Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

[Spoiler] Obscure Song Coming Out at Wacken

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Don't read below if you don't want it spoiled, but:

Just found this interview with Alice where he says that Roses On White Lace is getting played at Wacken because it's a more metal crowd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqF_PGWWhw

I know Alice has been saying for years that something from RYFAY is going to get played, but this is the first time I've ever heard him make a definitive statement about it. We'll see if it ends up happening, but now I'm upset that I'm not going to Wacken this year :(

I would be surprised if Alice added it in for one show, so hopefully it stays in for the Deep Purple tour.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: [Spoiler] Obscure Song Coming Out at Wacken

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:35 pm

If anything from RYFAY shows up pleaee somebody film it and upload especially if it's part of the trilogy
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:02 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:If anything from RYFAY shows up pleaee somebody film it and upload especially if it's part of the trilogy
That may be why he's choosing Wacken to re-introduce the song into the set. "Live" at Wacken II anybody????
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:26 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:If anything from RYFAY shows up pleaee somebody film it and upload especially if it's part of the trilogy
That may be why he's choosing Wacken to re-introduce the song into the set. "Live" at Wacken II anybody????
I wouldn't mind if Alice filmed the Wacken show this year again for another live release even it its just a live album. Think it could happen again people? Especially with rare songs and brand new songs off "paranormal" in the set would be great. Even if Wacken doesn't get filmed think Alice will definitely film a show somewhere else in the world this year for a live cd/dvd release? ? Since he hasn't had a live recording since 2013.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Pretty much all the shows at Wacken are filmed anyways because they get broadcast on TV in Germany, so I imagine the extra effort in filming a show would be lower at Wacken than elsewhere. But with that said, I'm not sure if it would make sense to do another live release. It feels like he has had a lot in the last 10 years or so.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't know if Alice fans would buy another live release, but since 2002, Rush has released a DVD (and later, Blu-ray) of every tour they've done. As a Rush fan, I had no problem buying each of those, especially for the two tours I missed.

I'd love to see an official Blu-ray release of a show with the current band.

Hunter

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:34 am

I am pretty sure there will be a full broadcast of the Rock In Rio show later in the year also.

With regards to Roses I think he is wrong in thinking it needs to be a more 'metal crowd' to play it too' I think it would go down great all over the world.

I would like too see Mass Distraction being taken out and having World Needs Guts / Roses combo that would be something to see

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:03 am

Indeed I would love to see ROSES play in every show. :rock: :rock:

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:54 am

Be great to hear it, think it would be better as the full trilogy though.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:11 pm

killer wolf wrote:Be great to hear it, think it would be better as the full trilogy though.
Been my concert dream to see the trilogy in person done live with all of the appropriate theatrics to go with it...I know Nita fought tooth and nail to get Freedom added this tour but didn't work out :(

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Nita sure did fight for freedom to be in this year's setlist but in the end ultimately it's Alices decision though for me "roses " is a better song I'm glad he went with "roses" in the end . So excited to hear this soon.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 am

like i said in another thread,it's a shame they don't do one obscure track per soundcheck/encore over the tour and release it afterwards as a full album/vid, that way they'd have a pretty unique item and i bet 99% of oldie fans would be over the moon w/ it. even if they just did it as a digi download to avoid any production/pressing costs, i think it would be really novel. Plus, maybe the band themselves would enjoy getting their teeth into something new and unconventional.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 am

Spiner202 wrote:Pretty much all the shows at Wacken are filmed anyways because they get broadcast on TV in Germany, so I imagine the extra effort in filming a show would be lower at Wacken than elsewhere. But with that said, I'm not sure if it would make sense to do another live release. It feels like he has had a lot in the last 10 years or so.
Speaking of Wacken this year for Alice I'm wondering if by any chance since they are filmed if Alice's show from Wacken will be available as a physical dvd bootleg? Cause it sounds like by the interview from AC that it's going to be a great show.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm curious to see if there will be any other new additions to the setlist at Wacken,have to see if pain,lost in America, escape, get kept in. Anyone remember Alice saying "serious " would get added in the set also wonder if "world needs Guts " will stay or go? I read in the interview with the Bob guy Alice saying songs from Paranormal will be played as well. What else besides roses,paranormal songs you want to see in the setlist at Wacken festival this year? Discuss.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:56 pm

I loved this year's setlist much more than the one last year, so I am definitely hoping he keeps "Pain" (which sounded amazing live) and "The World Needs Guts" (which he added to the setlist on the last leg of the 2016 tour) for the remainder of the tour. I think there is definitely a chance TWNG will remain at least at Wacken because of Nita's presence in the band. I have been hoping something from Raise Your Fist and Yell would be added to the setlist for years so hopefully "Roses on White Lace" is here to stay for a while. I still think "Freedom" would be a good one to add at some point as well.

Otherwise to answer Alicefan's question, I think this setlist as a whole is good. Assuming he does add "Roses" and two new ones, I would say he could drop "Woman of Mass Distraction," "Under My Wheels" (time to give that one a rest for a while), and "Feed My Frankenstein." Though and this will never happen, but I wouldn't mind a tour without "Billion Dollar Babies" and "School's Out" in it (classic rock radio has ruined School's Out for me. Great song but Alice has tons of other songs I would rather hear). Just my two cents.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:29 pm

cooperrocks wrote:Though and this will never happen, but I wouldn't mind a tour without "Billion Dollar Babies" and "School's Out" in it (classic rock radio has ruined School's Out for me. Great song but Alice has tons of other songs I would rather hear). Just my two cents.
The best KISS concert I ever saw (out of 15 concerts) was in 1994 when they played at the Gibson Guitars 100th Anniversary show. They were in top form, but another reason it was the best is because it was an outdoor show and they ran up against a curfew (noise ordinance), so they didn't play "Rock And Roll All Nite." It was great having a KISS show without that! :)

Hunter

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 am

AliceFan wrote:I'm curious to see if there will be any other new additions to the setlist at Wacken,have to see if pain,lost in America, escape, get kept in. Anyone remember Alice saying "serious " would get added in the set also wonder if "world needs Guts " will stay or go? I read in the interview with the Bob guy Alice saying songs from Paranormal will be played as well. What else besides roses,paranormal songs you want to see in the setlist at Wacken festival this year? Discuss.
Cooperrocks, I think judging by your reply to me, I think lost in America, pain, escape will be omitted from the Wacken show cause Alice on the Bob guy interview said Wacken is gonna be a much heavier set, we're getting rid of the pop-type songs he said. But like you said world needs Guts is probably gonna stay and according to Alice "roses" is definitely getting playing, roses and "wng" will blend well together in the setlist especially with the 2 new paranormal songs which he said will be getting premiered at Qstock festival in Finland on July 29 he said during a video interview.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Looking like Roses will be played throughout the festivals maybe not just Wacken:

In this new show, we’re doing a lot of metal festivals, so I’m looking at this one song, “Roses on White Lace,” because my guitar player is a shredder. Nita Strauss is just a pure shredder, so I’ve got to give her a few things to shred on. And that will have another character in it too that’s being prepared right now.

Interesting I wonder if this will be the Jack the Ripper-esque character that is alluded to in the Trilogy...or something else entirely different...either way...I want to see this song done live...hope somebody films this one

JoeyBananagoose
Trash
Trash

Post by JoeyBananagoose » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:42 pm

killer wolf wrote:Be great to hear it, think it would be better as the full trilogy though.
Very much so. It's the most theatrical group of songs Alice ever recorded that he never staged....actually that's not true is it? The RYFAY tour (which was actually called In The Flesh or something?) had them but no bloody decent footage exists! So frustrating.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:57 am

JoeyBananagoose wrote:
Very much so. It's the most theatrical group of songs Alice ever recorded that he never staged....actually that's not true is it? The RYFAY tour (which was actually called In The Flesh or something?) had them but no bloody decent footage exists! So frustrating.
Yes it was the Live in the Flesh tour 87-88...I have a couple of dvds from 2 different shows from that tour that are about as good as its going to get...during the trilogy...Alice comes out with a machete in one, an ax in the other during Chop Chop Chop..then a prostitute comes out and Alice hides and watches her be seductive, then he comes up behind her and slits her throat...goes into Gail...she starts climbing up his leg and he then goes into Roses on White Lace where he grabs her purse and pulls out some lace as he sings Roses...such a good trilogy!!!!