ACG Nashville reunion

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ACG Nashville reunion

Post by Si » Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 am

I think it's unfair to talk about Bob when he isn`t able to reply here.
If you want to know what he has to say you obviously know where to look.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:12 am

Si wrote:I think it's unfair to talk about Bob when he isn`t able to reply here.
If you want to know what he has to say you obviously know where to look.
Well you banned him.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 am

I should point out that Bob's FB page for Glen is now a closed group and will not be promoting AC DD NS or MB. The page will focus solely on Glen.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed May 17, 2017 9:25 am

Back on point! Great looking show, Dennis looks every inch the rock god, and great to see mike looking so well! Please please play in the UK!

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 am

dadascot wrote:Back on point! Great looking show, Dennis looks every inch the rock god, and great to see mike looking so well! Please please play in the UK!
Yes Mike is looking better than ever , but it beats me how Dennis looks so young !

I wonder if this concert was captured / recorded and may be the "specially selected live songs" on Disc 2 of Paranormal

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am

nurserozetta wrote:
dadascot wrote:I wonder if this concert was captured / recorded and may be the "specially selected live songs" on Disc 2 of Paranormal
That thought crossed my mind too.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:07 pm

That would be leaving things very late so I very much doubt it.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 pm

pitkin88 wrote:That would be leaving things very late so I very much doubt it.
If they can sell instant live cd's at the end of a show, I don't think this is such a weird thought.
And in case the performance was not that stellar to put it out on an official release, there is still two months to overdub or fix things.
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu May 18, 2017 12:09 am

I did notice 2 cameras on the wings of the stage, but that wouldn't be enough for a pro shot gig. (At least I would think).

I flew out for both Nashville shows, and wow.... I've seen Alice about 30+ times since 2000, and every show has just been amazing and flawless from both Alice and his band. But man, when that curtain came up, and the original Alice Cooper were standing there (RIP Glen), and Alice walked to the top of that riser next to Neal during "I'm Eighteen", I got chills.

The power coming from Dennis's bass, Neal Smith pounding away on the drums, Michael and Roxie just meshing....it just really blew me away. I've been a fan of all generations of Alice's music, but these guys NEED to tour. It would've been great if they were doing the Deep Purple shows with the original guys. But I'm seeing Alice 3 more times this year, and I'll definitely be missing Neal, Michael and Dennis.

I just don't know why they don't do a one month tour. Play the hits, a few deep cuts..... Theyre not getting any younger. I met 18 year old kids that drove down from St. Louis just to see the ACG. Obviously wouldn't sell out stadiums like in the 70's...but Alice does get instant press anytime these guys play together

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:14 am

Spot and Jerome wrote:
If they can sell instant live cd's at the end of a show, I don't think this is such a weird thought.
And in case the performance was not that stellar to put it out on an official release, there is still two months to overdub or fix things.
You can't compare a soundboard live stick or whatever they call it with an official mixed and probably over dubbed factory pressed cd.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:20 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:I did notice 2 cameras on the wings of the stage, but that wouldn't be enough for a pro shot gig. (At least I would think).

I flew out for both Nashville shows, and wow.... I've seen Alice about 30+ times since 2000, and every show has just been amazing and flawless from both Alice and his band. But man, when that curtain came up, and the original Alice Cooper were standing there (RIP Glen), and Alice walked to the top of that riser next to Neal during "I'm Eighteen", I got chills.

The power coming from Dennis's bass, Neal Smith pounding away on the drums, Michael and Roxie just meshing....it just really blew me away. I've been a fan of all generations of Alice's music, but these guys NEED to tour. It would've been great if they were doing the Deep Purple shows with the original guys. But I'm seeing Alice 3 more times this year, and I'll definitely be missing Neal, Michael and Dennis.

I just don't know why they don't do a one month tour. Play the hits, a few deep cuts..... Theyre not getting any younger. I met 18 year old kids that drove down from St. Louis just to see the ACG. Obviously wouldn't sell out stadiums like in the 70's...but Alice does get instant press anytime these guys play together

All three of them were btilliant and it has shut up the can they still cut it brigade. Michael was a revelation and being able to hear the songs as they sounded back in the day was amaxing. Ahh Dennis's bass lines. Glad you had a great time.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 am

pitkin88 wrote:
All three of them were btilliant and it has shut up the can they still cut it brigade. Michael was a revelation and being able to hear the songs as they sounded back in the day was amaxing. Ahh Dennis's bass lines. Glad you had a great time.
Yep! My favorite Alice show I'd seen up to this point was the Whisky a Go Go gig back in 2011. This beat it by a billion. Without a doubt the best Alice show I've ever seen. Alice seemed really into it, and I hope he missed playing those songs with Michael, Neal and Dennis when they did the gig in Columbus last night lol.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu May 18, 2017 2:36 am

pitkin88 wrote:
VinceLeeRose wrote:I did notice 2 cameras on the wings of the stage, but that wouldn't be enough for a pro shot gig. (At least I would think).

I agree it was so great to hear Dennis' bass lines. The whole thing was just amazing. Alice also looked very into it which leads me to think that there is going to be much more to come.

You can see the chemistry has returned. You can see the fire once again. To be honest, it looked and sounded like they have playing together since 1974!

I admit that I was one who thought that any reunion might end up being a lackluster trip to nostalgialand, but after seeing these performances I will be the first to admit I was very wrong. Also, I am thrilled that I was very wrong!

All of them look and sound in top form and I hope that this continues! And I can't say enough how good it was to hear DD's bass lines!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu May 18, 2017 7:14 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Spot and Jerome wrote:
You can't compare a soundboard live stick or whatever they call it with an official mixed and probably over dubbed factory pressed cd.
I'd be amazed if they released any audio from this week on an album released in July. There was also no guarantee that the performances or recordings would have been any good so foolish to bank on it before it's even happened.

I remain extremely hopeful that the Astroturf recordings will make their way onto this release.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu May 18, 2017 1:41 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Do you know if it was filmed Hunter?
I only saw one professional video camera, and it was in the back of the room and couldn't possibly have captured anything, since the stage was only about a foot high and people were standing in front of it.

Several people recorded all or more of it. Pretties for You NYC's Nick Didkovsky recorded the whole thing, which can be found on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/nick.didkovsky ... 625420690/

Hunter

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:10 pm

SickThings wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Do you know if it was filmed Hunter?
I only saw one professional video camera, and it was in the back of the room and couldn't possibly have captured anything, since the stage was only about a foot high and people were standing in front of it.

Several people recorded all or more of it. Pretties for You NYC's Nick Didkovsky recorded the whole thing, which can be found on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/nick.didkovsky ... 625420690/

Hunter
Appreciate it thank you!!

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

I agree it was so great to hear Dennis' bass lines. The whole thing was just amazing. Alice also looked very into it which leads me to think that there is going to be much more to come.

You can see the chemistry has returned. You can see the fire once again. To be honest, it looked and sounded like they have playing together since 1974!

I admit that I was one who thought that any reunion might end up being a lackluster trip to nostalgialand, but after seeing these performances I will be the first to admit I was very wrong. Also, I am thrilled that I was very wrong!

All of them look and sound in top form and I hope that this continues! And I can't say enough how good it was to hear DD's bass lines!
Mr Barlow I concede you "Nuff Respec"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Michael really looks like he's taking this seriously and has upped his game big time.

He was slightly rusty at times or just stuck mostly to rhythm, now he's playing well and doing leads too. Looks like he's having fun. Very cool.

Count me as another one who would love to see these guys do a tour of some sort.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu May 18, 2017 9:02 pm

I've always been a proponent of having the original guys and the Nashville show I attended was amazing. Having said that, while Michael sounded great (with a few cues from Ryan), he didn't move much and is sitting in many of the after show pictures, so I do wonder how he could handle a full show, much less a tour. Not saying he couldn't, just a concern.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Post by Today Mueller » Thu May 18, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm just wondering, wtf are the WTMN props doing on that stage :bam: