Alice's Facebook Page

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jram
Killer
Killer

Alice's Facebook Page

Post by jram » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:04 am

Seriously, though, how much clickbait do we need to suffer, and is there a reason Alice is allowing his legacy to be so consistently undermined with all this nonsense?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's Facebook Page

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:19 am

What are you talking about?

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:05 am

jram wrote:Seriously, though, how much clickbait do we need to suffer, and is there a reason Alice is allowing his legacy to be so consistently undermined with all this nonsense?

I agree its just rubbish and really turned me off .

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:39 pm

pitkin88 wrote:What are you talking about?
Follow his (the page's) posts for a week and you'll soon see.

Articles like: "These Soldiers Thought They Were Done For - But Then One Of Them Pulled Out A Tootsie Roll"
or
"That Time The CIA Subjected Americans To Surprise Acid Trips"
or
"New Photo Series Makes Getting 'Wine Drunk' On 1, 2, And 3 Glasses Look Cute."

Those have all been posted in the past four days, with plenty other crap too.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:59 pm

I was wondering how long it would take before someone was driven so far up the wall by the Facebook posts that they complained about it on here. I know the simple answer is that if you don't like it unfollow the page, but it's not so easy when people still want to see the odd gem or get an interesting piece of news from him.

We all know of his self-confessed addictive personality, so maybe these clickbait sites are the new thing he's hooked on. There's no problem with that, but I think he should seriously consider how much of this (mainly) dross he's going to direct at his followers many times a day.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:18 pm

From VinceRaven:
"it's not so easy when people still want to see the odd gem or get an interesting piece of news from him."

You can get that from Twitter or his site though or even (and here's a shocking concept) this site as well. I don't follow the Facebook page for the same reason you and the others have stated. Who cares about Facebook anyway? The whole case for it (and social media in general) is exaggerated.

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sickthing » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:58 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: "Who cares about Facebook anyway? The whole case for it (and social media in general) is exaggerated.
The fact that you don't Facebook doesn't mean that a board user asking a valid question should receive condescending replies (perhaps another shocking concept).
A_MichaelUK wrote:
You can get that from Twitter
Some people may not care for Twitter same way others don't care for Facebook (another shocking concept, no doubt!).

All other artists I follow use FB to post news, pictures and other interesting tidbits. I've also wondered at times why that is (generally) not the same for AC.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Who actually puts the posts on the Facebook page? Is Alice finally using the internet? Or is someone else posting on his behalf?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:01 pm

From Sickthing:
"The fact that you don't Facebook doesn't mean that a board user asking a valid question should receive condescending replies (perhaps another shocking concept)."

How is that "condescending"? I was attacking Facebook, not the person I was replying to.

>Some people may not care for Twitter same way others don't care for Facebook (another shocking concept, no doubt!).

I don't disagree. That is why I said the case for social media is exaggerrated.

>All other artists I follow use FB to post news, pictures and other interesting tidbits. I've also wondered at times why that is (generally) not the same for AC.

Well, as you know, Alice himself is not active online and besides that stuff you're referring to is generally there (or was when I looked at it). The problem, as has been pointed out, is that it's there alongside too much of all the other garbage on the page.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:40 pm

I simply unliked the page some months back.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:33 pm

From While Heaven Wept:
"I simply unliked the page some months back."

Exactly. That would be the obvious solution.

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sickthing » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:52 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:
How is that "condescending"? I was attacking Facebook, not the person I was replying to.
I was referring to this but quoted the wrong part
A_MichaelUK wrote: "You can get that from Twitter or his site though or even (and here's a shocking concept) this site as well."
A_MichaelUK wrote: Well, as you know, Alice himself is not active online and besides that stuff you're referring to is generally there (or was when I looked at it). The problem, as has been pointed out, is that it's there alongside too much of all the other garbage on the page.
Exactly. I don't see other artists having that on their page. Agreed that unfollowing is the way to go but it's a pity that the medium is not put to better use, for whatever that is worth.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:11 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From While Heaven Wept:
"I simply unliked the page some months back."

Exactly. That would be the obvious solution.
Unless you think you might miss something by doing so.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:13 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Who actually puts the posts on the Facebook page? Is Alice finally using the internet? Or is someone else posting on his behalf?

I don't think it matters. It's Alice's name on the page so he is endorsing it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:30 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Who actually puts the posts on the Facebook page? Is Alice finally using the internet? Or is someone else posting on his behalf?
I don't think it matters. It's Alice's name on the page so he is endorsing it.
Could this be a first? I agree with Pitkin on his last two posts!!! I may need to lay down.

He's right though, I stay subscribed as nowadays new info appears all over the place and don`t what to miss something important.
And he's right that the bottom line is many people on facebook do seem to believe it's Alice posting everything on the page. They believe they are taking with Alice himself.

I stood behind a young girl at the Birmingham show last year listening to her saying to her friends how she had been having a conversation with Alice about cupcakes on some social media place I'd barely heard of (not facebook/twitter). She KNEW it was Alice replying to her. I didn`t have the heart to point out it likely wasn`t.
Generally I think, as long as the person posting is authorised to do so in Alice's name it doesn`t really matter if people believe it's him or not.

The problem starts when the stuff being posted simply doesn`t have any connection to Alice. It often seems to be what someone *thinks* Alice fans would be interested in. I think that sort of stuff (creepy houses/weird illnesses etc) should be stuck on a NWAC page (AC talks about such weird stuff on the radio show), not the official Alice feed. The two things serve a different purpose and audience.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:12 pm

The people that believe that they are talking to Alice on FB or any other social media platform are the same ones who believe that he sleeps in a coffin, has a houseful of snakes and that he played volleyball with Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Judy Garland while Mama Cass ate a ham sandwich.

I think the Facebook page is a case of management hiring a company that runs social media content for others.

Attention Shep: Do a Donald Trump and fire them---NOW!

It's an embarrasement to Alice and is really irritating a lot of people--me included. I very rarely bitch too much about business decisions made by Alice and management as usually there is a lot more to them then we'll ever know. But...this one is just horrible.

A lot of us old farts aren't too hip to social media--but to the younger fans it's their way of life. They deserve much more than clickbait nonsense.

Give them ALICE!

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:41 pm

I have no source on this, but I could have sworn there was a discussion somewhere (here? an interview? maybe even the FB page itself?) where someone mentioned it was him. I would find it really strange that he's paying someone to be posting that kind of stuff.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Alice explains why - supposedly. http://goo.gl/ysnLFZ

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:58 pm

concolz wrote:Alice explains why - supposedly. http://goo.gl/ysnLFZ
He often tells a convincing story about chickens too!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Spiner202 wrote:I have no source on this, but I could have sworn there was a discussion somewhere (here? an interview? maybe even the FB page itself?) where someone mentioned it was him. I would find it really strange that he's paying someone to be posting that kind of stuff.
I'm pretty sure that it generates income FOR Alice. They pay a company to run the service but Alice would make money based on the amount of clicks the bait generates. It's all about web advertising.

I could be completely wrong, but when there is money to be made--Shep will usually find a way to make it.

I'm not saying Alice does not have any input, but knowing Alice's past disdain for the internet, I find a total immersion in running his Facebook page to be as believable as the ouija board story.