November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Anyone going? I will be there.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Well, I am excited. It is going to be a great show....of course. I will keep everyone informed about any different merchandise I see. There is a cool "I Am Halloween" shirt on AC.com that I am drooling over.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:14 am

Most horrible concert ever....bad sound, bad venue, just bad, bad, bad!!!!!
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

old school vet
Killer
Killer
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by old school vet » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:35 pm

GailsFriend wrote

Most horrible concert ever....bad sound, bad venue, just bad, bad, bad!!!!!


Sorry that you had a bad time, I have never had a bad show in all the shows that I have attended, although a show at Wembley in a makeshift tent affair came close to it. Lets hope Alice performs another show near you soon so that you can put the bad experience behind you ASAP.

User avatar
tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 7158
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: Brutal Planet

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by tuneylune » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am

GailsFriend wrote:Most horrible concert ever....bad sound, bad venue, just bad, bad, bad!!!!!
Sorry about all that...have been to concerts where awful acoustics/lousy seats made for a long night.
Anyhoo...how was the SHOW?
"I need everything the world owes me..."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:16 pm

****ACTUALLY! I WAS LYING***** I only said bad things because I wanted to see if anyone would EVER pay attention to my post.


The show was great....the setlist was the same.....the venue was great. Alice had no opening band...so, a 7:30 show was done around 9:30....which is great on a "school night".

The only drawback to the show was the lady standing next to me. I knew I was in trouble when she asked me, "Have you seen Alice Cooper before? Is he loud?".....this automatically tells me, she is a newbie and NOT a rock music fan.

Of course, rock concerts are loud, right?

I could tell that she was gonna be uncomfortable next to a Alice Cooper maniac like me....but, too bad! :evil: Later, she was tapping me on the shoulder because I had invaded her space....(hey! I am rocking out! Sorry!)

The crowd seemed pretty responsive, everyone was on their feet with their phones in the air. I had great seats near the front and center. I was dealing with laryngitis....so, I really couldn't sing/scream along with the band. But, I had a good time.

I was tempted to buy a shirt.....if you notice, Alice shows always have shirts that are pretty unique to the show that you are at (not available online).....but, I changed my mind. Keep your eyes peeled for the Alice Cooper shirt depicting half his face ripped off! that one is pretty cool.

Personally, I have my eye on the Alice Cooper "I AM Halloween" shirt on AC.com. Gotta have it!
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

User avatar
tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 7158
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: Brutal Planet

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by tuneylune » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Oh You Kidder You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

killer wolf
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:26 am
Location: newcastle

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by killer wolf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:09 pm

GailsFriend wrote:****ACTUALLY! I WAS LYING***** I only said bad things because I wanted to see if anyone would EVER pay attention to my post.

and now you've made sure they never will again.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh Killer Wolf, you KNOW my self-esteem completely depends on the actions of others.....


But, in other news: I have just bought the Limited Edition Alice Cooper "I Am Halloween" T-shirt.

How do I know it's limited? because you won't be able to find it now....

Why am I telling you this? because I am awesome.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm

What was that? you say you want to see how cool this T-shirt is? Well, I have a picture for you....


http://www.google.com/search?q=alice+co ... B487%3B600
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

User avatar
cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:38 pm
Location: The Cotswolds
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by cherrypie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:58 pm

It is indeed the awesomest of awesome t shirts. So I just bought one too.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

User avatar
frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:36 pm
Location: Echterdingen

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by frontrowjunkie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Love this too... Got myself even too :laugh:

However I can't figure out why this should be hard to find or hard to get... Can be found easily via Google, and the official AC Store still lists it as in stock :bam:

But probably that wasn't what it was about in the first place anyway.

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:49 am

killer wolf wrote:
GailsFriend wrote:****ACTUALLY! I WAS LYING***** I only said bad things because I wanted to see if anyone would EVER pay attention to my post.

and now you've made sure they never will again.
I stopped a long time ago.

:alice:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

User avatar
While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:25 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Later, she was tapping me on the shoulder because I had invaded her space....(hey! I am rocking out! Sorry!)
People like you really annoy me at concerts

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:40 pm

WHW.....unfortunately, sitting still at an Alice Cooper show is NOT an option for me.....and when did going to a rock show become a time to sit down and relax? I was born in 1970 and I am not dead yet. :rock:
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

User avatar
SickThings
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:04 pm
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by SickThings » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:18 pm

There's a difference in enjoying a show and being obnoxious. At the Halloween show, the people shoving me out of my space so they could lean on the stage were obnoxious assholes.

Hunter

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Ouch....that wound is still fresh....I am sorry for your experience. In my case, the lady just tapped me on the shoulder......and I moved over. But, I could tell, this lady had never been to a rock show of any type....Whoops!

Hunter, buy the "I Am Halloween" shirt....you will look better wearing it, and feel better. It's Awesome.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 am

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 pm

GailsFriend wrote:****ACTUALLY! I WAS LYING***** I only said bad things because I wanted to see if anyone would EVER pay attention to my post.


The show was great....the setlist was the same.....the venue was great. Alice had no opening band...so, a 7:30 show was done around 9:30....which is great on a "school night".

The only drawback to the show was the lady standing next to me. I knew I was in trouble when she asked me, "Have you seen Alice Cooper before? Is he loud?".....this automatically tells me, she is a newbie and NOT a rock music fan.

Of course, rock concerts are loud, right?

I could tell that she was gonna be uncomfortable next to a Alice Cooper maniac like me....but, too bad! :evil: Later, she was tapping me on the shoulder because I had invaded her space....(hey! I am rocking out! Sorry!)

The crowd seemed pretty responsive, everyone was on their feet with their phones in the air. I had great seats near the front and center. I was dealing with laryngitis....so, I really couldn't sing/scream along with the band. But, I had a good time.

I was tempted to buy a shirt.....if you notice, Alice shows always have shirts that are pretty unique to the show that you are at (not available online).....but, I changed my mind. Keep your eyes peeled for the Alice Cooper shirt depicting half his face ripped off! that one is pretty cool.

Personally, I have my eye on the Alice Cooper "I AM Halloween" shirt on AC.com. Gotta have it!
Why lying?

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 am

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:55 pm

killer wolf wrote:
GailsFriend wrote:****ACTUALLY! I WAS LYING***** I only said bad things because I wanted to see if anyone would EVER pay attention to my post.

and now you've made sure they never will again.
I agree!

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Long Beach, California
Contact:

Re: November 26th, 2013-Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:38 pm

:yawn:
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Post Reply