The phenomenal encore

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

The phenomenal encore

Post by dadascot » Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Wouldn't it be perfect if, on the new tour, Alice dropped the RTD section and instead the ACG play a six song mini gig like they did in Nashville? A wet dream, but we all get to dream!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The phenomenal encore

Post by Si » Tue May 16, 2017 10:05 pm

dadascot wrote:Wouldn't it be perfect if, on the new tour, Alice dropped the RTD section and instead the ACG play a six song mini gig like they did in Nashville? A wet dream, but we all get to dream!
Well they're half way there. There isn`t a RTD section on the current tour.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:28 pm

Agreed, I could think of five songs they could drop. It would be cost prohibitive though taing them on tour.

Anyone else notice how great just two guitars sounded?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:30 pm

I'd really love to see a seven night residency in Vegas. It would cut down the time and cost of travel for the band and would be a fun place to visit for his US fans and those that would like to travel from overseas.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed May 17, 2017 12:32 am

That is a great idea. It would also be great to do a show on both coasts NYC & LA and a show in Detroit.

I think Detroit would be a great place for a 90 minute one-off extravaganza. Pull out all the stops.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 am

mr.barlow wrote:That is a great idea. It would also be great to do a show on both coasts NYC & LA and a show in Detroit.

I think Detroit would be a great place for a 90 minute one-off extravaganza. Pull out all the stops.
How about a residency at the Glasgow Hydro? Then Europe could come to us!

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am

Yessssssss and the dream comes true! And I got schools out with panties for my birthday! 'Just a little gift from me to me '#feelingrathersmug#

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 am

This will probably be the most excited I've been at an Alice gig since last century. Absolutely brilliant news.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:22 pm

AC.Com has confirmed that Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce will be joining Alice Cooper for a mini-set during the forthcoming UK shows in November, similar to the recent reunion in Nashville. The official text goes as follows:
"On May 14th, 2017 following Alice Cooper’s customary execution via guillotine on stage at his Nashville concert, fans were treated to something rarely seen since 1973. The stage went dark and original band members, bassist Dennis Dunaway, guitarist Michael Bruce and drummer Neal Smith reunited to perform a five song mini-set of their classic hits with Alice.
This followed the recent announcement that his forthcoming album – Paranormal, out July 28th on earMUSIC – will include two new recordings written and recorded by the original line-up (“Genuine American Girl and “You And All Of Your Friends”).
Now, Alice announces that the three members of the original Alice Cooper band will join him on tour in the UK, returning to these shores 46 years after they first shocked and enthralled us on their historic 1971 tour.
In Nashville, they were joined by current band member Ryan Roxie filling in for the late Glen Buxton on guitar. The band ripped through “I’m 18,” “No More Mr Nice Guy,” “Muscle of Love,” “Billion Dollar Babies” and then closed with “School’s Out,” bringing back current band members – drummer Glen Sobel, bassist Chuck Garric, and guitarists Nita Strauss and Tommy Henriksen for a grand finale."
UPDATE: Alice has posted a short video of the announcement on instagram.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm

^^ I saw the above announcement a little earlier on facebook. There were links to the announcement with the headline: 'Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce and Neal Smith will tour UK with Alice in November 2017'.

AFterward, I came straigt to this website and saw this:
AC.Com has confirmed that Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce will be joining Alice Cooper for a mini-set during the forthcoming UK shows in November, similar to the recent reunion in Nashville.

I guess a mini-set by the ACG during Alice's UK shows/tour is a step in the right direction but this is the way it is: those of us who want a full new album by the ACG get 3 or 2 ACG songs on a new Alice solo album, and this tour announcement is the live equivalent for those of us who want an ACG tour.

I couldn't help but be a bit skeptical when I saw the headline in facebook.

Ted

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Be happy for DD MB and NS. Maybe one day we will see a fill show.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:15 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Be happy for DD MB and NS. Maybe one day we will see a fill show.
You're right, we should be happy for Dennis, Mike and Neal. And like I said above, I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Ted

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:34 pm

This is brilliant from where I sit. No idea what will happen after this year but absolutely delighted with whats coming to Glasgow. Could never have expected this a few years ago. Would hate to see the back of Ryan,Chuck etc as they have been excellent so this is almost perfect.

Cindy Lang
Trash
Trash

Post by Cindy Lang » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:23 pm

This is so good so I will see Alice for the first time in a long time.

Which is the best site to buy tickets from to the Wembley show without getting defraud?
"Suddenly I realize I saw it all through real eyes"

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 pm

Personally I don't trust those resale sites, especially since one is owned by ticketmaster and allows tickets to be resold at a daft price. When you are turning to these sites the tickets are worth what you are willing to pay. Anyway you have Getmein (owned by ticketmaster) and stubhub (apparently an ebay exchange)...I personally wouldn't touch either unless its very little over face value.... There is possibly a few more and you should read the Ts and Cs about refunds incase you get sold crap and how long after purchase you have to make a claim...I'm a bit skeptical of these sites though, others may have glowing recommendations.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Be happy for DD MB and NS. Maybe one day we will see a fill show.
You're right, we should be happy for Dennis, Mike and Neal. And like I said above, I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Ted
I wonder if the original band will play the 2 new songs their featured on on the new album? It would make perfect sense, since Alice will be well into the Paranormal tour by that time. Also at least 1 show should be filmed for the books, and on dvd/cd to mark the occasion for their reuniting again and cause of Alice having songs from Paranormal in the setlist will be great as well. Good idea?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:29 am

AliceFan wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:

Ted
I wonder if the original band will play the 2 new songs their featured on on the new album? It would make perfect sense, since Alice will be well into the Paranormal tour by that time. Also at least 1 show should be filmed for the books, and on dvd/cd to mark the occasion for their reuniting again and cause of Alice having songs from Paranormal in the setlist will be great as well. Good idea?

It would be a great idea but Alice barely plays any new stuff so I don't see it happening.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:49 am

Of course Alice will play 2 0r 3 new songs since he will be supporting the new album for quite a while by the time the UK shows start. An on the W2MN tour he played 3 songs live. An these shows are special occasions so you never know we might get a live DVD out of one of the shows.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:04 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
AliceFan wrote: I wonder if the original band will play the 2 new songs their featured on on the new album? It would make perfect sense, since Alice will be well into the Paranormal tour by that time. Also at least 1 show should be filmed for the books, and on dvd/cd to mark the occasion for their reuniting again and cause of Alice having songs from Paranormal in the setlist will be great as well. Good idea?
It would be a great idea but Alice barely plays any new stuff so I don't see it happening.
Great idea, AliceFan, however, pitkin88 has a point. All you can do I guess is cross your fingers!

Ted

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:07 pm

The ACG will play, probably, around six of the early classics so this will free up some space in the main set for a few new songs and one or two curve balls! Of course we have no idea what will be played, especially without hearing the new album, but I have a feeling that the main set is going to be shaken up a bit! Cannot wait,