The phenomenal encore

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The phenomenal encore

Post by Si » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:06 pm

dadascot wrote:The ACG will play, probably, around six of the early classics so this will free up some space in the main set for a few new songs and one or two curve balls!
Doubt it will work that way. In Nashvile they just removed the songs the ACG played from the main setlist and played them in the mini-set instead. Same show length more or less.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 pm

In the old days of vinyl bootlegs, Nashville Reunion and The Phenomenal Encore would have made great titles.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Si wrote:
dadascot wrote:The ACG will play, probably, around six of the early classics so this will free up some space in the main set for a few new songs and one or two curve balls!
Doubt it will work that way. In Nashvile they just removed the songs the ACG played from the main setlist and played them in the mini-set instead. Same show length more or less.
Si, by the time Alice starts his tour with Deep Purple,Edgar Winter in August how many songs from Paranormal do you think will get played during that tour? Also after that like when the tour hits other places do you think Alice will stick to the same amount of songs from new album or maybe even add a couple more new songs? ? Just curious as I will be seeing Alice with Deep Purple in August.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:51 pm

I guess between zero and two.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:53 pm

What a stupid answer!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:56 pm

AliceFan wrote:What a stupid answer!!
If you are refering to NotSoPerfect I agree with her. Three new ones absolute tops, probably replacing Pain, World Needs Guts and Guilty knowing our luck.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Si wrote:
If you are refering to NotSoPerfect I agree with her. Three new ones absolute tops, probably replacing Pain, World Needs Guts and Guilty knowing our luck.
They should REALLY just keep World Needs Guts in for a while. That one is going great, live. And I've really enjoyed seeing Escape (which you probably meant. Guilty isn't currently in...but I quite enjoy that one live, too!).

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Si wrote:
I just said that cause I thought she was being sarcastic, I wasn't taking her seriously though, sorry for that. Well Alice did play 3 songs on the W2MN tour, 4 if you count the underture though at the beginning of those shows.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:11 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Si wrote:
They should REALLY just keep World Needs Guts in for a while. That one is going great, live. And I've really enjoyed seeing Escape (which you probably meant. Guilty isn't currently in...but I quite enjoy that one live, too!).
Yes, Escape, sorry.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Si wrote:
Plus I hope world needs Guts gets kept as well I hope to hear it when I see him on the Deep Purple tour.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Si wrote:
I just said that cause I thought she was being sarcastic, I wasn't taking her seriously though, sorry for that. Well Alice did play 3 songs on the W2MN tour, 4 if you count the underture though at the beginning of those shows.
No, you can`t count the intro tape. If you did you have to include all the other AC songs played before the band actually come on stage which would be silly.
And out of the three songs one was cut before the end of the tour.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Si wrote:
I was being fully serious. He started with 3--IBYFO, Congregation, and Caffeine..but Congregation didn't stay long at all.

And for ACAS, he only played 2--Feminine Side and Vengeance is Mine.

Same with Dirty Diamonds--Sunset Babies, Dirty Diamonds, and Woman of Mass Distraction. And Sunset Babies didn't stay long.

I was going on recent precedent.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Oh ok, I actually didn't know that one out of the 3 songs was cut before the end of the tour. Which song btw was cut just curious? An by the time I see him in August with Purple how many new songs would you say that he'll play during the purple /Edgar Winter tour?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:30 pm

AliceFan wrote:Oh ok, I actually didn't know that one out of the 3 songs was cut before the end of the tour. Which song btw was cut just curious? An by the time I see him in August with Purple how many new songs would you say that he'll play during the purple /Edgar Winter tour?
My original post states which songs were pulled.

My answer remains the same. 0 to 2. Perhaps just one, since he's not the headliner, and the majority of the crowd won't be anticipating/even know about a new album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 pm

I already told him on page 1 couldn't see it happening. His original post was about the original band playing their two songs.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:01 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
AliceFan wrote:Oh ok, I actually didn't know that one out of the 3 songs was cut before the end of the tour. Which song btw was cut just curious? An by the time I see him in August with Purple how many new songs would you say that he'll play during the purple /Edgar Winter tour?
My original post states which songs were pulled.

My answer remains the same. 0 to 2. Perhaps just one, since he's not the headliner, and the majority of the crowd won't be anticipating/even know about a new album.
Of course there going to know about the new album, unless they live under a rock, it's a classic bill tour all 3 bands are old school, and there might even be another new single by the time the AC/Purple tour starts in August and people will definitely be familiar with the new album by then since it'll be released by then already.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:29 am

This album is not a marquee release Alice fan. I'm pretty sure the majority of the audience will not have heard it no matter what your wish fantasy is. NotSoPerfect has given you stats of how many new songs get played from new releases. She is also said Alice is not headlining and I am guessing he will be playing a shorter set. If that is not enough for you I don't know what is.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:42 am

pitkin88 wrote:This album is not a marquee release Alice fan. I'm pretty sure the majority of the audience will not have heard it no matter what your wish fantasy is. NotSoPerfect has given you stats of how many new songs get played from new releases. She is also said Alice is not headlining and I am guessing he will be playing a shorter set. If that is not enough for you I don't know what is.
Most people who are going are well familiar with Alice's catalog and know about him having new album coming out ,most of the audience is old school fans anyway, and if they don't know about the new album it's all over the Internet, Alice's Facebook and I'm sure he'll tell fans during the shows that whatever new songs he plays their from new album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:27 am

AliceFan wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:This album is not a marquee release Alice fan. I'm pretty sure the majority of the audience will not have heard it no matter what your wish fantasy is. NotSoPerfect has given you stats of how many new songs get played from new releases. She is also said Alice is not headlining and I am guessing he will be playing a shorter set. If that is not enough for you I don't know what is.
Most people who are going are well familiar with Alice's catalog and know about him having new album coming out ,most of the audience is old school fans anyway, and if they don't know about the new album it's all over the Internet, Alice's Facebook and I'm sure he'll tell fans during the shows that whatever new songs he plays their from new album.

I am beginning to think you are delusional. His album sales are around 60-100k not in the millions.There will be no stampede to buy this release. All over the internet implies this release is on everyones mind. It is not. It's a blip not The Beatles? Most of the fans are old school fans? Jesus I wish you could search casual fan here. His FB page is not the BBC or NBC it is a FB page. Alice Cooper is now a touring oldies act. Probably the biggest buzz in recent years was WTMN2 and you have been told how many songs got played live from that album. Feel free to keep dreaming.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:42 am

AliceFan wrote:and I'm sure he'll tell fans during the shows that whatever new songs he plays their from new album.
This is not likely, as the only time Alice talks to the audience is when he introduces the band. He does not do between song banter and commentary.