HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: HOLLYWOOD VAMPIRES TRACK LISTING REVEALED

Post by recoop » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Be interesting to see if this is a one off recording or whether there will be another offering of covers. If there is another offering I would love to hear rocky versions of the following with Alice's deep gravelly voice- 1.We built this City 2. First we take Manhattan and 3. Personal Jesus (although I am not sure whether there is anything that could be interpreted as blasphemous in this and whether this would rule it out). Looking forward to hearing whether songs like Itchycoo Park and If you want it are given rock or pop treatment.

It will also be interesting for me to see what Alice projects on stage, say In Brazil-is he evil Alice at all- can't see him doing his hand in the pocket stance as has been seen once or twice (with M Manson I think)- will be interesting anyway.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:08 pm

From recoop:
"Personal Jesus (although I am not sure whether there is anything that could be interpreted as blasphemous in this and whether this would rule it out)."

Actually, according to Alice, he sang on the version by Johnny Cash (although I don't think his contribution was used).

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:41 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From recoop:
"Personal Jesus (although I am not sure whether there is anything that could be interpreted as blasphemous in this and whether this would rule it out)."

Actually, according to Alice, he sang on the version by Johnny Cash (although I don't think his contribution was used).
Crikey that is interesting- because of the way Alice's voice has developed I see Johnny Cash's catalogue and that of Leonard Cohen as being particularly fruitful to Alice's delivery and voice as of now. I also believe if Alice reduced the stage theatrics and sang perhaps dark life songs(rather than death soundtracks) he would be seen more of the Classic artist he is (only my opinion folks). I have said before that I think, even in Alice character, he could get off with a film behind him reminding of us of evil Alice but broaden his song choice- Alice is a great storyteller in the way of Cash and Cohen- it doesn't have to be about murdering nurses, bashing baby dolls any more- I think this Hollywood Vampires might help him spread his appeal.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm not sure how interested Alice would be in taking his career into the direction of performing "dark life" songs.

Alice has never been one to portray the "tortured artist" with deep introspection of himself and life around him. Rather he has always been a happy-go-lucky entertainer who's forays into the "dark" aspect of things has more times than not been mainly tongue-in-cheek.

I would think that at this point in his career we will see him stay the course so to speak, and ride out the rest of his career performing a show heavy on the greatest hits.

I think he still has another great album in him, but it has to be asked if he has the passion and fire to do it. The live touring is where the money is at these days and I think we will see the continued focus on that rather than pouring money into a big budget concept album that wouldn't sell outside of his fan base.
I think the prospects of another album of covers would depend on the success of this one.

As far as expanding his song choices, I think he could do that at any time he wants. Also, I think Alice would retire to the golf course before he shows up on stage and lets a background film be the character while he's up there singing. The idea reminds me of one of those retrospective film clip compilations they show on tv after a famous person dies!

I think when it comes to the Hollywood Vampires live shows that since it is not an Alice Cooper show/concert that he will play it as a straight ahead rock front man. I wouldn't be surprised that the Alice songs that they perform are heavy, if not all, from the original band years. I don't think we'll see much of the "horror" schtick on those dates but rather just a straight-ahead rock concert.

Now..if Alice ever should decide to do a cover of "We Built This City" I will be the first to start an on-line petition to call for his immediate retirement and/or get help for dementia.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:24 pm

My two cents on the 3 tracks available (In spotify at least)

First of all, as I always say. You must see things from another perspective. Some of you say the guests are not jawdropping.... maybe or you. For me, some of them ae not either but for the general audience they are. Just think of that. Now the songs.

I Got A Line On You: A welcomed refresh of this cover, sometimes though, the background voices are too much. But I realli liked it, I don't think that it's better or worse than the first cover, it's just different.

School's Out: Here we go.... First of all, I always loved the idea of getting this song plus Another brick in the wall re-recorded for it's too great in live shows, but It lacked the power it has live (Ok, a lot os songs are not the same but I thought that they'd do it a lil' bit faster and something but it's not) Starting with the most commented guest.... I Like AC/DC A LOT! Believe me!, I think Johnson is great. I Really wanted to hear him in this project.... But School's Out was not the right song. His voice doesn't sounds good on it. It's like eating eggs with chocolate :smack:. Neal and Dennis felt great but again, it's kind of more of the same, and it doesn't sound as good as the original. And Slash, what can I say about him. I Love his stuff with Roses, and his solo things, but I don't like the vibe of his guitars while hearing him with other musicians in general (Alice, Ozzy)

Dead Drunk Friends: This is the highlight for me, I think it's an amazing song, It has this bar vibe in it that's just amazing. And it's a sad song that I can relate to in a weird way.Alice here says he's back at the bar and there's no one around.... To see all of your friends, fellow musicians or drinking buddies die before you must really get to you. And It makes me understand why Johnny Depp wanted to be in this project too for I feel that it's kind of the same for younger audiences (Like me). I Know I'll grow up to see all my idols die (and many are already dead), In the future I'll have no shows to attend to, no new music to listen to. I kind of figured out that this was what Mr Depp must've felt, he has always talk highly of rock icons and now they're dead. Sad thing. Ok, back to the music. It's beautifully composed, again the background voices are kind of too much sometimes but in general I loved it (I've heard it a lot of times :D)

Bonus Track: All I Can say about Raise the Dead (30 sec) It sounds good but it does sound as a leftover of W2MN which it kind of upsets me. Still waiting to hear the whole song :D

Thanks for paying attention to my two cents :alice: :p :alice:

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 am

LOS ANGELES, CA: In 1972, on the Sunset Strip at a club called the Rainbow Bar & Grill, the Hollywood Vampires were born in the upstairs bar. It was a gathering place for rock stars living in or passing through L.A. “To join the club, one simply had to out drink all of the members,” says Alice Cooper, a founding member of the Vampires. “I would walk in on a typical night,” Alice says, “and John Lennon, Harry Nilsson, Keith Moon—who would usually be in a costume like a maid or a chauffeur—Bernie Taupin, Jim Morrison and Mickey Dolenz would be there. The next week might be Bernie Taupin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Mickey Dolenz.”

Mmmm... 1972? Jim Morrison died in 1971 and Hendrix in 1970...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:44 am

Rhapsody of Fire wrote:LOS ANGELES, CA: In 1972, on the Sunset Strip at a club called the Rainbow Bar & Grill, the Hollywood Vampires were born in the upstairs bar. It was a gathering place for rock stars living in or passing through L.A. “To join the club, one simply had to out drink all of the members,” says Alice Cooper, a founding member of the Vampires. “I would walk in on a typical night,” Alice says, “and John Lennon, Harry Nilsson, Keith Moon—who would usually be in a costume like a maid or a chauffeur—Bernie Taupin, Jim Morrison and Mickey Dolenz would be there. The next week might be Bernie Taupin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Mickey Dolenz.”

Mmmm... 1972? Jim Morrison died in 1971 and Hendrix in 1970...

Shh you are ruining Alice's tall tales.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:20 am

Very impressed with Alice's vocals on "Line on You" & "SO". He did a phenomenal job on SO replicating a vocal, as a 67-year-old, that he did as a 24-year-old. Neal & Dennis were also incredible, playing the song as only they could and no one else could imitate. It's like the song, BDB, no drummer ( and I am a drummer of over 40 years) could play it the way Neal plays it.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:28 am

recoop wrote:Personal Jesus (although I am not sure whether there is anything that could be interpreted as blasphemous in this
given he did Herod's Song, which basically mocks Christ, i don't think the above would be a concern. On the other hand, i doubt we'll ever see him cover Slayer's "Jesus Saves" :-D
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am

Have to agree Mr Bluelegs re vocal on School's Out- was beginning to wonder if it was in part the original Alice vocal.

Hi Killer Wolf, the only mitigating issue with Herod's song is that he was singing as Herod- haven't heard Jesus Saves yet!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:47 am

'Itchycoo Park' should be on NWAC tonight (13th) assuming your local station doesn`t cut it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 am

From Rhapsody of Fire:
"Mmmm... 1972? Jim Morrison died in 1971 and Hendrix in 1970..."

This was correcred almnost immediately after this was released but the original version is still being used by some outlets unfortunately.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:16 pm

Si wrote:'Itchycoo Park' should be on NWAC tonight (13th) assuming your local station doesn`t cut it.
Just bought this song on iTunes. What a great song! I am so fulfilled by this whole thing so far. The music, the players, the production, the mix... All A+ to me. Can't wait to hear "The Last Vampire."
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Oh I hadn`t seen it go up on iTunes! Well spotted.
Maybe they will release a song a week as they are premiered on NWAC?

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:40 pm

I can't really get into the groove of Itchycoo Park, either.

I am starting to think it's me and not the songs :teach:

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Maaki wrote:I can't really get into the groove of Itchycoo Park, either.

I am starting to think it's me and not the songs :teach:
It's definitely you. :laugh:
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Itchycoo park is now on Spotify

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:11 pm

mestreech wrote:Itchycoo park is now on Spotify
Not here it isn`t. But presumable it will turn up shortly.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:07 pm

It's listed on Spotify as a single instead of as part of the album.

https://play.spotify.com/album/34mDgdyCIoGs5JKOSmV6pd

Hunter

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:44 pm

best song sofar IMHO