Cupholders required for every airplane seat

Ban on talking during movies in movie theaters

Ban on taking selfies, except on a designated National Selfie Day

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's Platform

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:04 am

Could this be any more limp or dated? It looks like it was ripped out of a teen magazine from 1975.Peter Sellers and Groucho Marx for god's sake. It's like Alice just woke up from a 70's coma. Honestly it looks like about 30 minutes was spent putting this together.

What does everyone think?

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:16 am

Alice has said that he now is Alice Cooper the villain on stage, but he doesn't let Alice carry over into his daily life anymore like he once did in the 70s heyday, so I think at this point, he should leave the persona for the stage show only. Not all the world should be a stage for the persona. It doesn't have the same appeal that it did when he was in the headlines and every move he made was an attack on the senses.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Yeah it's a bit cringeworthy at this point

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:33 pm

This election in the USA is sizing up to be one of the biggest and most important in our history. Also, it includes two candidates who the majority of Americans don't trust and can't stand.

No matter what side people may be on--Trump or Hillary, you must admit that there will never again be two candidates so perfect for parody, satire and mockery. These two are perfect foils for Alice!

This is why I was so depressed to see him trot out the tired old "running for office" routine. I expected him to chime in on the election and try to get some press out of it, but I thought he and Shep would be much more inventive---and current!

This would be a great time for a new original song with social commentary/satire about this election--and a video to go with it. Can you imagine what he can do visually with the Alice character doing "battle" with Trump and Hillary! With today's technology both a single and video could be produced and marketed rather cheaply. If it goes viral, Alice is selling downloads and getting loads of FREE press and exposure.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:03 pm

I agree with most previous posts.
The whole ` vote for me ` is very old hat these days, after all , whats more boring than politics and religeon
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Baz wrote:I agree with most previous posts.
The whole ` vote for me ` is very old hat these days, after all , whats more boring than politics and religeon
The above press release :)

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:14 pm

I agree, Mr. Barlow. This was a completely missed opportunity, but with that being said, I have about as much faith in the Cooper camp creating something new that's noteworthy and not a waste of my time (after the uselessness of the last two Cooper albums and the Hollywood Vampires) as I do in either Hillary and Trump being good presidents. I am just thankful that the man and his band put on great live performance still, but if he doesn't revamp the show, it's going to be too stale to partake in much longer also.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Fittingly it looks like the picture being used in the Elected poster is from that bad cover art for W2MN. It seems like the cool stuff from the past is being updated with gimmick stuff running on automatic today.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:13 am

Baz wrote:I agree with most previous posts.
With all due respect and I apologize to Si and anyone this offends (Yes I know religion isn't supposed to be discussed here but as a Christian I am obligated), but as a person of faith there is nothing boring about God. There is nothing more important.

As far as the Alice for President thing, Alice is just having fun with the election. Do the masses care about the "Platform?" If it gets Alice's name out there at all, it is a good thing. The bottom line is unless radio starts playing new songs by older artists or an album starts getting massive publicity, there isn't a whole lot Alice can do. Most rock fans and critics stated Alice blew Motley Crue off the stage when they toured together, yet it didn't change the types of venues Alice plays at solo shows and it didn't increase album sales much. My point? Even if this mock campaign was done differently, it would gain Alice any more publicity than he is currently getting. Alice has a good fanbase but while you may pick up a fan here and there, the days of expanding his fanbase are long gone. It is hard for any band these days.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:49 am

I'm not sure what Alice was going for here but it looks like an attempt to sell some tshirts. I'd have no problem if it were well done but this is very poor and looks like it was a last minute thing.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:04 am

cooperrocks wrote: If it gets Alice's name out there at all, it is a good thing.
He was trending on Facebook two separate days, so, that's good.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 am

pitkin88 wrote:I'm not sure what Alice was going for here but it looks like an attempt to sell some tshirts. I'd have no problem if it were well done but this is very poor and looks like it was a last minute thing.
I think that is a little unfair.
I think it was generally a good idea which could have been used well (sell t-shirts and raise profile), but a few things have effected the "campaign".

1. The big announcement on CNN was pre-empted by both world events AND Joe's collapse the night before, which meant info leaked out before any big unveil could really happen.

2. The UK part was pre-empted by the sudden unexpected end to the race to be new prime minister when all but one of the contenders pulled out, leaving a vote redundant (not that the public had a voice it in anyway).

3. The song at the center of it Elected from Alice Does Alice) many already have, it has been available for several years, and is only a download, so there is no incentive to buy it again. They should have done a proper CD and included it only in a campaign pack. That would maybe have made it more desirable.

4. The timing was off in regards touring etc to promote it under the election banner. Firstly because AC is out with the Vampires right now, and secondly because the tour has the "spend the night" title and not an election themed one.

The most successful part so far was probably the facebook banner thing, which I've seen a lot, as NotSoPerfect said, helped make the campaign "trend" on twitter etc. It HAS got a lot of coverage in the rock press and smaller news outlets, but the Joe Perry thing got more so local papers hung pre-show (vampires) publicity around Joe and not Alice's new campaign.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:57 pm

I can't see how any of this warrants a 'big announcement'. It's an already six years-old, inferior remake, of a song/'campaign' that was thrilling 44 years ago, but now comes across as desperate, dad-rock, baloney.

It would at least have been a tad more relevant to base the current live set around an election theme, instead of 'RTD' rejigged; calling it, say, the 'Vote For Trooper Cooper' tour. AC could have written a new set of lyrics for 'Elected', featured a slew of his more 'political' songs (amidst the 'hits'), wheeled out the electric chair, added a few new 'presidential' props etc. etc. (It could even have all been tied in with the release of, gasp, a brand new album.) Just saying.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:20 pm

He could have done Another Brick In Trumps Wall.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:34 pm

pitkin88 wrote:He could have done Another Brick In Trumps Wall.
He could also do: "Pocket That Money (Hillary's Song)".

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:He could have done Another Brick In Trumps Wall.
He could also do: "Pocket That Money (Hillary's Song)".

Touche :nono:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:11 pm

I Never Wrote That Speech.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm Your Gun Control

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:59 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I Never Wrote That Speech.
Touche back at you! :)