Billboard Interview about Super Duper

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Billboard Interview about Super Duper

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:47 am

Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Billboard Interview about Super Duper

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 am

Regarding the covers album, does this mean there will be a tour based around it when it eventually comes out ....

"There's no hurry to put this thing out right now, 'cause we've got the (Crue) tour and of course we want to wrap a show around (the album), so it'll have to wait, but I don't think it will lose anything."

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 pm

Yeah I hear ya!! Wonder what THAT means? :grin:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 am

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:Regarding the covers album, does this mean there will be a tour based around it when it eventually comes out ....
Hmm, isn`t that what we have HAD for the last two years? Or does he mean a show with even more covers?!?!?

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:05 am

Si wrote:
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:Regarding the covers album, does this mean there will be a tour based around it when it eventually comes out ....
Hmm, isn`t that what we have HAD for the last two years? Or does he mean a show with even more covers?!?!?
Well, I've just looked into my crystal ball for next year, and it seems AC will be doing a new tour entitled 'Rocking With Lazarus'. It'll all be covers, except for a four songs interlude that's a tribute to some band/guy called Alice Cooper. The shows though will have to be fitted around AC's main activity for that year, which is supporting Ratt, Warrant and Poison on their 'Crap Hair Metal Bands' farewell tours. Oh and he'll also be coming to the UK, as support to Saxon on their own 'CHMB' tour.

The news for the covers album is that, whilst every single living musician on the planet has contributed a 'guest' performance, it can't be released yet as they're still waiting for Jim, Jimi, John and Keith to get in touch via that pesky Ouija board. Meanwhile, Orianthi has formed a new band with Mike, Neal, Dennis and Maryann Cotton and they'll be touring as The New Alice Cooper. Oh dear, the crystal ball's just exploded so I can't reveal anymore.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:04 pm

So we'll have to wait even more for the album? If that's what happens now..... I Told you!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote: "There's no hurry to put this thing out right now, 'cause we've got the (Crue) tour and of course we want to wrap a show around (the album), so it'll have to wait, but I don't think it will lose anything."
This sentence is exactly what I was afraid of. He's already been doing this Raise The Dead thing for so long, that should have been the tour to support a covers album. I was hoping he would just release the covers thing already and get it out of the way, tour with Crue and finally start working on a new album/show.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:42 am

well i would have expected - and, indeed, preferred - a show "wrapped around" W2MN, but we didn't get it. if he's actually planning a show wrapped around more covers, i think it might be the first tour i'll not bother w/.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:02 pm

WOW this just doesn't sound good. Will probably be even longer for a new album of new material if a new album ever happens :/
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:57 am

Guys I am sure that most of the coop's fans would be much happier if he would pick even his "weakest" songs for the setlist in stead of the covers. I really can't understand why he insists to work on that thing more than 1-2 years.A covers album ok, would be cool , but a cover-based show ,nahh , that could easily be an opening show from a band before "Brutally Live" .. :P

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:13 am

Yep, sure hope the album doesn't drop early next year and there is yet another covers tour to promote it. At this rate you can expect a new album of original material in 2017.

Best thing that could happen is the covers album flops with poor sales and it won't justify a tour based around it .

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:11 am

Did Alice do anything besides "Bite your Face Off" from WTMN2 when he toured at that time? Shame he didn't "tour" that album. Along came a Spider album would have created a great stage show, too. I wouldn't expect him to "tour" a covers album beyond a few tunes. :rock:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:56 am

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Did Alice do anything besides "Bite your Face Off" from WTMN2 when he toured at that time? Shame he didn't "tour" that album. Along came a Spider album would have created a great stage show, too. I wouldn't expect him to "tour" a covers album beyond a few tunes. :rock:
Alice has done "Caffeine" and "The Congregation" live. "Caffeine" has been a somewhat regular song in the set. "The Congregation" didn't last long, but I didn't think it came off great live to be honest.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."