In what capacity?
[

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The Alice Cooper album of the Day:WELCOME 2 MY NIGHTMARE

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:48 pm

>In what capacity?

This forum and thread aren't about me - I don't mind you asking but maybe when it is more in context and appropriate. I also don't mind answering questions sent privately.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>In what capacity?

This forum and thread aren't about me - I don't mind you asking but maybe when it is more in context and appropriate. I also don't mind answering questions sent privately.
O.K., thanks.
[

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Mr. Michael is often modest about his endeavors. Currently he acts as Alice's Liaison between the Nescient Coterie and Alice Cooper Inc.

:laugh:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

>the Nescient Coterie

That description is too polite.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:47 pm

more lunatic fringe than nescient coterie?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:52 pm

>more lunatic fringe than nescient coterie?

Still too polite.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:15 am

Diane D. wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:
Diane D. wrote:Hi ''I'm Pain'',

Question for you. You said that you didn't like this album, right?
Would you tell Alice, in person, in his own face, like in a VIP, Meet and Greet, that you don't like his album? Would you have the guts to do it? Would you explain to him which songs you liked and which songs you didn't like? I know that it's not everybody that can afford a Meet and Greet, but if you can,I think that it will be better to do that, than to rant about it on this Forum or on social networks, and waiting for the advice of therapist Andy, here. As for me, this album is something to forgive and forget. Good luck to you, ''I'm Pain''.
What an abysmal attitude. Someone says they don't like W2MN and it comes down to "wouldya say that to Alice's face?" If I ever spent the money and had a chance for a face to face with AC, I'm not going to use that opportunity to lay out what I don't like about him or his music. I would keep it light, frindly and positive. What kind of idiot would use that time to be negative/critical or confrontational?

W2MN stinks on ice. A couple of interesting tracks but not worthy as a companion piece to the original. The sequal thing was a gimmick - nothing more. Ditto for Ezrin lending his name to the project. All you folks who bought the various versions/formats were played. I extracted the few decent tunes on it along with the few decent tracks on the last three albums and made a compilation disc for the car. That will be the only thing that I'll ever spin.

If Alice ever wanted to come on this board and discuss the merits of W2MN or any other album - I would gladly exchange ideas and pull no punches (but still be respectful). But pay money for a rare opportunity to meet Alice - then just lay into him? Ridiculous.

There are sicko-phants here that wouldn't know a bad AC album if came up and slapped them.
Abysmal... Interesting word. You didn't get what I was saying. My point was that, if anybody has a question, a complaint or good things to say about this album, that person should tell it to Alice, in person, INSTEAD of ranting on this forum or on social networks. I agree, gladly exchange ideas in a funny way, and tell him what you really want from his albums. The worst that can happen is that he won't discuss with you.
If you reread your post, it's open to interpretation. Sorry to misunderstand you - that's the internets for ya.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:39 am

"My point was that, if anybody has a question, a complaint or good things to say about this album, that person should tell it to Alice, in person, INSTEAD of ranting on this forum or on social networks."

wrong. this is a public forum FOR public opinions. meeting Alice is a totally different thing, he's there to meet fans as a "meet and greet" not as a "critical feedback" scenario. if someone wants to tell him their feelings that's up to them, but a public forum like this is set up to invite feedback, M&Ging a performer isn't. i don't like ACAS hardly at all, but while i might voice my opinion on a topical thread on a fan forum, i wouldn't dream of paying for a M&G simply to tell Alice that. OTOH, if he happened to ask what i thought of it whilst signing my album or whatever, i'd tell him.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 am

killer wolf wrote:"My point was that, if anybody has a question, a complaint or good things to say about this album, that person should tell it to Alice, in person, INSTEAD of ranting on this forum or on social networks."

wrong. this is a public forum FOR public opinions. meeting Alice is a totally different thing, he's there to meet fans as a "meet and greet" not as a "critical feedback" scenario. if someone wants to tell him their feelings that's up to them, but a public forum like this is set up to invite feedback, M&Ging a performer isn't. i don't like ACAS hardly at all, but while i might voice my opinion on a topical thread on a fan forum, i wouldn't dream of paying for a M&G simply to tell Alice that. OTOH, if he happened to ask what i thought of it whilst signing my album or whatever, i'd tell him.
You asked if I would have the guts to say it to his face (that I didn't like W2MN). Well, I wouldn't rush up all crazy and angry - that would be insane. Moreover, I'd ask about an album I appreciate (maybe DADA). If he asked my opinion about W2MN, I leave it at - Well, my 15 year old digs it. It's a bit more suited to his tastes then mine.. And that would be "the truth."

Sorry - pulled up the wrong quote. Reply meant for Diane..

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm

You asked if I would have the guts to say it to his face (that I didn't like W2MN). Well, I wouldn't rush up all crazy and angry - that would be insane. Moreover, I'd ask about an album I appreciate (maybe DADA). If he asked my opinion about W2MN, I leave it at - Well, my 15 year old digs it. It's a bit more suited to his tastes then mine.. And that would be "the truth."
haha. Ok, cowboy.

But if he didn't ask you about W2MN, you wouldn't say anything about it. So, I guess you are NOT going to follow Diane's suggestion of complaining to Alice directly.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 pm

killer wolf wrote:"My point was that, if anybody has a question, a complaint or good things to say about this album, that person should tell it to Alice, in person, INSTEAD of ranting on this forum or on social networks."

This is the point I tried to make. You did it much better though!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:53 am

GNDM wrote:
haha. Ok, cowboy.

But if he didn't ask you about W2MN, you wouldn't say anything about it. So, I guess you are NOT going to follow Diane's suggestion of complaining to Alice directly.
That is correct. I am not going to follow Diane's suggestion.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 pm

That's OK, no problem, Toronto Bob.
[

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:14 pm

It's time for Alice to release another album, so we have something else to talk/complain/ridicule/insult/cry about. My ADD kicked in a long time ago... :yawn:
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:01 pm

GailsFriend wrote:It's time for Alice to release another album, so we have something else to talk/complain/ridicule/insult/cry about. My ADD kicked in a long time ago... :yawn:
It was not about complaining, ridicule, insult or cry about. At least, not on my part. I wish Alice, all the best, for his next album.
[

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 pm

guilty65 wrote:I have to agree... I have been a fan since 1970 and I too think that this is his worst effort. IMO. I was expecting something else when I found out Ezrin was on board. Oh well... I am still huge fan. That will never cease. :)
His worst? RU kidding me? If anything was his worst, was his non cooperesque hair metal days, like "raise your fists", etc. Yeeeeech! I hate "bed of nails" Damn, isn't on the new setlist? But, I do admit that I loved his dark, new wave, punk days because they did have that cooper license, which is out of his demented creativity. I loved that "Clones" was on the last setlist. But, going back to his latest, it at least has that cooper style of creativity. This album is not one of his best, but it certainly is a very good one!
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 pm

>I hate "bed of nails" Damn, isn't on the new setlist?

No.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:42 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I hate "bed of nails" Damn, isn't on the new setlist?

No.
Thanks for playing, but I thought he played it not too long ago right after opening with "Hello Hooraye" :nono:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 am

That's "House oF Fire"