For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:11 pm

As stoked as I was about hearing Roses on White Lace (which may still happen at some point) I love He's Back...that was great live last time out!

Baron
Trash
Trash

Post by Baron » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:19 pm

The Oslo show was fun. No Roses, and only PP from the new album. I'm not a huge fan of the studio version, but surprisingly, PP was one of the highlights - great live track and I can see it becoming a modern classic live.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Here is Paranoiac Personality Live...cue up to the 26 min, 20 sec mark...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TxT0LOgCB4
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:37 pm

For those interested there appears to be the full show on YouTube from the gig a couple of nights ago. Its split into 4 parts. On the 4th part you can see the debut of Paranoiac Personality. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't watch it properly until I get home :(

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Baron wrote:The Oslo show was fun. No Roses, and only PP from the new album. I'm not a huge fan of the studio version, but surprisingly, PP was one of the highlights - great live track and I can see it becoming a modern classic live.
Baron and all, no need to worry about checking for "roses on white lace" at every single show, Alice has said it will be played specifically at the Wacken festival on Aug 5.

Freeze
Trash
Trash

Post by Freeze » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:26 pm

Great concert in Oslo tonight. Especially thrilled to hear Pain and Paranoiac Personality live. The World Needs Guts also worked surprisingly well live. Escape was dropped tonight , though, which is my sole complaint. Otherwise a great show!

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:18 am

Freeze wrote:Great concert in Oslo tonight. Especially thrilled to hear Pain and Paranoiac Personality live. The World Needs Guts also worked surprisingly well live. Escape was dropped tonight , though, which is my sole complaint. Otherwise a great show!
Was He's Back still in the setlist? Shame about Escape though....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Freeze
Trash
Trash

Post by Freeze » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:10 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Freeze wrote:Great concert in Oslo tonight. Especially thrilled to hear Pain and Paranoiac Personality live. The World Needs Guts also worked surprisingly well live. Escape was dropped tonight , though, which is my sole complaint. Otherwise a great show!
Was He's Back still in the setlist? Shame about Escape though....
He's Back was in the setlist. And go over pretty well with the audience it did too!

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:13 am

I skimmed through the four parts on YouTube, and to my ears, it seemed like Poison got the best response of the show - at least the beginning part.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 am

Argh! Vertical video!!

Hunter

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 am

Managed to catch the first live performance of Paranoiac Personality. Musically it sounds tight, I think Alice is struggling to find the key a little, but I'm sure with a few performances he'll nail it.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:11 pm

The Man Behind the Mask sounded really good. The World Needs Guts has sounded amazing since Alice added it to the set late last year as well.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:44 pm

What's with the ones who were walking away from the crowd? Are those only there for the 'hits'?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:16 am

cooperrocks wrote:The Man Behind the Mask sounded really good. The World Needs Guts has sounded amazing since Alice added it to the set late last year as well.
So looking forward to hearing "roses on white lace " when it gets played for the first time live in 30 yrs at the Wacken festival next weekend! ! Wonder what kind of theatrics Alice will use for it ,since that's what he stated in an interview. Who else here is looking forward to hearing this or is actually attending the Wacken festival live in person please comment either way.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:28 am

AliceFan wrote:
cooperrocks wrote:The Man Behind the Mask sounded really good. The World Needs Guts has sounded amazing since Alice added it to the set late last year as well.
So looking forward to hearing "roses on white lace " when it gets played for the first time live in 30 yrs at the Wacken festival next weekend! ! Wonder what kind of theatrics Alice will use for it ,since that's what he stated in an interview. Who else here is looking forward to hearing this or is actually attending the Wacken festival live in person please comment either way.
I'd love to hear it too but I'd take whatever Alice has said with a pinch of salt until it happens. My guess is they've probably rehearsed it and may still throw it in. I just found it strange Man Behind The Mask was introduced instead. Maybe this works better live. I have to say though the live band really pull off well the heavier Man Behind The Mask and The World Needs Guts.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:04 am

bigbradwolf wrote:
AliceFan wrote:
I'd love to hear it too but I'd take whatever Alice has said with a pinch of salt until it happens. My guess is they've probably rehearsed it and may still throw it in. I just found it strange Man Behind The Mask was introduced instead. Maybe this works better live. I have to say though the live band really pull off well the heavier Man Behind The Mask and The World Needs Guts.
Actually as far as roses goes Alice has said in quite a few interviews that it's definitely gonna be played at Wacken only cause that's a more metal audience and Nita is a guitar shredder and it will give her something to shred on.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:20 am

i'll be pretty miffed if ROWL isn't played at Glasgow, this "i'm only playing it for metal audiences" is a bit silly considering every concert is filled w/ people going to see a metal act.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:08 pm

killer wolf wrote:i'll be pretty miffed if ROWL isn't played at Glasgow, this "i'm only playing it for metal audiences" is a bit silly considering every concert is filled w/ people going to see a metal act.
Considering that at the time of speaking we have The World Needs Guts and The Man Behind The Mask in the set, with talk of Roses On White Lace being played I would say it's a great time to go see Alice's set if your a fan of that era. I always presumed these were never played because Alice could no longer pull them off. If anything these numbers already in the set appear very strong live.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 am

Don't know if it's a new change or if it's been so the last couple of shows but last night in Stockholm Paranoiac Personality had now taken Escape's old place in the setlist after Only Women Bleed.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 pm

the difference between Wacken and the show last sunday (Lokeren) : we got no World needs guts.
PP did very well ( and in a review I read it deserved its place amongst the classics ! )
you really wouldn't understand..