For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jram
Killer
Killer

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by jram » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm

"Evidence has been mounting that some promoters and managers are funnelling tickets direct to the secondary sites without ever advertising them to touts or to ordinary fans."

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:29 am

When you buy your tickets from ticket master and get logged on within a few seconds of them going on sale and all you get is 2nd rate, and when ticketmaster own 2 of the touts favoured resale sites and also take a commission it snot hard to work out what's going on imo.

However...f&ck ticketmaster and anyone scamming it. I got 2 tickets and will just go wi the hype

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:07 am

Alice is coming to Belgium on the 6th of august (Lokerse Feesten ) with Manson, Megadeath...
you really wouldn't understand..

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Got my tickets for Tilburg (013) on the 4th of december. :rock:

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 am

mestreech wrote:Got my tickets for Tilburg (013) on the 4th of december. :rock:

I'm considering coming over for that one. :clap:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

neversleeps
Trash
Trash

Post by neversleeps » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 am

I'm thinking of going to both nights in Dublin. Does anyone have any idea if the set changes much from night to night? I know most of the time he plays a standard enough set for the whole tour but if it's the same city, does it change up much?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 pm

neversleeps wrote:I'm thinking of going to both nights in Dublin. Does anyone have any idea if the set changes much from night to night? I know most of the time he plays a standard enough set for the whole tour but if it's the same city, does it change up much?
No, not normally.

neversleeps
Trash
Trash

Post by neversleeps » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Si wrote:
neversleeps wrote:I'm thinking of going to both nights in Dublin. Does anyone have any idea if the set changes much from night to night? I know most of the time he plays a standard enough set for the whole tour but if it's the same city, does it change up much?
No, not normally.
Thanks Si. I kind of guessed that. While looking through the setlists of the past few years, I didn't see many "double shows" in the same city and was just curious if that was the exception to the rule.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 pm

neversleeps wrote:
Si wrote:
No, not normally.
Thanks Si. I kind of guessed that. While looking through the setlists of the past few years, I didn't see many "double shows" in the same city and was just curious if that was the exception to the rule.
I think that normally there are only doubles of the original show sells out quickly (like Dublin), or if there is only a small venue available and the promoter thinks they can fill it twice. Most of the time I think the promotors can judge what they can sell and choose the venue to fit.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:30 pm

The Dublin venue looks really nice, just the kind of place I like to see Alice play (if it has to be a seated gig).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:07 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:The Dublin venue looks really nice, just the kind of place I like to see Alice play (if it has to be a seated gig).
Alice has played there before and it is nice. It's unseated downstairs though, unlike the rest of the shows.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:The Dublin venue looks really nice, just the kind of place I like to see Alice play (if it has to be a seated gig).
Alice has played there before and it is nice. It's unseated downstairs though, unlike the rest of the shows.
Nice, sounds like the first 100 get into a special 'mosh pit'!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote:
Nice, sounds like the first 100 get into a special 'mosh pit'!
Alice crowds don't really do mosh pits. (In my opinion...thank goodness!)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm

^^^^^^^^^^

Fair point and I actually mis-quoted the website text:

For a standing show, the seats are taken out of the Stalls area. The tickets here are General Admission standing. For most shows, the first 100 or so people in through the doors for standing shows are given VIP wristbands to enter the front of stage pit area

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 am

I would imagine that the paid VIPs will get first dibs on that area, if it's in operation for for the show.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:59 am

Probably!

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Looks promising for those paying standard price for standing ... 'Front row insanity package' offers tickets for front row of the circle area.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:07 pm

I have just published a long blog post about tickets and touts, largely inspired by the Alice fiasco this year and also encompassing the recent Depeche Mode gig in Glasgow - sales for which were handled even worse.

https://embracetheabsurdity.wordpress.c ... -festival/

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:02 pm

jram wrote:I have just published a long blog post about tickets and touts, largely inspired by the Alice fiasco this year and also encompassing the recent Depeche Mode gig in Glasgow - sales for which were handled even worse.

https://embracetheabsurdity.wordpress.c ... -festival/
Well said. Couldn`t agree more. The industry has sucked the joy out of going to shows by their greed (scalping their own tickets, HUGE car parking fees to attend, over priced food/drink) and inability to do a simple job properly.

I could tell you about having to buy TM "platinum" tickets for Wembley (when nothing worth buying went on sale), only to later discover when the receipt arrived that the TM website invisibly redirected you to Birmingham show tickets at the final confirmation page, selling me and others their over priced scalped tickets for the wrong show.
When on the phone to get a refund, we discovered the Wembley site had been "updated", and was now silently redirecting to sell you tickets to the Manchester show!
Pathetic. This is the biggest ticketing company in the world and they can`t do the basic job correctly or honestly.
We got our refund, but only under protest as they "weren't legal obliged" to refund our money after selling us the wrong tickets. What rubbish.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:24 am

Si wrote:Well said. Couldn`t agree more. The industry has sucked the joy out of going to shows by their greed (scalping their own tickets, HUGE car parking fees to attend, over priced food/drink) and inability to do a simple job properly.

I could tell you about having to buy TM "platinum" tickets for Wembley (when nothing worth buying went on sale), only to later discover when the receipt arrived that the TM website invisibly redirected you to Birmingham show tickets at the final confirmation page, selling me and others their over priced scalped tickets for the wrong show.
When on the phone to get a refund, we discovered the Wembley site had been "updated", and was now silently redirecting to sell you tickets to the Manchester show!
Pathetic. This is the biggest ticketing company in the world and they can`t do the basic job correctly or honestly.
We got our refund, but only under protest as they "weren't legal obliged" to refund our money after selling us the wrong tickets. What rubbish.
What an absolute farce. I do not envy you guys doing multiple Alice shows, I only booked one and it was hellish enough. When I was researching what happened to TicketSoup, who were based at the SECC and who I'd always found comparatively reasonable, I found an article about them being taken over by Ticketmaster - and it being a bit of a hoo-ha as TM had previously completely ballsed up the ticketing for the 2014 Commonwealth Games. They are the biggest company, they scalp their own tickets, and they can't do the damn job. Meanwhile, we lose out.