New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New album update

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 am

Pain, Escape, World Need Guts, Brutal Planet, + 2 For the live songs. I'd hate to see just hits :/

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:45 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:Pain, Escape, World Need Guts, Brutal Planet, + 2 For the live songs. I'd hate to see just hits :/
This is just ridiculous. Here's a novel idea. If you want your current band to be heard, make an album with them. Let them be creative. Pain, Brutal Planet, and Escape were not played until this year, so World Needs Guts, Long Way To Go, and Public Animal #9 possibly could be on there, but I am sure they will direct the live songs to the hits to catch the casual fans eye. The more I hear, the less excited I become about this album. It sounds like they are phoning things in instead of dialing them in.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:55 am

guttertrash wrote:
Lucius Morthem wrote:Pain, Escape, World Need Guts, Brutal Planet, + 2 For the live songs. I'd hate to see just hits :/
This is just ridiculous. Here's a novel idea. If you want your current band to be heard, make an album with them. Let them be creative. Pain, Brutal Planet, and Escape were not played until this year, so World Needs Guts, Long Way To Go, and Public Animal #9 possibly could be on there, but I am sure they will direct the live songs to the hits to catch the casual fans eye. The more I hear, the less excited I become about this album. It sounds like they are phoning things in instead of dialing them in.
Alice doesn't need his current band to play on his albums, Alice for the better part of 25 yrs has had session players on his studio albums and they still have been great. An brutal planet, escape have been played live before. Why are all of your comments negative all of the time? ? I'm the complete opposite of you the more I hear the more I anticipate this new album.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:09 am

You should learn about something that you claim to love so much. The show last year that the songs are pulled from did not have Brutal Planet, Pain, or Escape played!!! Eyes and Dirty Diamonds were with his live band without session musicians. ACAS was mostly recorded with the producer and engineers playing everything except for a couple songs with the live band, and those in my opinion sounded the best by far on a lousy album. W2MN, Trash, and Hey Stoopid had a lot of guests, and they are three of my least favorite albums he has made. I will voice my opinion when I feel like it, because I have enough information to build an informed opinion to feel the way I do.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:25 am

Yes you are right about ACAS though it is a lousy album, but maybe Alice personally feels that his current band is just to be used for live shows. An I personally don't think Nita's guitar playing would work well on an Alice album. But I know that Tommy Henriksen plays on new album and Bob Ezrin plays Hammond organ it's mentioned on this sites discography page for paranormal album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:34 am

AliceFan wrote:Yeah , I would think that they could have waited a little bit longer and put the songs that the ACG played in Nashville on May 14 would've been great since the bonus disc is songs recorded with Neal, Dennis, Mike anyway, that'd perfect sense. Anyone agree with this idea?

100%. I guess we'll just have to wait for a bootlegger to release Nashville Reunion.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:48 am

If that writing team makes an album that sounds classic and is better than Dirty Diamonds, I wil be happy. My favorite albums of Alice post 1980 have had Ryan Roxie on them. He is the guy who has worked hard at helping create as classic of an Alice sound live as possible. Hell, he is the guy that plays Glen's part. They are saying a classic sounding Alice album, but it is missing the guy who has helped bring Alice back closer to the classic sound. I loved growing up listening to my dad's Alice albums from the 70s. Eyes and Dirty Diamonds were the first albums that I got into of his since I was born. I saw Alice for the first time on the Dragontown tour, and I like those albums, because I thought he did a great job of creating music that was influenced by his religious beliefs and invoked Dante's inferno as well as tieing them into the current strife of the world. I however loved Eyes and Diamonds, because they were a move back to rock n'roll. I was hoping they would build upon that and create albums that kept those elements and pushed the songwriting to be a bit more complex at times. Instead the band has been dropped, and besides a couple tracks from the ACG, there are two albums that in my opinion are embarrassing. ACAS didn't have to be, but Greg Hampton is an absolutely lousy producer. Ezrin made an album that sounded better sonically, but I dislike all but two of the songs.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:58 am

pitkin88 wrote:
AliceFan wrote:Yeah , I would think that they could have waited a little bit longer and put the songs that the ACG played in Nashville on May 14 would've been great since the bonus disc is songs recorded with Neal, Dennis, Mike anyway, that'd perfect sense. Anyone agree with this idea?

100%. I guess we'll just have to wait for a bootlegger to release Nashville Reunion.
Already happened. There is a single out with 18 + B$B on it.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:07 am

Good explanation, guttertrash, but yes I think it can be done I think we will witness hearing an album better than dirty diamonds everyone including Alice,shep Gordon, Tommy derAnder (another session guitarist on new album ),execs at EarMusic have said this is a return to dirty garage rock from Alice era 71'or 72'and it's a wonderful album and it's the most excited I've been for an album in a long time, Tommy derender says. I have faith in it,you should too,I think we're going to be in for a real surprise in a good way for this new album. Not long till July 28th now! And we get our first taste of album Friday in the new single.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:52 am

mestreech wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

Already happened. There is a single out with 18 + B$B on it.
Is there a link? PM if it is not ok w Si.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:57 am

AliceFan wrote:Good explanation, guttertrash, but yes I think it can be done I think we will witness hearing an album better than dirty diamonds everyone including Alice,shep Gordon, Tommy derAnder (another session guitarist on new album ),execs at EarMusic have said this is a return to dirty garage rock from Alice era 71'or 72'and it's a wonderful album and it's the most excited I've been for an album in a long time, Tommy derender says. I have faith in it,you should too,I think we're going to be in for a real surprise in a good way for this new album. Not long till July 28th now! And we get our first taste of album Friday in the new single.

and Joey Ramone used to claim with every new release it was the best thing they'd ever done. Seriously Aliceflan what is wrong with you?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:38 am

My Mum just called to say she heard the new single on Chris Evans' Radio 2 show!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 am

wind_up_toy wrote:My Mum just called to say she heard the new single on Chris Evans' Radio 2 show!
Yep, Alice was on for a couple of minutes and then they played the single (with Evans talking over the beginning and end).

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 am

Any good Si? My Mum liked it :)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:59 am

And he was just on planet rock. Same again - short interview and the single.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:00 am

wind_up_toy wrote:Any good Si? My Mum liked it :)
Quite catchy. Sounds nothing like Killer though haha

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 am

Si wrote:
Sounds promising, look forward to catching it later :)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:12 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote:
Sounds promising, look forward to catching it later :)
Both shows should be available to "listen again" soon

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08s74z8 starts somewere from 1 hour and 56 minutes...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 am

I like it. It's got groove and hooks.

Love the drum sound also.