Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Spend Your Night With Alice Cooper Tour!

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:25 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:Yeah I did not mention Orgasmatron because of its lyrics... I mean, he doesn't sing Bed of Nails, Imagine Orgasmatron hahaha
Orgasmatron isn't remotely similar to BoN
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:02 am

killer wolf wrote:
Lucius Morthem wrote:Yeah I did not mention Orgasmatron because of its lyrics... I mean, he doesn't sing Bed of Nails, Imagine Orgasmatron hahaha
Orgasmatron isn't remotely similar to BoN
No it isn`t.

I would say he wouldn`t do Orgasmatron because:
1) He's possibly has even never really heard it
2) It's not widely familiar outside Motorhead fanbase
3) The first verse!!!!

I am the one, orgasmatron the outstretched grasping hand
My image is of agony, my servants rape the land
Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain
Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

That is exactly what I was talking about... The first beautiful verse :) (I love that song to be honest)

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:40 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:As Alice is headlining it has to be a full show especially when you consider he was announced a good few months before Blackberry Smoke and The Darkness were added.
That in and of itself doesn't guarantee a full show. I saw him at a festival here last year, where the headliners every night were slotted for a max of 75 min. And they were told if anything happened earlier in the day, to cause them to have to start late, it was taken out of the headliners time. That second part is ridiculous to me. Cut one of the earlier bands shorter (or multiples by 1 song or 2, if the issue happens very early) if there are issues, to try and preserve the headliner's time!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:13 am

Something about Saturday gigs that attract the drunken morons. Constantly pushing and causing trouble.

Didn't feel the Stone Free festival at the O2 was particularly well organised with Blackberry Smoke turning up late and not having time to soundcheck meant that Apocalyptica overran meaning a slightly shorter set for the Darkness. Luckily this didn't cut into Alice's set. The Darkness looked pretty annoyed and had a pop at Apocalyptica for actually playing a longer set than they were entitled to.

Apart from that I've got to say when Alice hit the stage there was no stopping the band! When I saw the set it did feel very samey to last the tour but I've got to say I feel it was mixed up well. Public Animal and Long Way To Go were awesome and it was great to see Guilty and Woman OMD back in. I'd also have to say I felt the covers were stronger than last years show with Pinball Wizard and Suffragette City particular highlights.
Band was on top form per usual and Alice at the top of his game.
Lets hope for a UK tour sooner rather than later. :rock:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:47 am

bigbradwolf wrote: Apart from that I've got to say when Alice hit the stage there was no stopping the band! When I saw the set it did feel very samey to last the tour but I've got to say I feel it was mixed up well. Public Animal and Long Way To Go were awesome and it was great to see Guilty and Woman OMD back in. I'd also have to say I felt the covers were stronger than last years show with Pinball Wizard and Suffragette City particular highlights.
Completely agree. The band were on top form last night and the covers were much better, and seemed shorter, this time around. Was great to hear the chants for "Lemmy" after Ace of Spades. This is London after all.

I heard a lot of people had issues with the organisation, but must say I didn`t have any real problems. The non-existent meet and greet tickets were a mess though. Some people at the replacement "interview" were justifiably not happy. It seemed they didn't even know it wasn't happening until they arrived. Good on Alice for staying there as long as he could to sign stuff etc. What else could he do, it was out of his hands as the promoters apparently never asked him!

What really got me was that I met quite a few people who had paid £2.50 for tickets directly from 02, and even a few who got them for free to try and fill the venue (which as pretty full). THAT is a real scam. £80 I paid including fees, and to find such a large number of people got in for almost nothing just takes the piss.

btw my photos are up in the photo section for those interested.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 am

Si wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote: Apart from that I've got to say when Alice hit the stage there was no stopping the band! When I saw the set it did feel very samey to last the tour but I've got to say I feel it was mixed up well. Public Animal and Long Way To Go were awesome and it was great to see Guilty and Woman OMD back in. I'd also have to say I felt the covers were stronger than last years show with Pinball Wizard and Suffragette City particular highlights.
Completely agree. The band were on top form last night and the covers were much better, and seemed shorter, this time around. Was great to hear the chants for "Lemmy" after Ace of Spades. This is London after all.

I heard a lot of people had issues with the organisation, but must say I didn`t have any real problems. The non-existent meet and greet tickets were a mess though. Some people at the replacement "interview" were justifiably not happy. It seemed they didn't even know it wasn't happening until they arrived. Good on Alice for staying there as long as he could to sign stuff etc. What else could he do, it was out of his hands as the promoters apparently never asked him!

What really got me was that I met quite a few people who had paid £2.50 for tickets directly from 02, and even a few who got them for free to try and fill the venue (which as pretty full). THAT is a real scam. £80 I paid including fees, and to find such a large number of people got in for almost nothing just takes the piss.

btw my photos are up in the photo section for those interested.
Just sums up the festival in general. if there is any hard evidence that people got in for that amount then that is absolutely disgusting and should be took up with O2 and the organisers.
The line up didn't even correspond. Blackberry Smoke with their soft country rock, Apocalyptica who kept asking the question 'who likes metal'? and then the Darkness and Alice which were the only two bands who made sense on the bill.
Why not get some bands on the bill who play classic rock n roll.
Why they would expect anybody to pay for the whole weekend is even more mind boggling. Rick Wakeman and Marillion on the same bill as Alice Cooper and The Darkness. Didn't get that one!
The other issue I had was the fact that other bands were advertised on the bill when in fact they were free to watch for anyone. If a big Michael Monroe fan was swayed to buy the over extorted ticket based on the fact that he kind of likes Alice but Monroe meant they had to go they would have spent £80 plus on their ticket when in fact to see Monroe it shouldn't have cost them a penny.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:43 am

bigbradwolf wrote: Just sums up the festival in general. if there is any hard evidence that people got in for that amount then that is absolutely disgusting and should be took up with O2 and the organisers.
I saw one guys receipt stating £2.50 per ticket.
bigbradwolf wrote: The line up didn't even correspond. Blackberry Smoke with their soft country rock, Apocalyptica who kept asking the question 'who likes metal'? and then the Darkness and Alice which were the only two bands who made sense on the bill.
Why not get some bands on the bill who play classic rock n roll.
Why they would expect anybody to pay for the whole weekend is even more mind boggling. Rick Wakeman and Marillion on the same bill as Alice Cooper and The Darkness. Didn't get that one!
Well it was really just a a big event gig, not really a festival, and to be fair it was clear that one day was rock and the other prog. Peronally I was disappointed Alice did headline the Sunday bill haha. For me it was much better then Saturdays.
bigbradwolf wrote: The other issue I had was the fact that other bands were advertised on the bill when in fact they were free to watch for anyone.
I thought you had to have a festival ticket to get in and they checked it on the door?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:04 pm

LOL, where was Michael Monroe?

Busking outside the tube station?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:19 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:LOL, where was Michael Monroe?

He played in the Indego, a smaller club in the 02 complex, where there were bands during the afternoon before the main arena opened up at 4.30.
There was also a stage in the main entrance for small bands who played in the afternoon as well. That stage was open to anyone/everyone.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:LOL, where was Michael Monroe?

He played in the Indego, a smaller club in the 02 complex, where there were bands during the afternoon before the main arena opened up at 4.30.
There was also a stage in the main entrance for small bands who played in the afternoon as well. That stage was open to anyone/everyone.
Thanks Si.

Well it sounds like a pretty cool event, and as much as I love standing at the front of an Alice show, it's nice to have a more relaxed day where you know you're guaranteed a seat somewhere.

I've said it before but Monroe and Alice are a great double act and I hope they tour together again in the near future.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Si wrote:btw my photos are up in the photo section for those interested.
Thanks! :)

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:08 am

I've heard rumour that, since the European leg of the tour started, the umbrella title of 'Spend The Night With Alice Cooper' has been changed to 'The Wild Party'

Does anyone know if this is true or not?
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:38 am

suziginajackson wrote:I've heard rumour that, since the European leg of the tour started, the umbrella title of 'Spend The Night With Alice Cooper' has been changed to 'The Wild Party'

Does anyone know if this is true or not?
Not that I've seen anywhere.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:55 pm

Just came back from Tilburg...Great show, one of the best I've seen so far....if you have a chance just go ..http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/ ... c5ddkb.jpg

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:45 am

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Saturday was my first Alice show since 2009 (not sure why it's been so long, life gets in the way I guess). I thought it was brilliant. "Long Way to Go" and "Public Animal #9" were both welcome surprises, the latter in particular I thought was very well done. "Halo of Flies" was jaw dropping, definitely one of the best live songs I've had the pleasure of seeing. I wasn't overly enamoured with the covers section still being played, but it was enjoyable enough. Definitely think it could be shortened into a medley though.

BTW Si, "Is It My Body" isn't listed in the setlist section and I'm fairly certain it was played (might've been 4th or 5th in the set).

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:19 pm

lordcatfish wrote:BTW Si, "Is It My Body" isn't listed in the setlist section and
I'm fairly certain it was played (might've been 4th or 5th in the set).
Opps, well spotted. Yes it was after PA#9.
As I have Nita's setlist from the stage, I should really have double checked that haha

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:12 am

saw Alice yesterday in Brussels.
great show, pa#9, HOF, Guilty were my favourite less played songs, but Woman of mass distraction did very well live too.
No Is it my body here, but a very enjoyable cover section with Pinball Wizard, Fire, Ace of Spade and Sufragette City.
Alice in great shape, again.
Had a little bit of doubt after seeing the Raise the dead show several times, but very happy I went to see him again! Pity the snake wasn't there..
you really wouldn't understand..

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:32 am

some reviews and pictures
http://focus.knack.be/entertainment/muz ... l#cxrecs_s
excellent pictures
reviewer gives 4 out of 5 stars !
you really wouldn't understand..