Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Edgar Winter North American Tour

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deep-p ... ican-tour/

DEEP PURPLE, ALICE COOPER, THE EDGAR WINTER BAND To Join Forces For North American Tour

Music history will be made when DEEP PURPLE and ALICE COOPER, joined by special guest THE EDGAR WINTER BAND, visit 19 cities across America this summer on an epic rock tour. Produced by Live Nation, the tour will also serve as the "Long Goodbye" tour for DEEP PURPLE, and begins Saturday, August 12 in Las Vegas, with stops in Los Angeles, Boston, including Cooper's hometown of Detroit, and more.

Tickets go on sale Friday, February 3 at LiveNation.com and on the Live Nation app. American Express card members can take advantage of a special pre-sale opportunity beginning on Wednesday, February 1 at 12:00 p.m. local time. On Thursday, February 2 at 10:00 a.m. local time, there will also be pre-sales via LiveNation.com, the Live Nation app and on Facebook.

DEEP PURPLE's studio album, "InFinite", is set for release April 7 via earMUSIC. Produced by the legendary Bob Ezrin, (PINK FLOYD, ALICE COOPER, KISS), "InFinite" features 10 new tracks recorded with no musical boundaries in the spirit of the '70s. The metal pioneers have released five studio albums since 1996, augmented by an abundance of solo work and special projects from members Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Steve Morse and Don Airey. Fans will be thrilled as they cover decades of favorites for this run.

Alice Cooper brings his own brand of rock psycho-drama to fans both old and new. Known as the architect of shock-rock, Cooper has rattled the cages and undermined the authority of generations of guardians of the status quo. Alice's catalog of hits and anthems, including "I'm Eighteen", "No More Mr Nice Guy", "School's Out", "Elected", "Poison", and others, are featured in his live show, along with a mix of newer songs and fan-favorite album cuts. Alice's touring band features the three-guitar attack of Nita Strauss, Tommy Henriksen and Ryan Roxie, backed by longtime bassist Chuck Garric and drummer Glen Sobel.

Edgar Winter has been celebrated across the globe since his 1970 solo debut, "Entrance". With over twenty albums, top hits "Frankenstein" and "Free Ride", and numerous collaborative efforts to his credit, Edgar Winter has not been satisfied to ride the wave of popular music stardom. His music is always evolving and he is a master at stretching his skill and imagination to produce amazing results. He continues to thrill audiences with his live performances, always remaining on the cutting edge of music and style. Edgar is now at the very top of his game, and his future looks even brighter than his past.

Tour dates:

Aug. 12 - The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Las Vegas, Nevada
Aug. 13 - Greek Theatre - Los Angeles, California
Aug. 15 - Ak-Chin Pavilion - Phoenix, Arizona
Aug. 16 - Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Aug. 18 - The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion - Woodlands, Texas
Aug. 19 - Starplex Pavilion - Dallas, Texas
Aug. 23 - Jiffy Lube Live - Bristow, Virginia
Aug. 24 - BB&T Pavilion - Camden, New Jersey
Aug. 26 - Jones Beach Theater - Wantagh, New York
Aug. 27 - Xfinity Center - Mansfield, Massachusetts
Aug. 28 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, New Jersey
Aug. 30 - Klipsch Music Center - Noblesville, Indiana
Sep. 01 - KeyBank Pavilion - Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
Sep. 02 - Budweiser Stage - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Edgar Winter North American T

Post by Si » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 pm

There are more dates then that. Blabbermouth have cut off the last few. See news page.
Tickets on sale at AC.com TODAY apparently.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Does anyone know if this is going to be a double headliner tour (with both Purple and Alice getting equal stage time), or is Alice going to be a 'supporting act' (similar to the Motley Crue tour?)
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:21 pm

suziginajackson wrote:Does anyone know if this is going to be a double headliner tour (with both Purple and Alice getting equal stage time), or is Alice going to be a 'supporting act' (similar to the Motley Crue tour?)
It *looks* like a double headliner going by the advertising, though presumably with AC going on first. Alice seems to like that slot anyway as it puts the pressure on the last bad to follow him (never easy).

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:09 pm

a few years ago (already !) we had Deep Purple headlining, Alice just before them. The difference in stage-act couldn't have been bigger: Alice moved like a youngster :alice: ( and i like Purple too)
This year it is Manson and Alice, not sure which one will be headlining officially...
you really wouldn't understand..

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 pm

This link posted on Nights With Alice Cooper says its co headlining

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-co ... tour-2017/

Alice Cooper and Deep Purple will head out on the road together later this year with special guest the Edgar Winter Band.

The co-headlining tour
is currently scheduled to stop in 19 North American cities, starting in Las Vegas on Aug. 12 and continuing through Sept. 10, when they’re booked for a final date in Cincinnati. Along the way, they’ll travel throughout the U.S. — and make a brief stop in Canada, where they’re set to play Toronto on Sept. 2.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:08 pm

This is a dinosaur tour with DP and EW. Alice can do far better than to tour with these types. For years it seemed management did a good job steering him away from shlockfest tours like this that promise to pigeonhole him as an over the hill artist.

Face value is $116 for Alice and two bands I couldn't care less about. BS.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:17 pm

patrick wrote: This year it is Manson and Alice, not sure which one will be headlining officially...
Alice

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:56 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:This is a dinosaur tour with DP and EW. Alice can do far better than to tour with these types. For years it seemed management did a good job steering him away from shlockfest tours like this that promise to pigeonhole him as an over the hill artist.

Face value is $116 for Alice and two bands I couldn't care less about. BS.

Main reason I decided to settle for 64.00 tickets, the price isnt worth it for me,

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:36 am

Another tour where Alice plays a shorter stripped down set in the daylight :(
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:56 am

sometimes on co-headlining they alternate who goes on first, they might do that this time.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:41 am

killer wolf wrote:sometimes on co-headlining they alternate who goes on first, they might do that this time.
It's always possible, but I think this is probably the same deal as a few previous tours. Alice has shown many times that he is happy to go on first in these scenarios and doesn`t have the same issues with it many bands (and fans) would have.
I'm guessing both bands will have more or less the same stage time and Alice will be able to do whatever he wants during his set.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks for the alert! Just bought my tickets for the Xfinity Mansfield show.

I've seen Alice (including Hollywood Vampires) 6 times since 2008, so the shortened setlist doesn't bother me much, especially since he's sharing the stage with Deep Purple, who I'm stoked to see!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Don't think Alice's set will be shortened on a co headlining tour, it's mainly the fact most of his show will be in the daylight which is annoying,

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:Don't think Alice's set will be shortened on a co headlining tour, it's mainly the fact most of his show will be in the daylight which is annoying,
I'd be surprised if it isn't shortened to 70 minutes instead of 90 minutes. That seems to be the norm for these types of tours.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Same show more money. Vote no with your wallet. It's not like he is going to stop anytime soon.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:14 pm

We got two nice seats for the Chicago show in September. We are absolutely pumped for this. Two all-time classics at one show? You bet. Only an idiot would turn away from that.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

Heard it would be about a 75 min set.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu May 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Dannorama wrote:We got two nice seats for the Chicago show in September. We are absolutely pumped for this. Two all-time classics at one show? You bet. Only an idiot would turn away from that.
I guess I am an idiot. Shorter set and higher price makes this a bad deal. No interest in seeing the other acts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu May 18, 2017 7:07 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Heard it would be about a 75 min set.

Perfect for Michael, Dennis and Neal to do a full show of classics.....Would fit perfectly with DP.... If they were ever going to do a tour, this one would be perfect!