For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

MrF33n3y
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Tonights the night...Maiden shows may contain spoilers

Post by MrF33n3y » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:01 am

wind_up_toy wrote:With all due respect, and based on my experience of seeing Alice many times, his crew have always appeared to do a highly capable job. Whilst the problem was obvious to you it was probably far less clear to them. They are also probably under strict instructions not to go on stage unless there is a clear safety / technical issue that needs to be sorted. A battery is a very small object to spot so the confusion can probably be forgiven surely?
I didn't mean that his crew is always like that; on the contrary I think Alice has one of the best crews out there. But when you've got 10-15 people signaling to you trying to get a problem solved and you just stand there shrugging your shoulders for 5 minutes, thats not the best way to handle it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:21 am

Alice's crew is ultra profesional with years of experience.
You'd be surprised how often people are signalling the crew guys during shows from the front rows over stoopid stuff that just isn`t an issue. As someone above says they want to be on the stage as little as humanly possible and if they don't understand what you are trying to say (and it's unlikely they would be able to hear you even if someone came out and tried to talk to you, and they would be in the way) it's just as likely you are trying to get them to hand you something from the stage like a dollar or guitar pick. Happens all the time. I'd say this was just a simple comunication failure. Under the lights etc they couldn`t see anything, obviously, so didn't know what to "fix".

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Just watched a video on you tube from GA and it appears they are doing Billion Dollar Babies in the set :clap: as at the end of the short video you hear then go into it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5wJrH0zZPw&feature=plcp

I wonder if the have upped the time any? or maybe cut a song? Bite your face off??
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Thx for the clip!

....Glad Babies is back into the setlist,now if he can only put Wheels in!! I'm taking 2 newbies to the Maiden/Alice show in Toronto,and for their sake,I expected to see his signature songs in concert,even though I know its a truncated setlist.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Well, he previously had

NMMNG
Frankenstein
Poison
SO

in the setlist. Those are pretty signature songs! I think he had a nice mix of signature, brand new, and fan faves--like Hey Stoopid--for such a short list!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!