Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Not this time

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 am

>Caffeine was added the following night in Wolverhampton,

I thought so but wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation. Also, I think the "Setlists" section of this site would have that information.

>Back Door Man (cover) was dropped. Brutal Planet was dropped after Wolverhampton

I am happy to take the credit or blame for that.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 pm

I remember Ryan Roxie telling us that He's Back would probably be played when we met him before one of the UK shows last fall. I'm pretty sure that was in Wolverhampton but I might be wrong on that. I also remember Caffeine wasn't on the set list in the first place, but again, I'm not sure when exactly it was added.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Loomis wrote:
GailsFriend wrote:Anyone who misses an Alice Cooper concert is sad. Their lives are an empty abyss of nothing because the unique visual stimuli that Alice presents through is concerts is unavailable in this world. It's literally a barren wasteland....I mean, there is visual bands....like Ghost, Rammstein, King Diamond, GWAR, Marilyn Manson, Lizzy Borden....but, really? Is that a choice?

Just accept it: Alice is in the top of his class and school is in session.

Well since I have been unemployed for the last 13 months and am on unemployment, I couldn't go to any concert. If that makes me "sad", so be it. Now unless you are willing to pay for a ticket and travel expenses, I am not so sure you should be making blanket statements like that. You do know some people have legitimate reasons for not going and to just dismiss them as your statement does, doesn't seem quite fair.

I was able to save up $80 in a jar over the course of a year, just collecting pennies, nickels and dimes and quarters....without a job....and I still went. $50 for the ticket....and $40 for the shirt....for a grand total of $10 extra. I planned for it and made it happen.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm

GailsFriend wrote:

I was able to save up $80 in a jar over the course of a year, just collecting pennies, nickels and dimes and quarters....without a job....and I still went. $50 for the ticket....and $40 for the shirt....for a grand total of $10 extra. I planned for it and made it happen.
And everyone's situation is different, GailsFriend. I do not know if you have children, health issues, an adult relative that you are caring for, etc. If so, then I commend your ability to save up in spite of lack of job and other challenges. If not, some people do, and that $80 would be gone in the blink of an eye.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:12 pm

GailsFriend wrote:
Loomis wrote:
GailsFriend wrote:Anyone who misses an Alice Cooper concert is sad. Their lives are an empty abyss of nothing because the unique visual stimuli that Alice presents through is concerts is unavailable in this world. It's literally a barren wasteland....I mean, there is visual bands....like Ghost, Rammstein, King Diamond, GWAR, Marilyn Manson, Lizzy Borden....but, really? Is that a choice?

Just accept it: Alice is in the top of his class and school is in session.

Well since I have been unemployed for the last 13 months and am on unemployment, I couldn't go to any concert. If that makes me "sad", so be it. Now unless you are willing to pay for a ticket and travel expenses, I am not so sure you should be making blanket statements like that. You do know some people have legitimate reasons for not going and to just dismiss them as your statement does, doesn't seem quite fair.

That still doesn't mean our situations are the same. And I don't want to know your personal business. It was just a terribly insulting comment to make was my point.
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I was able to save up $80 in a jar over the course of a year, just collecting pennies, nickels and dimes and quarters....without a job....and I still went. $50 for the ticket....and $40 for the shirt....for a grand total of $10 extra. I planned for it and made it happen.
Of course you did. That is why someday you will finally be selected as 'Alice Cooper Fan of the Year'. You are just one step ahead of all the others here.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:28 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Back Door Man (cover) was dropped. Brutal Planet was dropped after Wolverhampton

I am happy to take the credit or blame for that.
To that I say:
>Back Door Man (cover) was dropped. - We are forever in your debt.

Brutal Planet was dropped after Wolverhampton - Well we all err from time to time.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 am

GailsFriend wrote: I was able to save up $80 in a jar over the course of a year, just collecting pennies, nickels and dimes and quarters....without a job....and I still went. $50 for the ticket....and $40 for the shirt....for a grand total of $10 extra. I planned for it and made it happen.
Wow, you really are the master of patronising comments.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:37 am

>Brutal Planet was dropped after Wolverhampton -

That was nothing to do with me as I disagreed with that.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:19 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
GailsFriend wrote: I was able to save up $80 in a jar over the course of a year, just collecting pennies, nickels and dimes and quarters....without a job....and I still went. $50 for the ticket....and $40 for the shirt....for a grand total of $10 extra. I planned for it and made it happen.
Wow, you really are the master of patronising comments.

I learned the best from Alice,

"Move aside, mere drop of water, let the ocean pass.."

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 pm

GailsFriend wrote:

I learned the best from Alice,

"Move aside, mere drop of water, let the ocean pass.."
delightful

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:32 am

Excellent job on stretching your allowance.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:16 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Excellent job on stretching your allowance.
Or stretching the BS.

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:18 am

My Dad & I went to the show in Cleveland, and the deal was I drove, bought lunch the next day when we go to watch trains and paid for gas,then he'd buy my ticket. Well, we actually met up with a couple of our "friends". Mike, the singer for the Nightmare (Ohio's Alice Cooper Tribute Band) and one of the guys that helps out (play's Frankenstein, the Doctor and a few other parts in the show) So we got to hang with them and have a good time. Manson went on first... and let me be honest... I found Manson funny. He did some nice theatrics, but I couldn't understand him for the life of me. The riffs and instrumental were great though. But like I said, when all you hear is "RUH RUH RUH RUHHHHHAAAA!!! RUH RUHH... ! *knocks over one of the microphones* Its kind of entertaining. :rotfl: (NO OFFENSE TO ANY MANSON FAN! I MEAN NO DISRESPECT!) It isn't to say i didn't know the song... Beautiful people and dope show i couldn't understand! I've been to 3 Iron Maiden Concerts, an Alice Cooper concert (2 if you count him opening for Maiden) and a Kiss concert ($5) so I know it's not cause it was too loud.

As for Alice... As said before, over the years, and almost practically each tour, Cooper sounds different. This show... I don't know why but he sounded a lot younger! I loved each song and it was like Theater of Death all over again, the ultimate experience seeing your musical hero playing on stage. I don't wanna give away too much away to the show but I liked how the nurse didn't get strangled this time... Alice broke out of the straight jacket, but things didn't go as planned. Little changes like that are what make the big differences to the shows. Sure all Alice Cooper shows are like each other all the time. They're awesome! :8):

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:45 pm

What is "stretching the BS"?....the idea that GNDM knows anything about Gailsfriend on a personal level....but, GNDM is welcome to come for dinner and talk with me. Guess what's for dinner?

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:07 pm

GailsFriend wrote:What is "stretching the BS"?....the idea that GNDM knows anything about Gailsfriend on a personal level....but, GNDM is welcome to come for dinner and talk with me. Guess what's for dinner?

And yet you still pass judgment on those that you don't know on a personal level. And By the way, that $90 wouldn't have even paid my electric bill for a single month last summer.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Hey Loomis! I will give you what you want: an apology that you were "sad" that you couldn't go to the Alice Cooper concert due to financial restraints....now admit, that you were "sad". For that, I am sorry. But, I have also made sacrifices to make ends meet. There is no personal judgement made here....actually, just the true statement: It's sad when you or anyone (myself included) can't go to an Alice Cooper concert. Period. :teach:

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Unbelieveable.