Blue Coupe 8/2/13 Londonderry NH-possible spoilers

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Blue Coupe 8/2/13 Londonderry NH-possible spoilers

Post by tuneylune » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:47 pm

To start, if any of you have the chance to see them, DO IT. Fantastic show with three 60 somethings cooking for two hours with more energy and fun in their performance than people half their age with 24 songs! Have read in numerous posts of various Sick Things hooking up with others at shows and my wife and I were joined by the charming and cheerful Jaded! The venue was small, but we got there early and were front table so I could watch DD punish the hell out of his bass! Here is the set list:
1-"Everybody Goes Insane"
2-"Under My Wheels"-Joe pointed to our table during "I'm driving right up to you!"
3-"Be My Lover"-Joe went into the crowd briefly. Good version.
4-"Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll"- Excellent version of the Blue Oyster Cult chestnut with Albert bashing away on a surprisingly small kit with two little Godzillas on either side of the bass drum. Joe got right next to us and my wife touched his guitar.
5-"You Like Vampires"
6-"Hallows Grave"
7-"Burning for You"-My wife is a huge BOC fan, but this song has never floated her boat. I like it, though, so always good to hear.
8-"Caught in a Dream"-Sheer bliss! My all time favorite song and the first time I've heard it in concert...hope to hear Alice do it at some point.
9-"Hellfire Hurry"
10-"Nosferatu"-If "BFY" kind of sagged her spirits, then hearing this perked my wife right up. She has commented that the Cult never played their vampire songs (most that seem to have Joe Bouchard's hand in them... :/ ), although the last time we saw them, they played "I Love The Night". Really creepy song that follows the 1922 film to the letter. Joe popped his high E string, but didn't miss a trick or lick.
11-"Joan Crawford has risen from the Grave" -Joe on the keys, with Albert coming out in front of the mike for parts of the song.
12-"I'll Forever Stick Around"- Dennis finally gets a lead vocal in a nice sentimental song that ended with him blowing a kiss to his cool wife.
13-"Modern Love"- Joe and Dennis go into the crowd.
14-"I'm Eighteen"- Awesome version with Albert playing harmonica a la Bob Dylan and the ACG ending.
15-"Supernatural Love-Albert back on the vocals.
16-"Used Car"-Jeez Louise, all three of them in the crowd! :bam: Even Angus Young not this social! Harmonica/Guitar duel from the Bouchard brothers.
17-"Godzilla"- Would rather have heard "Hot Rails To Hell" over this, but a decent version with Joe and Dennis singing the high guitar parts. Dennis with the help of his bass telling the story of "Little Godzilla" growing into "Big Godzilla" Albert put on a small G mask and BACK into the crowd tapping on chairs, tables, the wall before coming back, chasing Dennis off the stage with a BIG G mask on and an short energetic drum solo. All this time, Joe is restringing his guitar before closing the song.
18-"Ain't Dead"-Albert on vocals.
19-"School's Out-Still the anthem's anthem and good version.
20-"Prophets, Dukes and Nomads"
21-"Ride With Me"
22-"More Cowbell (Gotta Fever)"-Dennis on vocals, he and Joe running around and Albert busting up a stick. Hilarious!
23-"Devil's Highway"-Dennis announced it would be in a film released in October and the title, according to the STUK homepage is A SHORT HISTORY OF DECAY.
24-"Don't Fear The Reaper"-One of the Cult's best songs and Joe really rips it up here-in fact, I think he does a better job than Donald Roeser!
Bought some swag and met the band afterwards. Both Bouchard Brothers as nice as can be-someone in the know told my wife that Albert gives the best hugs and she had to agree! Joe signed my Deadringer and Bouchard Dunaway Smith CDs -and looked surprised that someone had them-as well as the two Blue Coupe/Solo albums he has done. Dennis and his wife, Cindy were as great as ever, signing all my ACG sleeves as well as Deadringer and BDS. The whole band was graciously signing, posing and talking with all the fans.
So, as I said at the beginning of this long narrative, pay a babysitter's exorbitant fee, call out sick, do the roadwork (an hour for us), but definitely see Blue Coupe! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED! :rock: :rock:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

GNDM

Re: Blue Coupe 8/2/13 Londonderry NH-possible spoilers

Post by GNDM » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Saw the webcast....great show. Excellent job on Caught in a Dream. And I never get tired of 'Vampires'.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks for the review. I'm seeing this show on Saturday.

How was the crowd turnout?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Place was very small, but I'd say about 90% full-as Dennis said, "I didn't know so many of our relatives would be here!" I KNOW you will have a great time-enjoy the show and let us know your thoughts!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 pm

You'll have a great time! I loved it!,
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Absolutely killer show last night in Cleveland. The guys played 2 hours and sounded great. A really fun show.

Setlist was in a different order than what's posted above with some changes/additions. Not sure about all of the BOC stuff, but "Under My Wheels" was dropped while they did "Black Juju" and "Desperado" (with Joe on keys to start). The stuff off the new album sounded excellent live too. Overall, I felt the set was a great mix of AC, BOC and BC.

Afterwards got my CDs signed,shook all their hands, told them how enjoyable the show was and even got a pic with Joe (surely could have with the others guys if we waited a bit but needed to get on the road for the 2+ hour drive home as it was 12:30am).

Definitely a show not to miss.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:13 am

Saw the show on Friday in Chicago at Hard Rock (horrible venue). The guys but on a great show and rocked it out, but unfortunately had to cut it short due to delays in the earlier acts. Dennis was total class and was the main spokesman on stage, got to hang out with him before show (got there early just in case he was hanging out). Got to do some bass talk and he had some good stories (even got to talk about EA). Of course after the show he was signing stuff, so talked to him again and got some stuff signed. Disappointed that there seemed to be more BOC fans than Alice.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Joe told me that Saturday's show was much better than Friday. He said on Friday there were 4 acts and they got a 10 minute soundcheck.

In Cleveland, my impression was there were more AC fans than Alice or that it was at least evenly split. Material from both acts got big responses. I saw more than a few AC shirts too.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Glad you guys had a great time, even if the Chicago venue was less than good. Joe said how they never play the same exact show twice, so while I'm glad you got to hear "Desperado" and "Black JuJu" I sure wish I could have heard them too! Oh well...
My crowd seemed to be about 50/50 AC/BOC fans..

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am

In Chicago, I was the only one wearing any Alice gear (group shot t-shirt of course). Also, I only saw one other person with Alice stuff for Dennis to sign, although I didn't see what everyone had. Thought it was silly for people to have him sign Some Enchanted Evening. Also, before they went on, I was the only one who ever went up and talked to Dennis.
Dennis was really on the mark with his playing, and had great stage presence. They band had a very short sound check immediately prior to beginning and it appeared they were using a lot of house gear (amps and even the drum kit).