What Was The First Alice Cooper Album and Single You Bought?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

What Was The First Alice Cooper Album and Single You Bought?

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Mine was School's Out 45 and then the album in 72. I got Killer and LITD that Xmas.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Re: What Was The First Alice Cooper Album and Single You Bou

Post by concolz » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Like you, it was the 'School's Out' single and album, in July 1972. Some weeks later - armed with all the proceeds from my before & after-school paper rounds - I bought 'Killer' and 'LITD'. What a wonderful time that was.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:58 am

First album I bought was From the Inside from a cutout bin $2.50 usd I believe 1980 . I never really bought any singles until one day I was at a thrift store sometime in the early 80s and I found the How You Gonna See Me Now single. I bought it because of the B side song No Tricks which I had never heard before.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:45 am

Welcome To My Nightmare. This was followed up by Go To Hell I do believe (Both from F.Y.E.) and then got Brutal Planet, Trash, Constrictor and I think one other A.C. album from The Exchange about a month later.

Now just need to get PFY, EA, FTI, SF, ZCS, and RYF. I'm getting there... :alice:

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:10 am

The first album I ever bought was a second hand copy of Welcome To My Nightmare, not just the first AC album but my first ever music related purchase. I have never bought any singles in any format, be it vinyl, CD or digital.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:37 am

The first ever cassette I bought was Trash. The first ever CD I bought was Killer and the first ever vinyl Lp I got was Billion Dollar Babies from a long since closed second hand record store down a back road in Cambridge. All Alice. I can't remember the first single.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:31 pm

1st 45 was Teenage Lament '74/Hard Hearted Alice when I was Thirteen! I then followed with Muscle of Love LP for my 14th Birthday. Proceeded to go backwards from there until WTMN & now all albums since. :clap: :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:09 pm

I was 6 years old and I got Constrictor as my first vinyl. My first cassette was RYFAY and first cd was Fistful of Alice. Single I guess was Keeping Halloween Alive.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Paulimo
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Paulimo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:33 pm

School's Out single after seeing them on TOTP, then the LP that Christmas. Start of an exhilarating journey. Until the poodle- rock period.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:06 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I was 6 years old and I got Constrictor as my first vinyl. My first cassette was RYFAY and first cd was Fistful of Alice. Single I guess was Keeping Halloween Alive.

Six years old!!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:1st 45 was Teenage Lament '74/Hard Hearted Alice when I was Thirteen! I then followed with Muscle of Love LP for my 14th Birthday. Proceeded to go backwards from there until WTMN & now all albums since. :clap: :rock:

I sent off some coupons on the back of, I think, crisp packets. They promised a free single in the mail. To my amazement I got a German copy with PS of Teenage Lament!!

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:26 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:I was 6 years old and I got Constrictor as my first vinyl. My first cassette was RYFAY and first cd was Fistful of Alice. Single I guess was Keeping Halloween Alive.

Six years old!!
I grew up in a very rock driven household...my parents LOVED classic rock and dad was a huge Sick Thing. As someone who had started watching horror movies at 5, I remember loving the He's Back video as well as Jason Lives so dad got me a copy of Constrictor to play on my "Montgomery Moose and the Get-Along-Gang" record player LOL.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:32 pm

"School's Out" on 45 when I was a lad of just 9 years old in 1972.

I still have it to this day and even had it signed by Alice after a show a couple of years ago.

:alice:
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:40 am

My 1st AC album was Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits which I got for Christmas 1982. I have never bought any AC/G singles.

Ted

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:22 am

The first album was "The Alice Cooper Show" which was quickly followed by "Special Forces" just after it was released. I was a teenager and had heard of Alice Cooper and was familiar with the song "School's Out" and WTMN but really came to know Alice as the 1981 incarnation.

Like I said in a previous thread I feel very lucky to have discovered him when I did as the "classic" image never overshadowed his then current work and character. I came to LOVE Alice because of that look and that album. It was so damn original and so damn different than anything that was going on at the time. To me, 1981 Alice is what an Alice Cooper should look and act like. To this day 1980-1983 Alice is my favorite period. Those albums are vastly underrated--especially Special Forces. The main problem being--the old fans never gave them--or Alice--a chance when he experimented and tried new things. The problem persists to this day. Check this board--it's always we want more horror!

I was never much of a singles buyer, only to add to my Alice collection. I usually bought them through collector magazines like Goldmine. But, I think the first one I bought upon release in a record store was "He's Back".

I just read somewhere where Nita stated there is going to be a major revamp of the setlist on the upcoming tour. I'm hoping that Alice finally will give a well deserved nod to those albums and include songs from them in the set. I know it was a painful time in his career but I'm sure he knows that they contains some great music and that they have attained a cult status among the fans.

1981 was the closest Alice ever came to capturing the energy of the original band. I would say he surpassed it. Those live shows were just insane. It nearly killed him--but it gave us some of the best Alice ever!

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:19 pm

The original GREATEST HITS on cassette, then KILLER on vinyl shortly afterwards.
First CD was SCHOOL'S OUT.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:41 pm

First album bought was Welcome To My Nightmare. My favorite period of Alice though is from Hey Stoopid thru Dragontown. Love all of those albums. I never bought singles.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:36 pm

The first 3 songs i heard of alice were "elected", "schools out" and "Poison"

This was back in 1994
This led me to buy trash as it included "poison" which, for my money is the best Single ever.
I loved and continue to love trash. Its a great album which gets unfairly slated.

I then went back and forth from there, one from the past (i believe billion dollar babies was my second) then Heystoopid and trash, then killer and welcome to my nightmare etc.

I think my worst experience was buying Lace and whiskey one week then special forces and Nobody likes me the following week (this was before i knew about the infamous bootleg shows) to say i was crushingly disappointed by the three of them would be an understatement. hahaha

My fave experience was buying raise your fist and yell on summer holiday and i had to wait a whole week to hear it as we didnt have a CD player on holiday. What an album, well worth the wait and still one of my all time fave alice albums.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:28 am

My twin, a mod, borrowed 'greatest hits' from a friend. He hated it, I loved it, his friend never got it back! The first brand new release I bought was zipper catches skin, which I loved.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:10 am

never bought singles .
first album I got was BDB , second LITD and third Schooldays, which I still find to have the best cover ever.. Then each and every album, thankfull that Alice is still around.
Lace and Whiskey was a deception, although it has a few good tracks imo.
if the question on this thread would have been : if you had to keep only one single album... it probably would be my first one (' BDB) ..
you really wouldn't understand..