For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:15 pm

guttertrash wrote:I agree with Feezle-Nuts that Pain could definitely be a dud crowd wise, but I hope it stays in the set, because I love that song! I am also happy about the addition of Escape! I can't see Brutal Planet going over well as an opener for the majority of people. The World Needs Guts and Woman Of Mass Distraction were not in the set for the first leg of Spend The Night With Alice that I saw, and I really hate seeing them taking up space in the show when Is It My Body, Public Animal, and now Long Way To Go have been scrapped. I have heard less excitement from a few of my friends about the show now that they have seen the setlist, and some people who were on the fence waiting to make a last minute decision have decided not to go. I hope that the crowd is good though, because it is Alice's first show in Birmingham since 2007.
Opinions are going to vary a lot from person to person. I've talked with a lot of people quite interested in seeing a few of the new songs.

Pain is one I've hoped to hear for years, and REALLY hope is still in the setlist come early June.

I think BP will do fine as the opener, for hard core and casual fans alike. It's got a driving beat, and accompanies the start of the show. Pretty much anyone will be on the "here he comes!" high yet, at that point.

The other ones, you mentioned....that's really all personal preference. Many people have been hoping for years the set would be a little more Alice-solo-material heavy, and he's gotten a few more of those in. The World Needs Guts went down very well live, when I saw it last year, and I tend to recall WOMAD doing well with audience reception as well, when I've seen it.

Roll on, June!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:12 pm

And here's the new opening, sounds great but shame about the unchanged (and fairly low key) arrival by Alice spanning nearly 5 years now:

https://youtu.be/pAuE3-OyBz4
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm surprised Pain is so early in the set. I would have thought it would be better a little later?

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:47 pm

As long as it stays in, Pain can be wherever in the setlist :)
More than half of it this time is Alice solo material, which is a welcome news for me.
Love Brutal Planet, The world needs guts, also a great addition in Escape, and Pain is a dream come true.
Could do without Woman but hey.
Fantastic news also the covers are gone.
Alice will be in Italy in November, I was waiting for setlists to decide whether or not to go, because after so many years of same old routine, for the first time I was considering not going to see him. Now if the new additions will make it through to November, I'll be in again :)
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Interesting to see Brutal PLanet back.... I mean,with the possibility of war around the corner...

Pain sounds really great, Still haven't seen a video of escape.

Woman is there because it's a fun song, if there's one song getting swapped, hope is that one :)

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:45 pm

PS: Anyone has photos of the logo on the back of Alice's jacket during BP ?

francois
Trash
Trash

Post by francois » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 am

Hi!
so happy just to see again Alice! 2 shows in paris that's so greeeeat! so i will be at both, and i am always happy with anything he does :)
There are so many songs that could fit, now it just should be longer sets...
Just can't wait july, thank you Alice to deliver a new album for my 50 years old bday :laugh:

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:14 pm

I love the current set list. Brutal Planet sounded amazing as the opener in Tupelo, Pain was great, Escape was great, and The World Needs Guts flat out rocks. This setlist is much better than last year's in my opinion.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:56 pm

In my opinion the best entrances of modern time were from the Brutal Planet tour, the Eyes (the riser) and the Psycho Drama tour.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:22 pm

I have questions... When (and if) the New Album drops how many of these "New Additions" are likely to remain in the set? :(
Room will need to be made for a couple of new 'un's don't you think? :/
Kind of a double edged sword there.
The new set list is getting a good response but, brand new material would be greatly appreciated. :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:20 pm

God, I love the new setlist :clap:

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:I have questions... When (and if) the New Album drops how many of these "New Additions" are likely to remain in the set? :(
Room will need to be made for a couple of new 'un's don't you think? :/
Kind of a double edged sword there.
The new set list is getting a good response but, brand new material would be greatly appreciated. :clap:
If the album does come out in July, can see only one single being played at first just like with bite your face off so I wouldnt expect the set to change too much.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Pain sounds great...now here is Escape...sounds awesome...the whole part with "but where am i running to there's no place to go" part, Alice's voice sounds so amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrwXydVKJu4
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Pain sounds great...now here is Escape...sounds awesome...the whole part with "but where am i running to there's no place to go" part, Alice's voice sounds so amazing!

Is it me or aren`t they playing the main riff right? Doesn`t have the right rhythm?

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:42 pm

It does sound kind of odd. But still great though!

I love seeing The Coop like that, that attitude, He looks so young, I can't believe his age.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Si wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Pain sounds great...now here is Escape...sounds awesome...the whole part with "but where am i running to there's no place to go" part, Alice's voice sounds so amazing!

Is it me or aren`t they playing the main riff right? Doesn`t have the right rhythm?
The riff sounds fine it's Nita's high notes being played which ruins this song on the video. Guitar tone needs to be changed or sound dropped slightly as it's drowning out the the other two guitars that are playing the main riff.
Maybe it's the video picking up that annoying sound more than the other guitars but I can't keep watching that video because of that noise.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:06 am

bigbradwolf wrote:
Si wrote:

The riff sounds fine it's Nita's high notes being played which ruins this song on the video. Guitar tone needs to be changed or sound dropped slightly as it's drowning out the the other two guitars that are playing the main riff.
Maybe it's the video picking up that annoying sound more than the other guitars but I can't keep watching that video because of that noise.
Well the sound isn`t great I agree, but no, the main riff, the second phrase is wrong, they are repeating the first phrase rhythm.
"da-da Da Da, Da-da Da Da" when it should be "da-da da da, (slight pause)daaada da da".. if that makes any sense lol... I know what I mean. It hasn`t got the "swing" of the original and is very rigid.
It's the little things.... :)

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 am

Si is right.

The sound of Nita's guitar is a thing of the video. Almost sure

flanostu
Trash
Trash

Post by flanostu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:18 am

Brutal Planet, Pain, The World Needs Guts.........the only thing that would make this even more amazing is if/when the tour gap between 1st July (Barcelona) & 21st July (Norway) gets filled with some more European gigs. I'll be in Russia for the Confederations Cup & that finishes on 2nd July. A football & Alice trip combined, I'm drooling over my MacBook as I write this :bam: :clap:

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 am

flanostu wrote:Brutal Planet, Pain, The World Needs Guts.........the only thing that would make this even more amazing is if/when the tour gap between 1st July (Barcelona) & 21st July (Norway) gets filled with some more European gigs. I'll be in Russia for the Confederations Cup & that finishes on 2nd July. A football & Alice trip combined, I'm drooling over my MacBook as I write this :bam: :clap:
Football and Alice would be an epic trip...Whats bringing you over to the Confederations Cup?