For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

June 6, 2013-Gibson Amphitheatre-Universal City, Ca REVIEW

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Well, this is the show that Paris Jackson would die for...but, she would have died if she went also, because it was fantastic on both ends....front to back.

I am not a huge Marilyn Manson fan, but I have always appreciated the torch-carrier for his visuals and twistedness, which can only be attributed to Alice. Marilyn had a strong set of songs with a lot of energy and various set designs. I will admit, for a small second, I was worried that maybe Alice, at 65 years old, was gonna be outdone by this young buck. Marilyn was really good....for what he does. He changed costumes several times....and the stage props kept coming out and he kept screaming like a banshee the whole time: Just an attack of the senses, which is great....for a while.

Then,

Alice came out, and just leveled Marilyn. I mean, Alice started with Hello Hooray...and ended with I'm Eighteen (see Setlist section)....but, this 65 year old sounded fantastic (and I know he has been "pitchy" in the past). The energy that came out of his band was amazing and the sound mix was really great. I could hear every note from Chuck Garric (sometimes the bass gets buried). What Alice "presented" was a literal "wall of sound" coming from Glen, Chuck, Ryan, Orianthi, and Tommy. The excellence was across the board....and WAY better than Marilyn's group! Usually a time for a bathroom break, the instrumental showcase kept everyone on their feet AND in their seats.

It's no wonder to me, that Marilyn tried to simulate oral copulation on Alice during their duet on I'm Eighteen. That's all he's good for....

And, since I have been watching the merchandise on AC.com, I made sure I got a shirt that I COULD NOT get online. There was 2 designs that were unique: 1) a grey shirt with a green snake w/ fangs with " Alice Cooper" and flames, 2) a black shirt with spiders and skulls with "Alice"....both were $40 each, so I picked the second design.

Totally worth it.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: June 6, 2013-Gibson Amphitheatre-Universal City, Ca REVI

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:03 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Well, this is the show that Paris Jackson would die for...but, she would have died if she went also, because it was fantastic on both ends....front to back.

I am not a huge Marilyn Manson fan, but I have always appreciated the torch-carrier for his visuals and twistedness, which can only be attributed to Alice. Marilyn had a strong set of songs with a lot of energy and various set designs. I will admit, for a small second, I was worried that maybe Alice, at 65 years old, was gonna be outdone by this young buck. Marilyn was really good....for what he does. He changed costumes several times....and the stage props kept coming out and he kept screaming like a banshee the whole time: Just an attack of the senses, which is great....for a while.

Then,

Alice came out, and just leveled Marilyn. I mean, Alice started with Hello Hooray...and ended with I'm Eighteen (see Setlist section)....but, this 65 year old sounded fantastic (and I know he has been "pitchy" in the past). The energy that came out of his band was amazing and the sound mix was really great. I could hear every note from Chuck Garric (sometimes the bass gets buried). What Alice "presented" was a literal "wall of sound" coming from Glen, Chuck, Ryan, Orianthi, and Tommy. The excellence was across the board....and WAY better than Marilyn's group! Usually a time for a bathroom break, the instrumental showcase kept everyone on their feet AND in their seats.

It's no wonder to me, that Marilyn tried to simulate oral copulation on Alice during their duet on I'm Eighteen. That's all he's good for....

And, since I have been watching the merchandise on AC.com, I made sure I got a shirt that I COULD NOT get online. There was 2 designs that were unique: 1) a grey shirt with a green snake w/ fangs with " Alice Cooper" and flames, 2) a black shirt with spiders and skulls with "Alice"....both were $40 each, so I picked the second design.

Totally worth it.
Your first line is 100% unnecessary.

As for the rest of it, thanks for the review! Was curious to hear what people were thinking of Manson after seeing him.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Thanks for the review and merch update...

...I'd love to see a picture of the shirt.

Thanks again!
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Great review and the first line...I Think they're great xD

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:41 pm

My sense of humor has been developed by Alice since I was just 5 years old....so, it's a little sick. No apologies.....Alice Cooper would call Paris Jackson "Stoopid" and so would I....

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Paris isn't old enough to be "stoopid" yet. She's a spoiled, sheltered teenager who was raised in an incredibly bizarre environment by a loving-but-bizarre father. Now she's caught up in all the drama and in-family fighting over the trial and normal Jackson lunacy, while also dealing with going to school (albeit private) for the first time. I feel sorry for her. She needs some serious help.....

Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Amanda Bynes---they have many of the same kinds of issues, but they're still old enough that I don't feel sorry for them....

Hunter

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Alice Cooper would call Paris Jackson "Stoopid" and so would I....
No, he didn't. Go check the newspage. Alice's comments on the matter are pretty clear...

“I don’t think the concert was the thing. She’s under a lot pressure right now with this trial. She’s 15 years old. I have two girls, and I know what 15-year-old girls are like. Everything is important. I think she’s just very emotional right now. It’s always going to between what you can do and what you can’t do."
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:22 pm

the reason I used quotation marks is because "stoopid" implies reading the lyrics to the song, "Hey Stoopid"....in which the subject of the song talks about suicide and using drugs. I am really glad you took my meaning so seriously....at least I gave you something substantial to think about. I win.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:43 am

Yes, we all got your clever reference to the song. There's still a difference in an adult making a choice and a 15-year-old girl in her circumstances.....

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by hallowedbemyname » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 am

It was definitely a good show. I enjoyed Manson's set even though I only knew two songs, but his fans (at least those around me) were fairly obnoxious. I was also a bit concerned being right down in the front that I was going to get hit by the cake or the beer Manson threw into the audience and look silly for my picture with Alice later, but luckily I avoided getting hit :grin:
Yelling at fathers, screaming at mothers...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:02 am

Manson throws cake? Is this a nightly thing?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by hallowedbemyname » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:10 am

I have no idea, I'm pretty unfamiliar with him. All I know is at one point he came waltzing out holding a round white cake, grazed one of his musician's faces with it, and then launched it at the crowd. I do have a hunch that it's something he tends to do though because one of the security guards down front was wearing a poncho during Manson's entire set.
Yelling at fathers, screaming at mothers...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:40 am

hallowedbemyname wrote: do have a hunch that it's something he tends to do though because one of the security guards down front was wearing a poncho during Manson's entire set.
:laugh:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:48 pm

GailsFriend wrote:the reason I used quotation marks is because "stoopid" implies reading the lyrics to the song, "Hey Stoopid"....in which the subject of the song talks about suicide and using drugs. I am really glad you took my meaning so seriously....at least I gave you something substantial to think about. I win.
No Gailsfriend, I think you missed my point in clarifying your comment. Before someone with minimal or no knowledge about what Alice said officially about the matter takes YOUR statement and runs with it, spins it and posts it elsewhere, I made an effort to keep the forum clear of possible irresponsible comments and, in this particular case, a reference that wasn't fully explained as a song lyric. Not everyone will GET your clever song reference, and that's why I intervened. If you had explained yourself better in the first place, maybe this could have been avoided.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...