm at work right now so I have to be discreet LOL)
Nope. Also Lost In America and Pain were skipped. Not boding well for Roses. I was expecting it either right after The World Needs Guts or after Nita's solo.