New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alan1958
Killer
Killer

New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Post by alan1958 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:56 am

According to Nights With Alice Cooper , the new album will be out in 2 or 3 months , and Alice is very proud of it ........

Then again , he was also proud of ACAS .......

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 pm

Would this be the new album that will or may include 1 to 3 (or more) songs which are a collaboration(s) with the Original Group?

Ted

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:Would this be the new album that will or may include 1 to 3 (or more) songs which are a collaboration(s) with the Original Group?

Ted

I believe so.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:33 pm

^^ Thanks.
alan1958 wrote:...he was also proud of ACAS .......
Alice is also proud of quite a bit of his solo career, I assume. Go figure.

Ted

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:02 pm

I got nothing against the original group collaborating or even a reunion album but I am totally opposed to the idea of reunion tour for following reasons.

1) Alice's show is mostly based on 1971-1973 material anyway.
2) I saw the videos that appeared two years ago when original group popped up in various Alice Cooper concerts and in that Dennis' book event and they were really sloppy. Even if they tighten their playing a notch or two, I wouldn't go to see them play inferior versions of the songs I would hear anyway. I'm not that nostalgic.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:I got nothing against the original group collaborating or even a reunion album but I am totally opposed to the idea of reunion tour for following reasons.

1) Alice's show is mostly based on 1971-1973 material anyway.
2) I saw the videos that appeared two years ago when original group popped up in various Alice Cooper concerts and in that Dennis' book event and they were really sloppy. Even if they tighten their playing a notch or two, I wouldn't go to see them play inferior versions of the songs I would hear anyway. I'm not that nostalgic.

That is pretty unfair. They had no rehearsal time whatsoever. You cannot compare these off the cuff things with an Alice solo show.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:54 pm

pitkin88 wrote:That is pretty unfair. They had no rehearsal time whatsoever. You cannot compare these off the cuff things with an Alice solo show.
I agree completely. And I'm completely in favour of a full-fledged reunion incl. an entire album featuring the Original Group instead of that 'hybrid reunion' aka W2MN.

And if I might add, some have questioned why MB, DD and NS were on the sequel to WTMN when they weren't even on the original album. I for one can't help but wonder how much better 'Nightmare' could have been if it had been an ACG album in 1975.

Ted

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm not normally one for reunions; 'going back' is often a disappointing anti-climax. However, in AC's case, his live show has been 'back' for well over a decade.

Things have been rinsed & repeated so many times, they're threadbare. So, if it's to be the 'same old, same old', then at least ACG would lend it an authenticity. I'd take sloppy 'real McCoy', over slick Cooper-Trooper. (The 'casuals' won't want it though.)

As for the album, I'd only be interested if it was either a full-blown ACG effort (hardly likely), or something really 'left-field' (even less likely). I've mostly got past caring.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm clearly much more into his solo stuff than you two (Pitkin88 and Ted Sallis) and loved W2MN. So we have differences in taste and preference. I wasn't fully aware how little original group had rehearsal time. So I take some of my statement back. Still it would be disappointing for me to not hear songs from albums like Welcome To My Nightmare, Goes To Hell and Brutal Planet, if reunion tour happened.

I'm pretty much looking forward to buy the next Alice Cooper album. I'm not super excited yet because I haven't heard much details about it. The worst thing he could do is to make Special Forces Part 2. SF is the worst AC album for me. Luckily it is extremely unlikely that upcoming album will have any resemblance with that record. I hope it's a rocking record full of sharp riffs (Alice has said it is "a real riff-rock with not much of a concept") and an adventurous surprise song or two.

I like all eras of Alice Cooper but not every album. I am grateful that he didn't release Hollywood Vampires record under the Alice Cooper banner because that horrible piece of crap might be even worse than Special Forces. I am waiting the next Hollywood Vampires record with mixed feelings. One thing that we probably agree is that Alice should get rid off the covers section and refresh the stage show on upcoming tour.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 pm

i also love alice cooper's solo stuff, W2MN especially.
I don't mind if alice records some songs with the original band (if they are good enough) but i have no interest with him doing a full fledged reunion.
If it is true the album will be out in a couple of months i for one am excited - but with due caution (given the sub par efforts of ACAS eyes and dirty diamonds) I just hope he is in as good a form as W2MN.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:35 pm

A re-union tour is not going to happen unless it is on a very small scale with a few shows here and there or some special one off event. Cooper is booked throughout the year.

Model Citizen
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Model Citizen » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:25 am

The son of Don Quijote wrote:The worst thing he could do is to make Special Forces Part 2. SF is the worst AC album for me. Luckily it is extremely unlikely that upcoming album will have any resemblance with that record. I hope it's a rocking record full of sharp riffs (Alice has said it is "a real riff-rock with not much of a concept") and an adventurous surprise song or two.
See, now I'd totally welcome that! Overall I've enjoyed most everything Coop has done but I'd be all about a bold shift in direction. I could live without another "metal" album. I thought W2MN was a step in the right direction but if he decided to do something real left-field, I say bring it on.

I have a soft spot for those "new wave" records, maybe somewhat because they showed that Alice was still evolving. Even if they ultimately were critical failures, I really appreciated him switching things up.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Saints and sinner, imo, I thought the best tracks by far on W2MN we're the ones that involved the original band

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Ted Sallis wrote: I for one can't help but wonder how much better 'Nightmare' could have been if it had been an ACG album in 1975.
I'm struggling to picture how WTM could have been much better TBH, it's a terrific album.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:I'm struggling to picture how WTM could have been much better TBH, it's a terrific album.
Thanks for your viewpoint - I've stated elsewhere that I have covers of 2 WTMN songs (the title track and OWB) which to me are superior to the genuine versions, which definitely tells me something.

Ted

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:I'm struggling to picture how WTM could have been much better TBH, it's a terrific album.
Thanks for your viewpoint - I've stated elsewhere that I have covers of 2 WTMN songs (the title track and OWB) which to me are superior to the genuine versions, which definitely tells me something.

Ted
Are you saying that you have the AC group doing covers of those two songs? I'm already skeptical of their pedigree. If that's not what you mean, then who's covers are you referring to?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:35 pm

You can't have a classic album without classic songs. On this album, or any album, the most important ingredient are the writers.

The sole reason WTMN is legendary is due to the writing of Alice, Dick Wagner, and Ezrin.

Without Dick Wagner, WTMN would have never existed.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:39 pm

As far as covers of those songs are concerned, whether they are done by members of the original band or any other artist, there would not be a song to cover if it were not for the song writers.

I agree that there are great covers of great songs that outshine the original version of the song, but without the writers there are no songs.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:15 pm

mr.barlow wrote:As far as covers of those songs are concerned, whether they are done by members of the original band or any other artist, there would not be a song to cover if it were not for the song writers.

I agree that there are great covers of great songs that outshine the original version of the song, but without the writers there are no songs.
Jimi Hendrix "All Along The Watchtower" writer Bob Dylan. To drop just a couple of names, maybe we've stumbled on a new topic for Off Topic? :x
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:

Ted
Are you saying that you have the AC group doing covers of those two songs? I'm already skeptical of their pedigree. If that's not what you mean, then who's covers are you referring to?

He is not saying that. He is just referring to someone else covering the songs better than Alice.