For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour 2017!

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:56 am

We're in the Premier Inn too, good price for the Sunday but the Saturday is much more (we're making a weekend of it).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:02 am

wind_up_toy wrote:We're in the Premier Inn too, good price for the Sunday but the Saturday is much more (we're making a weekend of it).
I'll be in the car in the carpark... in december... :smack:

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:33 am

Si wrote:So done with this.

Just to get this misery over with I went with the Ticketmaster "platinum" aka scalped tickets. £100 each but front row for Brum and Wembley. Now just have to hope they aren`t in front of the speaker stacks where you can't see anything.

I'd say "never again"... but it will happen again.. and again.. unless something gets fixed to make all this illegal.

Done the same as Si. Usually I feel euphoric & ecstatic after the stress of buying Alice tickets. Today I just feel exhausted & sick having shelled out £600 for 3 of us on 2 shows just to have decent seats (I hope). Now to start paying it off so that I can plan for the expense of travel & hotels on top... happy new year!!
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:46 am

Now we need to sift through the rubble and see a bright side. It's there I think, if you squint...

It's seated, so we can hang out before without standing in the raid.
And its AC and the Tubes!!!! At last! Been wanting that to happen for decades.

Now if the Mission would just pull out... ;)
(No offence intended. Like them too, but hope them being there doesn`t cut into the Tubes playing time. Didn`t actually know The Mission still existed!)

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:41 am

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:We're in the Premier Inn too, good price for the Sunday but the Saturday is much more (we're making a weekend of it).
I'll be in the car in the carpark... in december... :smack:
Please tell me that you're joking! You can sleep in our bathroom if you want :-)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:45 am

Just discovered TM's platinum link for Wembley went to Birmingham instead (now its manchester as I write).... never noticed and have 2 for birmingham and still nothing for Wembley...

This is so screwed up it's untrue

jmadsen
Trash
Trash

Post by jmadsen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:03 pm

I wish TM's Platinum showed seat numbers when you buy the tickets :(

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:15 pm

I find it ridiculous that people are having to overspend over £100 plus tickets to sit at the front. Will no doubt become a regular thing now.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Si wrote:Just discovered TM's platinum link for Wembley went to Birmingham instead (now its manchester as I write).... never noticed and have 2 for birmingham and still nothing for Wembley...

At least you'll now get to spend a week on the phone to a premium rate number trying to sort it, with the likely upshot being that it's your problem...

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Si wrote:Just discovered TM's platinum link for Wembley went to Birmingham instead (now its manchester as I write).... never noticed and have 2 for birmingham and still nothing for Wembley...

Mine too!!!!!! I now have 6 for Birmingham & nothing for Wembley!!!!
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Ravenred already knows this but, called TM and got one ticket refunded. Guy checked their site and saw it was still wrong. Just hope they don`t end up canceling both.

Still need Wembley though

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:59 pm

jram wrote:

At least you'll now get to spend a week on the phone to a premium rate number trying to sort it, with the likely upshot being that it's your problem...
Actually it's a local rate number. I was surprised as well haha. Luckily the problem on their site is still there, so they have refunded one.
Fair dues. They've corrected their mistake.
Wonder how many others its caught out though.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:25 pm

jram wrote:
lordcatfish wrote:Just looking on the Event IM presale for Manchester, you can select the seat(s) you want. There's some decent enough ones, eighth row, block C (not too far left of centre) available.
Curiosity got me - just checked the Hydro site again, and suddenly they have a pair of tickets in the 14th row of the front centre block - three rows nearer the stage than they had or offered this morning.

Whole thing's a total swizz
i had a similar thing for Penn & Teller.
- get their presale mail, logged on at 7 seconds past 9AM, nowt to be had: got one decent seat, then when i clicked to go to the confirm/next page it came up saying someone had already taken it.
- go back, see there's a couple of good seats in the middle of a row almost stage-centre, so i click one....and get the charming ****-you message "you've left one seat in the middle of selected seats, please rechoose" - so apparently there's some prejudice going on against singletons.
- give up, write their customer service an angry mail, which still hasn't had a reply, and out of curiousity i try the next day, when the VIP/Platinum sale starts; and get a pretty okay normal price seat.
lessons learned; presales are an effing joke, Hydro doesn't want to cater to anything but couples or groups, and their service sucks sweaty ar$e.

on the topic of seating, i far prefer it. i seemingly always have to travel about 150 miles/3 hours for a show now, and i far prefer knowing i'm going to have a booked place rather than finding myself at the back of a queue and the rear of the hall if traffic etc isn't kind. this also applies if i'm not interested in being there early for support acts. to be honest, very few of the shows i've seen have been standing-only on the floors. Crue was this time, but on the previous tour it was seated [i'm guessing the set up of the Cruecifly had a hand in that change].

so anyways, i'll be there, and at the mo the only thing that will chafe my ar$e will be any one or combination of
same old same old show
multiple covers
extra dates announced later including my home town.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Got tickets secured for glasgow but not without cursing ticket master, my tablet and my girlfriend as the dead centre, front row, first level tickets were taken from me as tm wouldn't accept my card but as soon as I went back in They mysteriously accepted the card and secured seven tickets but more to the side view. TM conning swine. I really miss queuing for hours, or overnight in a sleeping bag. It was all part of the fun! Bah humbug

NikToo
Trash
Trash

Post by NikToo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:50 pm

Got some side seats for me and the kids at Wembley. They'll be 10 and 8 and love Alice Cooper so I'm really excited to be taking them. If their evil cow of a mother lets me...

I was just happening to check Facebook while waiting for a flight and saw an ad from AXS about it. Pure fluke. Actually booked the tickets on my phone from my seat on the plane. Another five minutes and we would have taken off.

I hate Wembley Arena though. It should be levelled to the ground so it can't mess up any more rock concerts ever. I saw Alice there in 2000 or 2001, literally came in the door, turned left and there was my seat. Back row.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:33 pm

You guys should think yourselves lucky,
I have had to shell out £100+ on two pretty poor tickets - all because of bloody seating.
I'm genuinely furious at the whole affair. Just so he can sell more premier ticket bundles.

When did alice change from always wanting to keep costs for tickets down so the kids can all come see him to - fleece them for all they are worth.

I was so excited to see him again and now i just feel robbed.
Dont get me wrong me and my mate will still be head banging away and shouting along at the top of our lungs, but its a bloody disaster.

Very unhappy.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:05 pm

I don't have any inside knowledge of any of this, but I wonder if these changes aren't more a condition of promoters/Live Nation/Ticketmaster? High-priced VIP packages have been the norm for a lot of artists for the past few years, and I wonder if that's because of promoter/venue demands: "You want to play in our venue? There will be VIP packages."

I can certainly see that being the case, or at least a factor.

Hunter

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Strange as overhere in Belgium/Netherlands/Germany we almost never have seated places at rockconcerts. And I'm very glad to have no seated options.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:13 am

SickThings wrote:I don't have any inside knowledge of any of this, but I wonder if these changes aren't more a condition of promoters/Live Nation/Ticketmaster? High-priced VIP packages have been the norm for a lot of artists for the past few years, and I wonder if that's because of promoter/venue demands: "You want to play in our venue? There will be VIP packages."

I can certainly see that being the case, or at least a factor.

Hunter

By VIP are you talking meet and greet/fleece?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:26 pm

I'm talking about high-priced ticket packages for seats in the first few rows. They often include meet and greets, but not always. But I've seen more and more shows that have them. The thing they've had in common: LiveNation-promoted shows in LiveNation venues, usually. The better for LiveNation to profit....

Hunter