1995 Monsters Of Rock (toured with Ozzy)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sumorider
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

1995 Monsters Of Rock (toured with Ozzy)

Post by sumorider » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:42 am

There is 1995 Monsters Of Rock footage on Youtube.
I'm surprised that Alice was very good onstage,
because I remember Ozzy Osbourne once spoke badly of this Alice's show
(see link below).

I don't know why Ozzy said so bad things about Alice (with Manson)
It still embarrass me.
By the way, in mid-80's, it was not unusual that Ozzy was screw-up on stage.

http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Intervie ... itar_World

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: 1995 Monsters Of Rock (toured with Ozzy)

Post by Devon » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:49 am

sumorider wrote:There is 1995 Monsters Of Rock footage on Youtube.
(see link below).

It still embarrass me.

That's all okay. Karma got to Ozzy, because the world ended up laughing at him only a few years later when "The Osbournes" debuted and saw how "sad" he had gotten in his drug and alcohol induced ways.

It's rather ironic, Ozzy slammed Alice's show for being "Vaudeville" when Alice openly brags about how "Vaudeville" his show is.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:01 am

Devon wrote:
sumorider wrote:There is 1995 Monsters Of Rock footage on Youtube.
(see link below).

It still embarrass me.

That's all okay. Karma got to Ozzy, because the world ended up laughing at him only a few years later when "The Osbournes" debuted and saw how "sad" he had gotten in his drug and alcohol induced ways.

It's rather ironic, Ozzy slammed Alice's show for being "Vaudeville" when Alice openly brags about how "Vaudeville" his show is.

Laughing with Ozzy. The Osbournes was brilliant. Sorry someone dissed your hero.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 am

Thought Ozzy's comment re Alice "You can't change horses in midstream" was funny and he may be correct in that when the fans saw Alice going mainstream in the mid 70s they deserted. One can also argue that this was Alice growing up and treating his audience as Adults (i.e. not pretending to be a wild rock star/antichrist offstage). Rock fans generally aren't adults when listening to their favourite rock stars. We get pulled into a pretend world but its pretty healthy to realise it is make believe and say go and play our favourite sport (in Alice's case Golf) . Alice has for years shown the distinction between private and on stage. Seems mentally healthier to me but isn't perhaps as exciting for the sensation seeking rock fan.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:09 pm

I saw Ozzy at the Glasgow Apollo on the diary of a madman tour. I was a huge Ozzy fan at the time but he was appalling live. It was the first time I had went to a gig and been so disappointed. Before the gig we had went to an album signing and he was just a rude, uninterested nasty little man. Alice would blow him off the stage with one of his farts.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:20 pm

dadascot wrote:I saw Ozzy at the Glasgow Apollo on the diary of a madman tour. I was a huge Ozzy fan at the time but he was appalling live. It was the first time I had went to a gig and been so disappointed. Before the gig we had went to an album signing and he was just a rude, uninterested nasty little man. Alice would blow him off the stage with one of his farts.

Ozzy blown off stage cmon. I'm not a fan but he is a great front man.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:45 pm

I like the line about the follow-up album.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:45 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Laughing at Ozzy.
Correct.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:01 pm

I went to an Ozzy show in 1995 or 1996 and he was an absolute embarrassment. The man CAN NOT sing at all. His voice was completely shot and to say he was off key would be a compliment. He was so bad I left half-way through the show. It was by far the worst concert I've ever attended and I have seen some pretty horrible shows in my day.

His band was excellent and I'm sure they were being paid well to back up this walking disaster.

Now when it comes to Ozzy the songwriter, it is now become common knowledge that going back to the beginnings of Black Sabbath, that Ozzy has written very little of his own lyrics yet takes credit for writing nearly all of them. Geezer did the bulk of them for Black Sabbath and Bob Daisley wrote the lyrics to every classic solo Ozzy song--namely the first two classic albums of Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman.

Ozzy and his shrew of a wife have been know and proven to screw over his band members, songwriters and everyone they come in contact with. Bob Dailey and Lee Kerslake got the biggest of all time by these two degenerate pukes. Jake E Lee got a healthy dose as did nearly everyone he ever worked with.

Most recently they gave a another royal dose of screwing to Bill Ward.

Now lets look at Alice.

Bob Dylan was quoted as saying Alice was one of the most underated lyricists in rock n roll. Alice writes his own material, and in the case when he does not, he gives proper credit to those who do.

He is a beloved celebrity both loved and respected by his peers and fans alike. Talk to anyone who has ever played in any of his touring bands throughout the last 40 years and you will find that they all loved working with and playing for Alice. Alice also treated them fairly, paid them well, gave them credit for his continued success and most of all showed them and treated them with kindness and respect.

Ozzy has been a broken down fraud for the last 30 years. He is like a ventriloquist dummy being controlled by his nasty, greedy wife Sharon. He is a mush head. Always has been.

Sharon and Ozzy may have a ton of money but it was made on the backs and talents of others with lies, deceit, greed and outright fraud. They are horrible people.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:22 pm

If I can get a ticket for the Black Sabbath farewell tour next year, I am going, if Alice continues with the same tour, I am not.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Sharon is a bitch because she is a woman and Ozzy is beloved. For better or worse The Osbournes revoultionised tv reality shows.

Some of the best television shows on Howard Stern have been with Ozzy. He is a lovable bloke. i'd rather watch an Ozzy interview than an Alice one where we keep hearing the same old stuff.

A lot of jealousy here as Ozzy is by FAR the more successful of the two.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:51 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Sharon is a bitch because she is a woman and Ozzy is beloved. For better or worse The Osbournes revoultionised tv reality shows.

Some of the best television shows on Howard Stern have been with Ozzy. He is a lovable bloke. i'd rather watch an Ozzy interview than an Alice one where we keep hearing the same old stuff.

A lot of jealousy here as Ozzy is by FAR the more successful of the two.
I agree completely. I give The Osbournes Tv Show credit for basically starting the whole train wreck reality tv genre. It was original and a pretty good show.

Sharon is not a bitch because she is a woman. She is just an awful human being. She is one of the worst examples of humanity on the planet. Just ask anyone who has worked professionally with Ozzy and who has suffered professionally, financially and personally because of her lies, greed, deceptions and hatefulness. I would suggest picking up Bob Daisley's recent book on the subject or better yet talk to Bob via Facebook. He is a very nice guy who is one of the few people who will speak publicly about the horrors of Sharon Osbourne. I think as time passes more of the truth about her and Ozzy will be made public.

Ozzy is a loveable bloke and seems like a really nice guy. All of those who know him or have worked with him say the same thing. They also say it's disgusting the way Sharon has used him to rip-off everybody who has ever worked with him. It's pathological.

I have been told many stories from a few musicians who have played with Ozzy. These were told in confidence and are just awful and very sad. She has gone out of her way to steal bth money and credit from people who were instrumental in Ozzy's success.

The first two Ozzy albums were recorded when Ozzy was nearly incapacitated from drugs and alcohol. His input on the writing of those albums was almost non-existent. I think the only main contribution he made to the entire album was the first line to Suicide Solution. That's it.

If Randy Rhodes didn't get killed he too would have become another casualty of Sharon. Since his death he has become so beloved that Sharon pulls her punches with dealing with his heirs. BUT...someday the truth will come out about how she has screwed them over the years too--and it won't be long until it's made public.

Again--Ozzy is a loveable bloke who has brain damage from booze and drugs. he is a nice guy who is the puppet and meal ticket for an evil, nasty, vindictive woman.

From what I understand Bob Daisley's book has given courage to others to start speaking out. I would expect a steady flow over the next few years.

By all accounts I would say Alice has made out much better in life than Ozzy. I'm sure he takes one look at Sharon Osbourne and thanks God he fell in love with Sheryl. I'm sure he looks at Ozzy fumbling around likely with a load of shi* in his pants and thanks God he sobered up for good. I'm sure when he looks at his royalty statements he knows that the money he is making is because of the lyrics he wrote instead of stealing the money and the credit from someone else.

Over all--I'd say Alice is the winner by a longshot.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

mr.barlow wrote:I went to an Ozzy show in 1995 or 1996 and he was an absolute embarrassment. The man CAN NOT sing at all. His voice was completely shot and to say he was off key would be a compliment. He was so bad I left half-way through the show. It was by far the worst concert I've ever attended and I have seen some pretty horrible shows in my day.

His band was excellent and I'm sure they were being paid well to back up this walking disaster.

Now when it comes to Ozzy the songwriter, it is now become common knowledge that going back to the beginnings of Black Sabbath, that Ozzy has written very little of his own lyrics yet takes credit for writing nearly all of them. Geezer did the bulk of them for Black Sabbath and Bob Daisley wrote the lyrics to every classic solo Ozzy song--namely the first two classic albums of Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman.

Ozzy and his shrew of a wife have been know and proven to screw over his band members, songwriters and everyone they come in contact with. Bob Dailey and Lee Kerslake got the biggest of all time by these two degenerate pukes. Jake E Lee got a healthy dose as did nearly everyone he ever worked with.

Now lets look at Alice.

Bob Dylan was quoted as saying Alice was one of the most underated lyricists in rock n roll. Alice writes his own material, and in the case when he does not, he gives proper credit to those who do.

He is a beloved celebrity both loved and respected by his peers and fans alike. Talk to anyone who has ever played in any of his touring bands throughout the last 40 years and you will find that they all loved working with and playing for Alice. Alice also treated them fairly, paid them well, gave them credit for his continued success and most of all showed them and treated them with kindness and respect.

Ozzy has been a broken down fraud for the last 30 years. He is like a ventriloquist dummy being controlled by his nasty, greedy wife Sharon. He is a mush head. Always has been.

Sharon and Ozzy may have a ton of money but it was made on the backs and talents of others with lies, deceit, greed and outright fraud. They are horrible people.
let's also not forget that Ozzy has been known to lick up other men's p155.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:59 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
dadascot wrote:I saw Ozzy at the Glasgow Apollo on the diary of a madman tour. I was a huge Ozzy fan at the time but he was appalling live. It was the first time I had went to a gig and been so disappointed. Before the gig we had went to an album signing and he was just a rude, uninterested nasty little man. Alice would blow him off the stage with one of his farts.

Ozzy blown off stage cmon. I'm not a fan but he is a great front man.
I wonder if you have seen him live? As I said I was a huge Ozzy/ sabbath fan at the time and just couldn't believe how little charisma and stage presence he had. I am genuinely struggling to think of any other singer I have seen who was so poor on stage, the only one who comes to mind is Martin fry from ABC. Ozzy was like a mummy onstage.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 pm

killer wolf wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:I went to an Ozzy show in 1995 or 1996 and he was an absolute embarrassment. The man CAN NOT sing at all. His voice was completely shot and to say he was off key would be a compliment. He was so bad I left half-way through the show. It was by far the worst concert I've ever attended and I have seen some pretty horrible shows in my day.

Now lets look at Alice.

let's also not forget that Ozzy has been known to lick up other men's p155.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm still looking for page 155!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:28 pm

I think Ozzy and Alice have one thing in common and that is they both have some "legendary" stories.

Alice and Zappa's "gross out" contest comes to mind.

I think there is more truth to some of Ozzy's exploits but I'm sure that even those have been greatly embellished.

I was told by someone in the business that one of the greatest hoaxes in the history of rock n roll was the Ozzy biting the head off the bat story. It was the brainchild of public relations at a very pivitol time in Ozzy's career. Did it really happen? Just ask the fans!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:09 pm

mr.barlow wrote:I'm still looking for page 155!

Post of the day!! :clap:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 pm

mr.barlow wrote:I think Ozzy and Alice have one thing in common and that is they both have some "legendary" stories.

Alice and Zappa's "gross out" contest comes to mind.

I think there is more truth to some of Ozzy's exploits but I'm sure that even those have been greatly embellished.

I was told by someone in the business that one of the greatest hoaxes in the history of rock n roll was the Ozzy biting the head off the bat story. It was the brainchild of public relations at a very pivitol time in Ozzy's career. Did it really happen? Just ask the fans!

Well there are photos of the dove incident so I'd guess it might well be a true story.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:30 am

I was into Black Sabbath at the time of discovering Alice in 1971 (brother liked Sabs and had the vinyl). I rated Ozzy's work with Sabs and I liked his distinctive voice. I find it difficult to compare Alice as a frontman to Ozzy as they are different things. Ozzy solo live (say early 1980s on) seemed to be a more fist pumping, handclapping frontman engaging directly with the audience. Alice is/was clearly playing a role.

I would say that the promotion of Ozzy was informed by the Alice formula- dove/bat outrage instead of chicken. Gross out stories etc. Evil schlock associations (see Ozzy album covers).I say this not to criticise Ozzy but just an observation. In fact in the early to mid 1980s I was thinking I wish Alice was doing this kind of grand show- Ozzy even had a huge staircase which reminded me of the album cover(back) of Goes to Hell.

Ozzy is entitled to his view on Alice/vaudeville and that's ok but I think he picked the best parts of Alice's horror associations/imagery and played them in his own way. As regards, who has been more successful it depends what each wanted to achieve. If it was money, I am confident Ozzy has more of it but neither is lacking.

I do respect the amount of effort Ozzy put in on onstage and behind it in creating a very successful solo career. He is smarter than he likes to display imo.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.