Mar Y Sol 1972 album

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Re: Mar Y Sol 1972 album

Post by Today Mueller » Sat May 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Me too. I ordered it along with Nobody Likes Us. Dosh been drawed over a week ago but noting in the mail so far.
Will give them a few days before I ask them about it.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat May 06, 2017 8:00 pm

I ordered via Amazon but was since informed that the release has been pushed back to 15-17th May.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Post by Today Mueller » Sun May 07, 2017 4:39 am

Thanks, that would explain why.

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sun May 07, 2017 10:51 am

I bought it over a week ago at HMV in Liverpool. Sound quality is good and I really like the cardboard sleeve with an out-take from the Killer album cover session.

Catweazle
Trash
Trash

Post by Catweazle » Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 am

Received my copy last weekend and am very happy. There are so many AC boots around with truy ugly cover designs but this one is beautifully done, really worth having.

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Post by Today Mueller » Tue May 09, 2017 7:12 pm

EA said they would ship tomorrow.
Looking forward :grin:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue May 23, 2017 12:49 am

Got my cd (mini lp style) and vinyl today.
In one word : EXCELLENT.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri May 26, 2017 12:03 am

Got mine the other day. Very nice package. Super high gloss cover, great era appropriate photos, exactly what us fans deserve.

The performance is a bit lack luster but I'll take the ACG on a bad night over the best night of a post '82 show. They took care to clean up the tapes, not sure what they used SpcetraLayers/Izotope or whatever else. But they cleaned it up perfectly - almost too perfect as I think it's unnatural to hear no noise or hiss. Nevertheless it's a near complete Killer show, just tag on the School's Out jam from Old School and you get the whole thing in good sound quality.

Easy Action/Applebush clearly care about the product they release. I wish they could work in concert with whoever has the keys to the vault and do all AC/ACG archival releases. I haven't bothered buying the LA '75, San Diego '79, Saginaw '78 and El Paso '80 grey market releases, as I have the material already and those releases didn't look like any sort of upgrade to what was out there already. But this and the Toronto '69 releases clearly are worthwhile purchases. Let's hope they get their hands on EA, SO and MoL tour tapes. They would know what to do with them.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:50 am

Toronto Bob wrote:Got mine the other day. Very nice package. Super high gloss cover, great era appropriate photos, exactly what us fans deserve.

The performance is a bit lack luster but I'll take the ACG on a bad night over the best night of a post '82 show. They took care to clean up the tapes, not sure what they used SpcetraLayers/Izotope or whatever else. But they cleaned it up perfectly - almost too perfect as I think it's unnatural to hear no noise or hiss. Nevertheless it's a near complete Killer show, just tag on the School's Out jam from Old School and you get the whole thing in good sound quality.

Easy Action/Applebush clearly care about the product they release. I wish they could work in concert with whoever has the keys to the vault and do all AC/ACG archival releases. I haven't bothered buying the LA '75, San Diego '79, Saginaw '78 and El Paso '80 grey market releases, as I have the material already and those releases didn't look like any sort of upgrade to what was out there already. But this and the Toronto '69 releases clearly are worthwhile purchases. Let's hope they get their hands on EA, SO and MoL tour tapes. They would know what to do with them.

Seems like a company that knows what the hard core fan wants and cares about the sound and packaging. How does it compare soundwise with the School's Out jam TB?

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri May 26, 2017 2:16 am

At work right now - will A/B it and get back to you. I hope other s chime in

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Post by Today Mueller » Fri May 26, 2017 4:01 am

I ordered both Mar Y sol and Nobody Likes Us, and they got lost in the mail :angry:
Will get them eventually, can't wait.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 pm

[quote="pitkin88"
Seems like a company that knows what the hard core fan wants and cares about the sound and packaging. How does it compare soundwise with the School's Out jam TB?[/quote]

Very similar, Old School eq is a bit brighter

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:[quote="pitkin88"
Seems like a company that knows what the hard core fan wants and cares about the sound and packaging. How does it compare soundwise with the School's Out jam TB?

Very similar, Old School eq is a bit brighter[/quote]

Wonder if it's from the same source.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 27, 2017 7:50 pm

From pitkin88:
"Wonder if it's from the same source."

The recording on "Old School" is of a show from St. Louis, whereas the recording being discussed is of a show in Manati, which is in Puerto Rico, on the same tour.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat May 27, 2017 9:51 pm

No we're talking about the SO jam on Old School, which isn't included on this album

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 28, 2017 9:55 am

From Toronto Bob:
"No we're talking about the SO jam on Old School, which isn't included on this album

Yes, you're right. My apologies. The only recording I'm aware of is the stereo recording of the complete show which I have heard but there is no way of knowing if that originally came from a multi - track recording to begin with or if the multi - track recording has even survived. For example, I know Warner Brothers have a copy of the complete show but that just might be a stereo recording as well (which is all that was used on "Old School" as well).

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun May 28, 2017 7:41 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:[quote="pitkin88"

Very similar, Old School eq is a bit brighter

Wonder if it's from the same source.[/quote]

Oh I forgot to include the fact that the levels are cranked on the Old School School's Out. I don't have the Mar Y Sol cd just the vinyl but the wav forms look a bit more natural on the Easy Action/Applebush release. With the noise reduction used, it's impossible for me to tell if Old School used a lower, higher or same generation of tape.

Odd how there's a note that says "Not for Sale in the USA". This seems the type of material ideal for a Rhino Records release. Hopefully whatever is the impediment, it relents soon. I'm sure every decent quality concert tape from the original band would do well as a boutique release by Rhino.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun May 28, 2017 8:45 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"Odd how there's a note that says "Not for Sale in the USA"."

No. The reason for that is that the company releasing this believes that this recording was originally a radio broadcast (there is no evidence I or any other collectors are aware of that this is the case) and while such releases (radio broadcasts) can be legally sold in Europe as long as royalties are being paid and again I am told there have been no advances paid to the performers, composers or the legal owners of the recording (I think this has been discussed before) they cannot be sold on the other side of The Atlantic Ocean so that's why that statement is on there.

> This seems the type of material ideal for a Rhino Records release. Hopefully whatever is the impediment, it relents soon. I'm sure every decent quality concert tape from the original band would do well as a boutique release by Rhino.

Without going into detail, this was considered by one company (not the one you mention) but again, whether they think it's worth doing now that it has been bootlegged is another matter. We will have to wait and see about that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:56 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Toronto Bob:
"Odd how there's a note that says "Not for Sale in the USA"."

No. The reason for that is that the company releasing this believes that this recording was originally a radio broadcast (there is no evidence I or any other collectors are aware of that this is the case) and while such releases (radio broadcasts) can be legally sold in Europe as long as royalties are being paid and again I am told there have been no advances paid to the performers, composers or the legal owners of the recording (I think this has been discussed before) they cannot be sold on the other side of The Atlantic Ocean so that's why that statement is on there.

> This seems the type of material ideal for a Rhino Records release. Hopefully whatever is the impediment, it relents soon. I'm sure every decent quality concert tape from the original band would do well as a boutique release by Rhino.

Without going into detail, this was considered by one company (not the one you mention) but again, whether they think it's worth doing now that it has been bootlegged is another matter. We will have to wait and see about that.

Who legally owns the recording?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Maybe any future releases should be negotiated with this company.