Could Alice ever be blamed for violence or murder?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Could Alice ever be blamed for violence or murder?

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Unfortunately, the music the comes out today that is "popular" often has more violent imagery than anything Alice Cooper ever released.....look at the lyrics of Madonna's "Gang Bang"...and of course, lots of "gangsta rap" always gets my vote. :x Happy New Year! 2013 Year of the Coop!
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm

What a strange idea!there are no violence or murder in his songs. All is graphic
And highly symbolic even if your eyes see red color and decayed skulls. His so aesthetic and complex music and voice throw a artistic veil on all he sing or say or do on stage. Other performers dont access
At thiq because ugliness and bad songs reign on their stages.
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Unfortunately, the music the comes out today that is "popular" often has more violent imagery than anything Alice Cooper ever released.....look at the lyrics of Madonna's "Gang Bang"...and of course, lots of "gangsta rap" always gets my vote. :x Happy New Year! 2013 Year of the Coop!
Not my favorite song, but she gave a real good show with it.
[

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 am

GailsFriend wrote:Unfortunately, the music the comes out today that is "popular" often has more violent imagery than anything Alice Cooper ever released.....look at the lyrics of Madonna's "Gang Bang"...and of course, lots of "gangsta rap" always gets my vote. :x Happy New Year! 2013 Year of the Coop!
Good point. You have people like Rihanna singing about shooting people and rappers are always ranting about killing people and taking drugs etc.

I doubt Alice would get blamed nowadays because the mainstream music has lyrics far worse (and much less intelligent) than anything Alice has ever written.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Why always be so negative regarding Alice's songs? What about the songs that inspired good things to people? Like ''Hey Stoopid'' which is against suicide and ''Only women bleed'', which is against violence in couples? And ''Dead babies'', against child abuse?
[

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm

^Good point.
Rock singers have always been targeted by the media because of lyrics that are considered to be negative. John Lennon is a good example. He was branded as Satanic because he said The Beatles were bigger than Jesus, and yet the media didn't focus on all his charity work and stance on peace.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am

Diane D. wrote:Why always be so negative regarding Alice's songs? What about the songs that inspired good things to people? Like ''Hey Stoopid'' which is against suicide and ''Only women bleed'', which is against violence in couples? And ''Dead babies'', against child abuse?
I agree with Desperado 22 also-these are VERY good points, Miss D. Perish the thought people look a little deeper into the songs and see more than "shocking" subjects.
"I need everything the world owes me..."