Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Breaking News-Original Band Reunite For One Night Only

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Hey everyone,

Last year I had the pleasure of seeing Alice perform at the TPAC in Nashville. I still get alerts and different things from the TPAC and this has popped up according to the Tennessee Performing Arts Center:

THIS JUST IN: For one night only Original Alice Cooper band members Dennis Dunaway, drummer Neal Smith and guitarist Michael Bruce reunite Alice here on May 14. Nashville is the only date on the 2017 Spend the Night with Alice Cooper tour where fans can experience a set featuring all four original members of the group.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Breaking News-Original Band Reunite For One Night Only

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:33 pm

...And the ball starts rolling. Thanks, CooperRocks!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:44 pm

cooperrocks wrote:Just saw this as well. https://twitter.com/RealAliceCooper/sta ... 50/photo/1
I saw it at www.sickthingsuk.co.uk ;)

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Ingenious to announce this when there's nothing but crap seats left.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Who is going to play guitar with Michael?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm

cooperrocks wrote:Hey everyone,

Last year I had the pleasure of seeing Alice perform at the TPAC in Nashville. I still get alerts and different things from the TPAC and this has popped up according to the Tennessee Performing Arts Center:

THIS JUST IN: For one night only Original Alice Cooper band members Dennis Dunaway, drummer Neal Smith and guitarist Michael Bruce reunite Alice here on May 14. Nashville is the only date on the 2017 Spend the Night with Alice Cooper tour where fans can experience a set featuring all four original members of the group.

Any backstory for this? Why Nashville? Was this a last minute thing while they were finishing up some stuff there? Good luck to all who are close by enough to attend.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Just looking at Alice's concert dates and this leaves only the day of the show to rehearse. I'm guessing not much of a live show just the band playing like they did in the record store except this is an actual venue.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Ingenious to announce this when there's nothing but crap seats left.
I'm guessing they didn`t plan to do it when the show was originally announced.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:33 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Just looking at Alice's concert dates and this leaves only the day of the show to rehearse. I'm guessing not much of a live show just the band playing like they did in the record store except this is an actual venue.
I would guess (and that is all it is, a guess) that they will come out for a 4/5 song encore or something like that, and it will be the obvious songs.
I would also *guess* probably Ryan will stand in for Glen the same way he did at Good records, with everyone joining in for a final SO at the end.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Just looking at Alice's concert dates and this leaves only the day of the show to rehearse. I'm guessing not much of a live show just the band playing like they did in the record store except this is an actual venue.
I would guess (and that is all it is, a guess) that they will come out for a 4/5 song encore or something like that, and it will be the obvious songs.
I would also *guess* probably Ryan will stand in for Glen the same way he did at Good records, with everyone joining in for a final SO at the end.

Yes I just now saw that it is a mini-show which to me is not that exciting. I assumed this was a one off complete show when first reading it. Either way i'm happy for MB DD and NS.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:48 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
cooperrocks wrote:Hey everyone,

Any backstory for this? Why Nashville? Was this a last minute thing while they were finishing up some stuff there? Good luck to all who are close by enough to attend.
Not sure. I do know Alice has been recording the new album in Nashville but based on everything being said, I assumed the album was done (I am still assuming that is the case but I suppose there is a chance there was a little more work needing to be done).

I know Alice seems to really like Nashville and I believe Chuck Garric lives there (not that it has anything to do with why it is Nashville only) and Bob Ezrin, if I am not mistaken.

I am actually going to the Tupelo show and wasn't planning on going to the Nashville show this year. I went to last year's concert there and it was a terrific show and a great venue, but tons of tickets were still left last year so it is sort of interesting why that location was chosen.

As of right now, there are still a lot of tickets remaining. Last year the bottom was pretty much full but not many seats were sold in the middle and top sections. Before they made the announcement, about half the bottom section was already gone and about 100-150 tickets gone in the middle and top sections. It will be interesting to see if this boost sales.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:00 pm

The Nashville show does not seem to be selling very well. Based on the tpac website out of a total of 2,472 available seats, there are 1,516 seats still available. None of the VIP package seats (rows 1-15) seem to be available though.

The Birmingham, AL show has available tickets from the 12th row back now for sale at $28 a piece instead of the $75 and $45 that they were initially.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:14 pm

guttertrash wrote:The Nashville show does not seem to be selling very well. Based on the tpac website out of a total of 2,472 available seats, there are 1,516 seats still available. None of the VIP package seats (rows 1-15) seem to be available though.

The Birmingham, AL show has available tickets from the 12th row back now for sale at $28 a piece instead of the $75 and $45 that they were initially.
Yeah that was the case last year too. I would say there probably were about a 1,000 seats left when it was all said and done. It was a great show and I like that venue a lot but ticket prices were high. I know when he played the Ryman in Nashville a few years before it was close to a sell-out. It will be interesting to see if this will bring in people from other areas since the original band is going to play a few songs.

Just a little sidebar but on the issue of Nashville which is a great music city obviously, I really think there is a demand for Alice in Memphis (tons of fans)but he hasn't played Memphis in years. He is playing Tupelo a couple of hours away this year and tickets are selling well for that show, but no advertisement about it in the Memphis area or with Memphis radio.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:46 pm

No advertisement here in Birmingham eitherI am curious what ticket sales for this show at the Alabama Theater are looking like considering the drop in ticket prices. Ticket prices here are also higher than I have had to pay in other cities such as Montgomery, and the Alabama Theatre has a bit higher capacity. I know there is a ton that goes into pricing, and I don't know all the details, but I know a lot of people were turned off that were really excited when the show was announced.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 am

Great for those folks able to attend. Hopefully there is interest for the guys to plan a whole tour together. When I saw DD's band play last year it was incredible how great those old songs sounded with THAT bass sound. Combine it with the proper drummer, singer and guitarist, I would actually buy a ticket for that.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Just a follow up to what I had posted yesterday. The $28 tickets were a special being run yesterday, because they have returned to regular price today.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Although Nashville is out of my typical concert range, I had to make an exception when I heard the news. Luckily, since I am going solo I was able to get an floor seat in the middle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 pm

I am not the greatest fan of these reunions. With that said, I can't help being happy for all of you guys that are :clap:

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Well that figures. Although Alice will be in Nashville and Birmingham we had decided to pass this time around since other than maybe a minor set list change here and there it's the same show we saw in Huntsville last August. Now this is announced and even though it's probably just a couple of standards it would still be a treat for an old timer such as myself and something that we didn't see the last time around. So I dunno, maybe we'll see about going afterall.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.