Sheryl Assaulted by Fan in Huntsville

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Sheryl Assaulted by Fan in Huntsville

Post by Devon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:33 pm

I just saw this on Kyler's Instagram page and this is the kind of thing that infuriates me (if you're reading this Kyler, hope it's okay to pass along.) During the "Elected" portion of the show in Huntsville someone, let's say likely "Poorly Educated," threw a full can of beer at Sheryl, who was playing Hillary Clinton, during the Donald/Hillary fight routine. It hit her square in the eye and she apparently has a goose-egg there now. She didn't have to go to the hospital luckily but I imagine was still a frightening experience. According to Sheryl via Kyler's Instagram, the guy was apparently so drunk he could barely stand up.

A.) If you go to concerts with the sole intention of getting so blasted out of your mind that you can't see straight or remember your own name, you need to get a life or just stay home. You ruins shows for other people around you and can put people in danger. Trust me, NO ONE finds you funny.

B.) Eff this guy! You do NOT assault women. PERIOD.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Re: Sheryl Assaulted by Fan in Huntsville

Post by MrD Returns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Incredible. Mrs D, my son and his GF were there with me. The person who threw the beer was on the other side of the floor from us so I didn't see who threw it but I saw when it hit her. Sheryl to her credit continued on like the trooper she is and they finished the encore. Alice did come to the edge of the stage and with mike in hand asked who threw it while holding the can. Clearly angry and of course I don't blame him. Everyone in the venue was holding their breath and assumed and probably was hoping for some public retribution although Alice did shame the guy. Hopefully security detained this person but I don't know that for sure.
Anyway, hope Sheryl is ok and please don't hold this incident against the rest of us from the show last night. On behalf of all the other fans there and the state of Alabama I apologize.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:46 pm

From the update on the front page, it sounds like she's okay, but there's simply no excuse for that.

There is always a certain quotient of idiots at a rock show and the alcohol usually brings out the worst in them.

Glad Sheryl is okay and she handled it with the same amount of class she always displays.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Sheryl's response is amazing.. how many of us could honestly say they would "hope and pray ... that this individual made it safely home".
Wouldn`t be my first thought, which makes her a far better person then I....

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:38 pm

I can't help wondering if this attack is connected with the ill-advised comments that Donald Trump made to gun owners about Hillary Clinton
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:41 pm

suziginajackson wrote:I can't help wondering if this attack is connected with the ill-advised comments that Donald Trump made to gun owners about Hillary Clinton
You must be a complete idiot!

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Why must I be a complete idiot?

On the same day that Donald Trump hints at the assassination of Hillary Clinton by gun rights supporters, Sheryl (who is dressed as Hillary Clinton) is the victim of an assault by someone who is drunk in the audience

How can anyone not wonder if these incidents are connected?
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:53 pm

suziginajackson wrote:Why must I be a complete idiot?

On the same day that Donald Trump hints at the assassination of Hillary Clinton by gun rights supporters, Sheryl (who is dressed as Hillary Clinton) is the victim of an assault by someone who is drunk in the audience

How can anyone not wonder if these incidents are connected?
How do you know the drunk guy wasn't aiming for the guy dressed as Trump and missed? Hillary has called Trump very "dangerous".

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:55 pm

I wonder if people threw beer cans at the Obama character back in 2008 when Hillary hinted at her wish of his assassination during her campaign against him.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:01 pm

suziginajackson wrote:I can't help wondering if this attack is connected with the ill-advised comments that Donald Trump made to gun owners about Hillary Clinton
Actually I don't think your off the mark. Of course I'm not defending or apologizing for the idiot that threw the beer. I was actually hoping they would scoop him up and put him in the guillotine. But I believe that the attack was aimed at the image of Hillary Clinton more than the performer on stage. The level of vitriolic rhetoric that has been in this campaign has been astounding and perhaps something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. It makes one wonder if it's safe anymore to speak one's mind. Will wearing a Hillary t-shirt get a person shot or a Hillary bumper sticker be ample provocation for a vicious road rage incident?
When a candidate calls for his opponent to be jailed and one of his more avid advisors calls for her execution by firing squad. When the candidate claims he'll pay your legal bills if you punch out a protestor. When that same candidate says, (the same day of the incident with Sheryl) that the 2nd amendment people (meaning gun owners) can stop her. You mix all that together with an idiot with a belly full of beer and this is what happens.
I realize this is probably not the time or place for editorializing but since it concerns the Cooper's and their show it might actually be time to re-think the encore routine just to be on the safe side. This time Sheryl escaped serious harm but maybe next time she won't. Or an attack could even be on the person (I don't know who it is) in the Trump costume. Either way I'd hate to see something worse happen down the road. It actually says a lot about where we are as a nation and it's very frightening.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:07 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
You must be a complete idiot!
Mr Barlow you actually just proved my point. The mere mention of anything negative directed toward Trump and that person is attacked as a "complete idiot".

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:14 pm

Do you realize how stupid you sound? A drunk guy who by Sheryl's account could not even stand throws a beer can and it's Trump's fault. Again--how do you know he was aiming for Hillary? You are very paranoid. Where was your indignation when there was a film praised by the left titled "The Assassination Of George W Bush"? (by the way I hate Bush), or where was your indignation when Hillary hinted in plain language that Obama be assassinated in 2008?

I'm sure Si will delete these comments (and rightly so), but I will say if you want to have your clock cleaned in a political discussion please feel free to contact me. I'm not some unhinged right wing idiot nor am I a person who does nothing but watch Alice on Youtube and obsess and swoon over rock stars. I'll be happy to debate you any time.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:25 pm

And now you call me stupid too. Oh well, I'm not going to get in a pissin' contest with you on an Alice Cooper fan site. Not the place , besides I actually have a life.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:29 pm

MrD Returns wrote:the person (I don't know who it is) in the Trump costume.
That would be Pat.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 pm

I find myself agreeing with Suzy. Trump has whipped up a frenzy of hatred and coupled with alcohol it is not entirely surprising that this has happened.

IMHO they should retire this from the show as it is not worth someone getting seriously hurt. Some of the blame has to go to the venue for selling beer in cans too. Plastic glasses if we need to have booze.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Again--no one has answered my question-- -

How does anyone know that the drunk was actually aiming for Hillary?

It could very well be that the drunk was aiming for Trump and missed or aiming for Alice and missed or just threw the beer can at the stage and hit Sheryl. Can someone show me evidence wherr this clown plotted out to hit the Hillary character? Also, the drunk was never found or apprehended, although I'm sure it would be very easy to find out who he was through survelliance and the fact that his friends will know and I'm sure they will be talking.

I agree with Pitkin in that selling beer in cans is a major mistake. To be honest I didn;t think it was still legal to do so in public venues like theatres and arenas exactly for this reason.

At any rate--if anyone wants to ever debate politics and religion please feel free to contact me privately. It's my sport of choice.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:53 pm

1) I did wonder about a venue that allows beer cans in the audience. Haven`t seen tha tfor a long time.

2) I also wondered if it was some loony drunk Trump supporter. I doubt we'll ever know.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:03 pm

What gets me is this, the idiot who threw the can was too drunk to stand, yet escapes a crowd of however many were there, didn't any fan even attempt to stop him?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 pm

We don't but if I was a betting man I think I'd get better odds he was. If Trump wins we will probably have open carry so a " good guy with a gun " can take care of business.
mr.barlow wrote:Again--no one has answered my question-- -

How does anyone know that the drunk was actually aiming for Hillary?

It could very well be that the drunk was aiming for Trump and missed or aiming for Alice and missed or just threw the beer can at the stage and hit Sheryl. Can someone show me evidence wherr this clown plotted out to hit the Hillary character? Also, the drunk was never found or apprehended, although I'm sure it would be very easy to find out who he was through survelliance and the fact that his friends will know and I'm sure they will be talking.

I agree with Pitkin in that selling beer in cans is a major mistake. To be honest I didn;t think it was still legal to do so in public venues like theatres and arenas exactly for this reason.

At any rate--if anyone wants to ever debate politics and religion please feel free to contact me privately. It's my sport of choice.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Okay, before the political discussion gets out of hand, no matter what the motivation was I think all of us can agree that the action was uncalled for. Even if they were aiming for Pat/Trump, that does not make it right. If you think about it, had Sheryl not been wearing the mask the injury could have been worse!