Oh yeah--terminate the covers--NOW

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Oh yeah--terminate the covers--NOW

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:50 am

I just saw a clip of the recently added "The World Need Guts" live performance on YouTube. This alone validates everything most people on here have been saying about getting rid of the lame covers in the live show and giving the fans what they are paying to see--Alice Cooper performing Alice Cooper.

Hardcore fans or the casual sap, there is no telling me that a song like this works much better than a tired old Doors crap song or the overplayed and never great in the first place "Pinball Wizard".

Can you imagine what it would be like if he followed it up with Roses On White Lace, Vicious Rumors, or even You're My Temptation.

Alice, please do us all a favor and dump the covers once and for all.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Oh yeah--terminate the covers--NOW

Post by concolz » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:23 am

For whatever reason(s), I think Alice will persevere with the covers.

I would presume that the AC camp's thinking re 'hardcore' fans is that they're fairly irrelevant. Small in number, they may moan, but I suspect the calculation is that most will buy into whatever's dished up; in triplicate.

Hollywood Vampires, rehashed nostalgia sets, 'same old' live albums? Personally, I've no interest in them. Maybe the next AC studio album will be a 'Brutal Planet'-like rejuvenating revelation. We'll see.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Speaking of The World Need Guts, I was really impressed with how good both Alice and the band sounded during the clip I watched. It's great to see Alice doing songs from that era again.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:51 pm

although I must admit to enjoy both HV and (most of ) the covers -perhaps mainly due to the fact that it is Alice- this song and the way he brings is is far more exciting ! That"s Alice again !
thanks for posting it !
you really wouldn't understand..

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:08 pm

"Alice needs guts, remove the covers....".
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Just watched the clip. Excellent!

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:56 pm

del wrote:Just watched the clip. Excellent!
Totally agree :)

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:37 pm

One of my least favorite Alice songs but it sounds good live. Have to agree, would rather hear these songs than covers.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:43 pm

It's an awful song from a dreadful album. The lyrics are cringeworthy.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:16 pm

pitkin88 wrote:It's an awful song from a dreadful album. The lyrics are cringeworthy.
Whatever your opinion, right or wrong, at least Alice is putting a song in the setlist that very few expected.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:56 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:It's an awful song from a dreadful album. The lyrics are cringeworthy.
I agree on all counts. It beats covers in my book but not by a lot. So many other great choices out there. What a pleasant shock it would be to hear a live version of "Pass the Gun Around."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:27 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
Whatever your opinion, right or wrong, at least Alice is putting a song in the setlist that very few expected.

I'd applaud 4 or so unexpected songs but I cant understand the excitement of one.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 pm

finally! its actually a good version too, the band sound excited and into it (who wouldn't be its a classic tune), with a girl who can shred in the band we should get more like this!! about time, bring it to the UK! pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 pm

[quote="pitkin88"][quote="kevinuk81"][quote="pitkin88"]It's an awful song from a dreadful album. The lyrics are cringeworthy.[/quote]

Whatever your opinion, right or wrong, at least Alice is putting a song in the setlist that very few expected.[/quote]

I'd applaud 4 or so unexpected songs but I cant understand the excitement of one.[/quote]

because one is better than none my friend

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:04 pm

There's no pleasing everyone. In fact I am starting to think it's more like there's no pleasing some people.

All the time I have been on this board quite a few people have been bitching and moaning about no surprises in the setlist.

Then we get one. A good version to boot.

But it's the WRONG surprise.

Oh well. Keep it going Alice and the crew!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Get rid of 2 more covers and get Ubangi Stomp and Thrill My Gorilla in the setlist.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Some people need to remember that the 80s period they hate is loved by allot of people (myself included) its a great version they do, thankfully nita is a player that a) can play the fast shredding/intricate stuff and b) judging by her performance wants to play this stuff too
Yeah i would not be happy to hear ubangi stomp or thrill my gorilla, but i'd still be pleased he was playing more stuff and i think its about time he gave more credit to his solo post 75 work, those tracks not withstanding his solo career has been really good and he never gives it enough love.
Also anything that shows the bloomin awful covers section was (hopefully) shrinking is always great news.

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:08 am

I prefer deep cuts to covers every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgy1R23fNU0

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:09 pm

I have watched the clip again quite a few times.

I love the band. Alice is in the position to get a super professional group backing him and while some others are, too, he actually does it. The band goes through so many different styles and ages and I think they get far too little credit.

The band is super talented, everyone of them. Of course this particular song features Nita's talents a bit more, but there are others. And also the rhythm section is always there. But Alice does that doesn't he? He highlights what is great. Nita really is a great shredder no matter if you love the style or not. I am totally enamoured with her obviously. What a player!

It is a a credit to the band but also to the Alice to actually to want to get a great group together.

There has been great musicians in the band before. There have been a breath taking collection of talent of musicians on the records, it's like who is who in the can actually deliver book of music.

But still in the year of 2016 the band can upstage anyone. I am out of words but I think it just speaks volumes of Alice's intelligence as a performer and a professional entertainer to totally deliver year in year out.

Just my opinion of course.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:49 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Get rid of 2 more covers and get Ubangi Stomp and Thrill My Gorilla in the setlist.
Si would be very happy with the first song you mentioned.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...