HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by Si » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:42 am

How clueless and uninformed (read the press release maybe?) can two journalists be?!?!?!
http://www.radiolive.co.nz/AUDIO-Music- ... fault.aspx

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:11 am

dadascot wrote:. I know I'm an old fart but surely there is a huge joy in buying the album, enjoying the art work in the cover and then putting it on your iPod etc! Rather than just downloading? Not the same as the vinyl days but still a joy there. The art work on the last two albums was phenomenal so I'm hoping this one is up there.
Describes me as well Dadascot!

So is the artwork in the CD any good ? Booklet , photos , lyrics ?

If not I'll just buy it off itunes

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:15 am

nurserozetta wrote:
dadascot wrote:. I know I'm an old fart but surely there is a huge joy in buying the album, enjoying the art work in the cover and then putting it on your iPod etc! Rather than just downloading? Not the same as the vinyl days but still a joy there. The art work on the last two albums was phenomenal so I'm hoping this one is up there.
Describes me as well Dadascot!

So is the artwork in the CD any good ? Booklet , photos , lyrics ?

If not I'll just buy it off itunes
There is a booklet with a lengthy intro by Bernie taupin but no photos, obviously the full list of musicians and writers, fine but not brilliant.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:26 am

There's one more illustration in the booklet, plus the intro by Taupin is the same as what's on the official website.

The Japanese version has the same thing, with a separate plain booklet which has full lyrics of all the songs, with translations and an original intro written in Japanese.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 am

ElectedPlus wrote:There's one more illustration in the booklet, plus the intro by Taupin is the same as what's on the official website.

The Japanese version has the same thing, with a separate plain booklet which has full lyrics of all the songs, with translations and an original intro written in Japanese.
Do you already have the Japanese cd? If so how's "I'm a boy "?

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:37 am

Si wrote:How clueless and uninformed (read the press release maybe?) can two journalists be?!?!?!
---------------------
unbelievable ! didn't even listen till the end.
but, nothing new : this weekend i found an old mag on my attic with a review of WTMNM : now that was a good album compared to his two previous ones, namely "Elected" and "Billion Dollar Babies.. "..
sigh...
you really wouldn't understand..

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:56 pm

[quote="mestreech"] how's "I'm a boy "?[/quote]
i enjoy it, but not a standout highlight for me. Really, it's a rather straight cover, along the lines of 'My Generation'.
I'm not sure if it was listed as such, but it appears within the album itself, right after Cold Turkey.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:13 pm

Si wrote:How clueless and uninformed (read the press release maybe?) can two journalists be?!?!?!
That's an astonishing level of idiocy, I was wondering whether it was a spoof. As if the Hollywood Vampires nonsense wasn't bad enough, the things said about the Travelling Wilburys compounded their clear lack of basic musical knowledge. Even the guy that corrected them mispronounced Jeff Lynne's surname.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Wow. The ignorance is astounding. They clearly are all-around musical idiots, not just about this album.

Hunter

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:54 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
That's an astonishing level of idiocy, I was wondering whether it was a spoof. As if the Hollywood Vampires nonsense wasn't bad enough, the things said about the Travelling Wilburys compounded their clear lack of basic musical knowledge. Even the guy that corrected them mispronounced Jeff Lynne's surname.
I'm pretty sure that Paul said Willie Nelson as being part of The Wilburys before they stumbled onto Roy Orbison & steamrolled through he's the one that died. ::((:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Egads - I was losing brain cells as I was listening. Nothing wrong with having different tastes - everything wrong with offering up judgement on things you have no knowledge of - sounds like corporate radio is as stupid and maybe even a bit worse in New Zealand as it is in NA

Joe Walsh of Aerosmith :laugh:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
Egads - I was losing brain cells as I was listening. Nothing wrong with having different tastes - everything wrong with offering up judgement on things you have no knowledge of - sounds like corporate radio is as stupid and maybe even a bit worse in New Zealand as it is in NA

Joe Walsh of Aerosmith :laugh:
What makes it worse is that surely neither of these bozos BOUGHT a copy, and therefore, being a radio station, likely got a promo copy. Presumably these promo copies had covers, and or press release sheets, and even looking at those was too much work for them before doing the news item.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Did anyone notice that Bob Ezrin (or a person pretending to be Bob) responded to the show?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:54 pm

darkmenace wrote:Did anyone notice that Bob Ezrin (or a person pretending to be Bob) responded to the show?

Good for them, whoever it is.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Si wrote: Presumably these promo copies had... press release sheets
Then they'd have been able to tell listeners how Alice used to drink with two corpses at the Vampires Club. After that Joe Walsh and Aerosmith seems pretty believable!

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:16 am

I should have been more clear: Scroll down the page to see Comments. "Bob Ezrin" taught me a new word: I had to look up "bloviating" and my goal is to use it in conversation sometime soon!