Not this time

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Not this time

Post by alicebackstage » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:53 pm

You are totally entitled to your opinion, and I understand a lot of your frustrations. You don't have to see or like every tour, but here's a little background on this one. I know both sides of the coin. This tour is a very short tour with Marilyn Manson. We have 70 minutes to play a set in front of an audience that is half Alice's and half Manson's. Because of the set time, we have to cut out songs to make it fit. They are going to cut the stuff that is more obscure so that we can have a memorable show for the fans that are there. They aren't cutting out School's Out or I'm Eighteen or Under My Wheels no matter how you slice it. Poison will always be in the show. There will always be that group of songs that he has to play. That's the business. Promoters aren't going to book an Alice Cooper tour without Alice playing his hits. After this tour ends with Manson, we go back to our 90 minute Raise The Dead show. Like it or not, that's the show and those are the songs he's playing.

I can't tell you why we didn't do a W2MN tour. I honestly don't know. I would have loved to have been a part of that. Alice wanted to do it. To do that show would be incredibly expensive. Maybe worth it, maybe not. Who knows. If we did the show, we might not have sold any more tickets than we normally would have, but we would have spent two or three times the money to do the tour. In that case, the tour would loose money. IF the tour loses money, everybody goes home. Alice does what works on tour so that he can keep showing up. So he can keep all of us employed. People depend on him. He does it for you, the fans, and he does it for us his band and crew. That's it. I think he plays the songs most people want to hear so that he can keep playing and hopefully keep creating. He tries to add some songs that are obscure where he can. Honestly every time we add something obscure or that hasn't been played in a long time people just complain about the choice, so I don't know why he bothers to change it up at all. Really you can't win when you're always wrong no matter what you do.

And for the love of GOD, Alice is not opening for Marilyn Manson so stop crying about that. Get your facts straight. Sorry to sound irritated. I'm going on 4 hours of sleep, and so is Alice. Every damn night. Let me tell you something about Coop. Every day he is up at 6am with a full schedule that would make your head spin no matter how much sleep he has gotten. He does his radio show, a stack of interviews, he performs on stage, he does a 2 hour meet and greet AFTER every show. He goes to bed at 1 or 2 in the morning and then gets up to do it all again. He's a machine. This is a man who is doing this because he likes to tour. He works his damn ass off, he does more interviews than any celebrity I have ever seen, and he kills it on stage every night. Alice, unlike most artists touring his age, plays 8 shows in a row sometimes with one day off in between - usually a travel day. Alice tours from May thru December all over the world and has done so almost every year for the last oh I don't know... decade? He shows up on time and never makes his fans wait, he signs anything that's ever handed to him, he actually talks to his fans and cares about what's going on with them, and he does it all with a smile on his face. He almost NEVER complains. Believe me, I would hear it because I am next to him 24 hours a day. If you were in a rain storm he would give you his only umbrella. Alice Cooper is a saint, he's literally the nicest person I've ever met. I'm lucky to know him.

One day he will stop touring and you'll be begging to watch him play pinball and I'll be running a laundromat.
tim10cc wrote:2 years ago, Alice was on top of his game.

Welcome 2 my nightmare
Hall of fame
Old School Boxset

At first when NMMNG tour launched I was a bit confused why he didn't tour behind a banner of a fantastic album. Steve Hunter put his blood & sweat into it as well. I am sure it was disappointing for Hunter not to do any of those new tunes on stage. I gave in and I went and seen Alice on the 2nd leg of that tour last summer. By the time the show hit St. Louis unfortunately the setlist was altered. I will give Alice some credit, he delivered a good show and there was some gems that weren't played in a while which certainly held my interest.

I am sure many hard core fans dropped a good amount of $$ on the Old School Boxset. The hardcore fans have been starving for a good theatrical show with W2MN which was more of a teaser now because of what we heard the show would be like.

I am truly a dedicated fan like most of you. I buy the albums on release dates. There isn't a week that goes by where I don't put on a Cooper album.

There are moments from Raise your fist...Brutal Planet, to NMMNG tours that will stay.

Alice is not a has been and certainly has proved himself over the years.

During a Toronto interview around 86/87 Alice stated he threw his hardcore fans off during The Special Forces Era. As for right now...I wish Alice Cooper would tune in to his hardcore fans!

Perhaps management/politics had prevented the launch of a W2mn theater tour. We will never know.

I remember Shep defending the Raise the Dead Show last year. Why was that necessary? I still think something went on behind close doors. We will never know.

I cant drive myself to go see a greatest hits tour cramp together to open up for Manson. That is not how I want to remember Alice. Sure I am happy Alice is still out there performing but this show isn't cut out for the hardcore fans.

Alice has the potential to put on a theatrical tour. I believe the response would be a positive one.

Welcome 2 my nightmare
Hall of fame
Old School Boxset

At first when NMMNG tour launched I was a bit confused why he didn't tour behind a banner of a fantastic album. Steve Hunter put his blood & sweat into it as well. I am sure it was disappointing for Hunter not to do any of those new tunes on stage. I gave in and I went and seen Alice on the 2nd leg of that tour last summer. By the time the show hit St. Louis unfortunately the setlist was altered. I will give Alice some credit, he delivered a good show and there was some gems that weren't played in a while which certainly held my interest.

I am sure many hard core fans dropped a good amount of $$ on the Old School Boxset. The hardcore fans have been starving for a good theatrical show with W2MN which was more of a teaser now because of what we heard the show would be like.

I am truly a dedicated fan like most of you. I buy the albums on release dates. There isn't a week that goes by where I don't put on a Cooper album.

There are moments from Raise your fist...Brutal Planet, to NMMNG tours that will stay.

During a Toronto interview around 86/87 Alice stated he threw his hardcore fans off during The Special Forces Era. As for right now...I wish Alice Cooper would tune in to his hardcore fans!

Perhaps management/politics had prevented the launch of a W2mn theater tour. We will never know.

I remember Shep defending the Raise the Dead Show last year. Why was that necessary? I still think something went on behind close doors. We will never know.

I cant drive myself to go see a greatest hits tour cramp together to open up for Manson. That is not how I want to remember Alice. Sure I am happy Alice is still out there performing but this show isn't cut out for the hardcore fans.

Alice has the potential to put on a theatrical tour. I believe the response would be a positive one.

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:58 pm

You are totally entitled to your opinion, and I understand a lot of your frustrations. You don't have to see or like every tour, but here's a little background on this one. I know both sides of the coin. This tour is a very short tour with Marilyn Manson. We have 70 minutes to play a set in front of an audience that is half Alice's and half Manson's. Because of the set time, we have to cut out songs to make it fit. They are going to cut the stuff that is more obscure so that we can have a memorable show for the fans that are there. They aren't cutting out School's Out or I'm Eighteen or Under My Wheels no matter how you slice it. Poison will always be in the show. There will always be that group of songs that he has to play. That's the business. Promoters aren't going to book an Alice Cooper tour without Alice playing his hits. After this tour ends with Manson, we go back to our 90 minute Raise The Dead show. Like it or not, that's the show and those are the songs he's playing.

I can't tell you why we didn't do a W2MN tour. I honestly don't know. I would have loved to have been a part of that. Alice wanted to do it. To do that show would be incredibly expensive. Maybe worth it, maybe not. Who knows. If we did the show, we might not have sold any more tickets than we normally would have, but we would have spent two or three times the money to do the tour. In that case, the tour would loose money. IF the tour loses money, everybody goes home. Alice does what works on tour so that he can keep showing up. So he can keep all of us employed. People depend on him. He does it for you, the fans, and he does it for us his band and crew. That's it. I think he plays the songs most people want to hear so that he can keep playing and hopefully keep creating. He tries to add some songs that are obscure where he can. Honestly every time we add something obscure or that hasn't been played in a long time people just complain about the choice, so I don't know why he bothers to change it up at all. Really you can't win when you're always wrong no matter what you do.

And for the love of GOD, Alice is not opening for Marilyn Manson so stop crying about that. Get your facts straight. Sorry to sound irritated. I'm going on 4 hours of sleep, and so is Alice. Every damn night. Let me tell you something about Coop. Every day he is up at 6am with a full schedule that would make your head spin no matter how much sleep he has gotten. He does his radio show, a stack of interviews, he performs on stage, he does a 2 hour meet and greet AFTER every show. He goes to bed at 1 or 2 in the morning and then gets up to do it all again. He's a machine. This is a man who is doing this because he likes to tour. He works his damn ass off, he does more interviews than any celebrity I have ever seen, and he kills it on stage every night. Alice, unlike most artists touring his age, plays 8 shows in a row sometimes with one day off in between - usually a travel day. Alice tours from May thru December all over the world and has done so almost every year for the last oh I don't know... decade? He shows up on time and never makes his fans wait, he signs anything that's ever handed to him, he actually talks to his fans and cares about what's going on with them, and he does it all with a smile on his face. He almost NEVER complains. Believe me, I would hear it because I am next to him 24 hours a day. If you were in a rain storm he would give you his only umbrella. Alice Cooper is a saint, he's literally the nicest person I've ever met. I'm lucky to know him.

One day he will stop touring and you'll be begging to watch him play pinball and I'll be running a laundromat.

Welcome 2 my nightmare
Hall of fame
Old School Boxset

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Does Alice still play golf when on tour? If so, add that to the list.

If you don't like the setlist, then fine, don't go, as alicebackstage says, "One day he will stop touring"

You don't know what you are missing until it is gone.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:42 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Does Alice still play golf when on tour? If so, add that to the list.
Sure does! :)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:49 pm

alicebackstage wrote:You are totally entitled to your opinion, and I understand a lot of your frustrations. You don't have to see or like every tour, but here's a little background on this one. I know both sides of the coin. This tour is a very short tour with Marilyn Manson. We have 70 minutes to play a set in front of an audience that is half Alice's and half Manson's. Because of the set time, we have to cut out songs to make it fit. They are going to cut the stuff that is more obscure so that we can have a memorable show for the fans that are there. They aren't cutting out School's Out or I'm Eighteen or Under My Wheels no matter how you slice it. Poison will always be in the show. There will always be that group of songs that he has to play. That's the business. Promoters aren't going to book an Alice Cooper tour without Alice playing his hits. After this tour ends with Manson, we go back to our 90 minute Raise The Dead show. Like it or not, that's the show and those are the songs he's playing.

Welcome 2 my nightmare
Hall of fame
Old School Boxset

This Man is totally right! You complain about the man that gives every night a great show it doesn't matter what! At least you CAN see him on tour, with a 70 minute setlist, there are other people who will never see an Alice Cooper tour, Like me, He could be playing "La bamba" but he will always add his "touch" also, I've seen videos and every leg of the tour is different, You could check the audio of I'm eighteen through years and it's different so it's like a whole new experience in my opinion.

Everything is simple as " Oh man, I Prefer to see another tour but not this one but You don't complain! It's impossible to complain to the band that gives you Music! and a great show no matter how long, how much theatrics or which songs they choose.

That is my humble opinion.

PS: Kyler thanks for alllllllll the great work you do, generally we care for the band but without the crew , the show wouldn't exist at all. We'll build you a church for all of you ! hahaha

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Note: Kyler posted while I was composing this, and I cover some of the same ground, but I'm going to post this anyway because I typed it all out and don't want to delete it. ;)

tim10cc wrote:Perhaps management/politics had prevented the launch of a W2mn theater tour. We will never know.
It's a fact that the original NMMNG Tour was supposed to run from May 2011 through the UK/European festivals and a new tour was planned to start that fall. (I say it's a fact because everybody discussed those plans at the time---Shep told me that, Alice talked about it in interviews, the musicians talked about it. Those were the plans.)

It's also a fact that the NMMNG show was deliberately scaled back some from the ToD shows because they were playing festivals, and what works in a theater setting doesn't work in front of an outdoor crowd of 50,000. So the NMMNG show was crafted with festivals in mind.

But then the festivals tour didn't end; more and more shows were added. Clearly, there was a huge---and unexpected---demand for more shows since they ended up touring non-stop through December of that year. I'm not privy to what went down, but I think it's pretty obvious that there were opportunities that arose, and they took them. Why turn down promoter requests for more European shows, especially when you're already touring Europe? Why stop a tour to redesign it, rehearse, etc., when you have booking opportunities in the States after the European dates ended?

So by the time Summer 2012 came around(and more festival shows), it still didn't make sense to launch a W2MN show when they were going to be playing festivals again.

By the end of that tour, the W2MN album was already over a year old, and that window was gone. Putting on the kind of show some of you want would be an expensive undertaking, and the bookings show that promoters don't require that kind of show to book Alice. I'm quite sure a promoter would look at "greatest hits show" vs. "show centered around a 38-year-old album and an 18-month-old album" and conclude that they're going to do better with the former.

I think most of you think that Alice (or his management) decide where he'll play and when. They don't. I mean, sure, they decide when they're going to start a tour, but where and when depends on promoters willing to book shows and figuring out a tour plan that fits the opportunities they're given. If promoters aren't interested in booking a show, then a show there doesn't happen. Alice hasn't played Nashville since 2006. That show sure appeared to be successful, but for whatever reason, the Nashville promoters have not booked Alice since then. Perhaps it didn't work out logistically, perhaps the promoter didn't make as much profit last time as they wanted. I have no idea, I just know that Alice isn't intentionally avoiding Nashville. Without a promoter to book the show, he can't play there.

Hunter

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:28 pm

A good / informative response Kyler, even if I'm concerned about the "being next to Alice 24 hours a day bit"!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 pm

>I remember Shep defending the Raise the Dead Show last year. Why was that necessary?

That was because people had concerns that he became aware of and e went out of his way to explain things. Do you have some kind of problem with that?

> I still think something went on behind close doors. We will never know.

Yes, "something" very sinister and mysterious (that was sarcasm, in case you missed it).

>Alice has the potential to put on a theatrical tour.

How do you know? Do you have that kind of "potential"? If so, I can give you an address where you can make a donation. It will need to have at least six zeroes in it, though. Are you in or not?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:47 pm

> Get your facts straight.

Good luck with that.

That post from alicebackstage should not have been necessary given that this particular subject has been debated ABOUT A HUNDRED BILLION TIMES over the years on this site, yet people still bring up the same, tired complaints. I am all for serious and constructive debate, but unless anyone has anything new, constructive or interesting to add, I hope this doesn't continue to come up every time Alice puts a tour together. I am not saying that no criticisms are valid and while an artist can make creative decisions that leave certain parts of the audience rather frustrated, the reality is you cannot please everyone all the time so there is really no point in an artist trying to do that. Ultimately, the audience will choose and so far, after all these decades, they've chosen to support Alice in what he does. If you don't like that, that's fine, but that's the reality. Trust me, I would like to hear an obscure song as much as anybody, but the next time Alice plays a heavy metal festival in Europe in front of a hundred thousand drunken audience members, an obscure song they don't know stands little chance of being received compared to a familiar classic. I hate to break it to anyone reading this, but not EVERYONE who goes to see an Alice show is the kind of hard - core fanatic that would visit this site.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:54 pm

It's also a fact that the NMMNG show was deliberately scaled back some from the ToD shows because they were playing festivals,

Exactly and again, I'm almost certain this has been discussed here before, but that dictates who the audience is going to be, as I mentioned in my last post) and that then dictates to a great extent which songs are going to be performed. The rest of that post was one hundred per cent correct and again, most of that has been stated here repeatedly as well.

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:59 pm

I will say no more regarding tours or set list.

Alice & Manson will be performing live tues 6/25 in St. Louis.

I called the Arena where Alice & Manson is playing and the employees at the arena are stating: Alice goes on first!

So if Alice is closing show then I guess he joins Manson on stage?

If Alice doesn't go on first someone needs to clarify it to the employees at the Arena.

No one needs to point out how hard Alice works. I see it! Yes I am thankful he is around, and still love his sense of humor.

Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, Motorhead, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Kiss, Robert Plant, Ozzy. AT some point these artist will put the stage behind them. This is how I work, Sometimes I prefer to keep memories of how they were rather than generate new ones. I saw the Stones in 81 and man what great memories. I applaud them for still touring but what I saw in 81 is good enough for me. I saw Alice last summer. I was completely satisfied. Sure you can't have the dream setlist but there were some great moments! I would prefer if I saw the Raise the dead show , minus the Manson being on the bill only to get the full set-list. I appreciate some of Manson's work but I cant say I am hardcore fan. As far as Alice goes, I hope the people who attend the current show enjoy it. Maybe next time for me.
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 pm

>I will say no more regarding tours or set list.

It isn't so much that you should or shouldn't do that - it's just that the kind of concerns you have don't apply to the vast majority of people that go to Alice's shows. Not everyone goes to see every tour, especially when some cities aren't on the schedule. That doesn't mean those concerns are not valid to you - it's just that you're in the minority and rightly or wrongly, Alice wants to please the majority of the people at the shows.

>If Alice doesn't go on first someone needs to clarify it to the employees at the Arena.

I think there is one show only where that is happening (possibly because of Alice's travel schedule) but I don't know if that is for the show you are referring to but that is not the point (and this point has been made here before) which is that it is irrelevant who is performing last because NO ONE IS OPENING FOR ANYONE ELSE - it is a co - headline tour. Both artists share the billing on advertising and promotional material, both artists will present shows which will have equal or almost equal production values and both will perform sets of equal length as well.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 pm

I have read this post with great interest. I started a thread last year after seeing the "Raise the Dead" show in which I expressed that I had been disappointed in an Alice show for the first time-I believe it is the thread Shep Gordon responded in.
In essence, I received an explanation from Alice's manager (how rare is that?), a rationale from Andy Michael regarding the economic reality and a lively debate from other posters on this forum. As a consequence I accepted that there were pressures on Alice that meant what I expected from the show had changed in the planning process- a point Andy Michael has made endlessly on this site- and therefore I decided I would be more cautious in thinking of buying tickets for future shows.
I believe the build up to this tour is different in that I don't think there has been any raised expectations. I think everybody had a good idea that it was virtually the same stripped back show as last year (with the addition of the guillotine)consequently even if it was touring the UK I would be unlikely to go. Just as Alice owes me nothing I don't owe him anything. Does that make me any less a fan? Absolutely not! If Alice puts on a show that really interests me of course I will go again-for now I will enjoy the memories of the some of the best gigs I have ever seen and THE best gig I ever saw; The Nightmare Returns at Manchester Apollo.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:11 pm

I've read some comments on a non-Alice Cooper message boards about this tour and the non-diehard fans really want more of the classics and less of the rare stuff.

A few songs I specifically read as being unwanted... "Hey Stoopid", "House of Fire" and "Dirty Diamonds".

I remember reading similar about the Maiden tour last year. The fans, by-in-large, wanted to hear Classic Cooper.

All in all, I think we, as diehard fans, are incredibly lucky that 45+ years into an amazing career Alice is still performing at such a high level year in and year out. It will be a real downer when Alice finally dials it back or retires so I plan to enjoy this ride as long as it goes and make the most of it.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:28 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
All in all, I think we, as diehard fans, are incredibly lucky that 45+ years into an amazing career Alice is still performing at such a high level year in and year out. It will be a real downer when Alice finally dials it back or retires so I plan to enjoy this ride as long as it goes and make the most of it.
:clap:

And with regard to the rest of your post and a lot of the fans actually WANTING the classics...it's SO true. A few years ago my Dad and I went to a Cheap Trick show. In this area, they're pretty much a "local" band and have a lot of the "old" fans....like, my Dad saw them at a few house parties when they were first starting. They decided to go with a lot of deeper cuts and non-radio hits. People were literally lining the aisles leaving at one point about 3/4 through the show.

Me? I would LOVE to hear "Aspirin Damage" or "Every Woman Has a Name" live. But, I'll take the deep cut/rare song interjected here and there over a full setlist of such songs, if it means I can keep seeing Alice.

I got to the party so darned late, 2005...I want to enjoy the ride as long as I can!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Great post Kyler. Always appreciate that you take the time to explain some of the behind the scenes stuff to us.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:17 am

Sure I would love a classic that Alice hadn't touched for a while to sneak up on me during a show!

I am just as excited for newer material.

Whats funny is, take this back 20 or 30 years.

Remember when you went to see Cooper and you had no idea what the set list was? Unless you followed the cities consistently where the tours landed.

The last time I didn't peak at a Set-list was during the Brutal Planet tour and I sure got my socks knocked off!!

I remember when the Trash tour launched and I was making phone calls to fans in other cities to see what the set list was.
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:21 am

I don't think the set list is bad necessarily. It may not be my favorite set list he has ever done but remember Alice doesn't do 80% shows he always gives his 110%. He picks finest musicians to deliver some of the most brilliant classic rock tunes ever and with huge ENERGY LEVEL. He respects his audience so much and always arrives just in time to the stage. His band has a top class musicianship. I haven't seem him since 2009. I am so eager to see this current three guitar attack version of the band and especially Orianthi. I was quite skeptical at first but when I saw AVO session concert on YouTube I enjoyed it a lot. Theatrics (the icing) don't matter if there isn't any good songs and top musicians to back it up. Without out those two you have only an empty puppet show.

Kyler is so right about obscure songs. Whatever he chooses to perform someone will complain it was wrong or even awful choice. I remember when he chose It's Hot Tonight to be an opener. Others were impressed and equal amount of people went just "Oh that's a terrible choice". It would be same thing if he suddenly chose to perform one song from Zipper Catches Skin or DaDa, "Nah that is the worst song on that album! Why he chose it?".

And let's look at the bright side of this. It's not that half of the songs in the current set list are bad songs. I bet that even the most critical people here enjoy at least 75% of what's in the set list. Could you imagine even in your worst nightmares that Alice does a show where you don't care about most of the songs? That would be tragic.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Don Quijote wrote:
"Theatrics (the icing) don't matter if there isn't any good songs and top musicians to back it up. Without those two you have an empty puppet show"
Sorry Don Quijote but I totally disagree: the theatrics are an essential element in an any Alice Cooper show.

If you have a great band playing great songs only, it's not an Alice Cooper show. Thousands of bands do that- Alice's theatrics have been what has made him unique for the last 40+ years!
Let me put it another way:
Alice + great band+ great songs+theatrics = "Welcome to my Nightmare", "The Nightmare Returns", "Brutal Planet" Theatre of Death" : would you seriously prefer the "Raise the Dead" show over any of those?

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Having seen Alice Cooper just the other day, in Los Angeles....I will tell you, that the show was Amazing. Frankly, I don't care about the set list because I was grinning with pride to see the entire crowd on their feet for a 65 year old ghoul. Yes, Alice could do a huge production, etc...blah blah blah....but, it was really great to see him just ATTACK with huge energy, with a great set of hits.

As a fan, it is my responsibility to support my favorite artists by seeing them as much as I can....and Alice NEVER disappoints. Alice gets more respect because he WORKS...golf, charity, tour, recording, restaurant, husband, kids, interview, and DJ......that is a full schedule. He deserves to be paid in ticket sales, album sales and t-shirt sales. SUPPORT ALICE!
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"