What next?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

What next?

Post by dadascot » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Ok, with the adrenaline rush of the new album and tour receding and things quieting down on the Alice front here is a little hypothetical questioning for future projects. As we know Alice albums tend to be cyclical, so what can we expect and what extra's would we like?? Was there anything missing from W2MN that we would like to see in the next album?? Alice has suggested that there will be a lot more involvement from the original band. I personally feel that the next album wont be quite so polished, a bit more garage feel but similar in as much as input from a lot of collaborators and ezrin at the helm. I know that we may have a major tour still to go before the next album but what the heck, lets speculate.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Re: What next?

Post by Gorehound » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't care what the overall theme or storyline is or who plays on it, can we please just have a WEREWOLF SONG!!! :laugh:
Flesh fanatic psychopath

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Gorehound wrote:I don't care what the overall theme or storyline is or who plays on it, can we please just have a WEREWOLF SONG!!! :laugh:
Alice covering Bark At The Moon, is that good enough?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 pm

No, he can write far better lyrics lol.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Less tongue in cheek, more aggresion. Now that they did W2MN, let's go for that Killer vibe next time out.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm

I agree. Alice needs to come back and show that he's still the master at creating an evil scare. I'd love a more polished album like ryfay. More of like a loosely based hard rock concept album.like a hybrid. That would be cool especially with ezrin and the band apart of it.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I thought that 'when hell comes home' could have been lifted off Killer and with a bit of space has become my favourite song on the album and I agree that this is the direction I would love the next album to move in. As for being more like RYFAY...oh dear god please NNNNOOOOO!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Looking forward to more songs similar to Today Mueller, 10 Minutes Before the Worm, Swing Low Sweet Cheerio, or even a remake of Mr. and Miss Demeanor.

A re-do of Refrigerator Heaven would be nice as well!

As Beavis and Butthead have said...."Alice doesn't scare anyone any more".

;)

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 pm

I think a good ACG album could be really good. After reading much of not only women bleed. I think a real good album with a #1 is still possible. Just get back to the roots. no guest spots. Just those who made Alice great. Smith,Dunaway,Bruce,Wagner, Hunter.
Wishful thinking. Well maybe, but ya never know.

I think a song about how much "Alice" hates golf could be quite good as a Single

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 am

>As for being more like RYFAY...oh dear god please NNNNOOOOO!

I liked the majority of the tracks on RYFAY. I found it to be a good hard rock album. Certainly not great, but it had a lot more spunk than ACAS did in comparison since they both had the same type of serial killer story. The only problem i had with RYFAY was Prince of Darkness. I felt it was too long and and was just repeating the same thing over and over again but i guess he wanted to get it in our heads how evil the prince of darkness is haha But I highly doubt an album like Constrictor or RYFAY will come again because the times have changed and Alice is more focused in his songwriting ability. It;s a great thing and we should expect great things for the next one rather than a generic type of album.

I suspect the next album will be a veteran type album with some cool hooks and songwriting but not as hard rocking as some of Alice's past solo albums. That's just cause of the way the band plays and the style that Alice has now adopted (W2MN) although When Hell Comes Home and some of their past work was pretty rough too.As long as the lyrics are dark, intriguing and catchy...it's fine by me :alice: Here's hoping the next one can be way more twisted than W2MN

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Some of the lyrics on RYFAY were brilliant, cracking album!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:04 am

One of my favorite albums very 80's.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

I've no idea whats next but I would like the original group survivors plus S Hunter(and Bob E) to produce a dark, sacrcastic comment on modern life with no great concept(or Steven etc) and no obvious lyrics/rhymes(e.g. no sunset babies/rabies etc).. dark like Love it too Death but not LITD 2.. would think they are capable of producing a dark brooding classic..dunaway bass lines would provide a good base for the brooding tone...maybe even a black and white cover(no cartoon like image)..thats what I would like in response to part of the original post
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:36 pm

In addition o what has been discussed here, who wants to see the original group plus Steve Hunter and who wants to see the current band? Seems like some disappointment whoever next records with Alice.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Personally I wouldnt be disappointed with Alice and current band for next album but we haven't had a full album with orig line up plus Steve..so I would go for that..but disappointment...nay lad...nay and thrice nay..haven't been disappointed of late with any AC output..would have to go back to..? :rock:

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:13 pm

recoop wrote:Personally I wouldnt be disappointed with Alice and current band for next album but we haven't had a full album with orig line up plus Steve..so I would go for that..but disappointment...nay lad...nay and thrice nay..haven't been disappointed of late with any AC output..would have to go back to..? :rock:
I meant disappointment for some because it may be the original band and they prefer the current, or vice versa, not disappointment with whatever Alice puts out, not in my case anyway.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Kevin..I understood your inference..I suppose from my viewpoint I'm saying that even if Alice doesnt go my preferred route that doesnt lead to disppointment per se..after all Alice has done a number of career swerves...RYFAY to Trash to Hey Stoopid...I've always hoped for a band album again but have rarely been disppointed with what I got..I suppose some might be disappointed if they don't get what they want orig. or new..me I've been hanging in there since early 1970s and always would have liked, post 74, another ACG album..Only 4 or 5 solo albums have disappointed me so far :)

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Of course it would be great to hear the original band again but it's not essential. What is essential is Alice put together a strong writing team and come up with a dozen strong songs that actually excite and surprise.

Maybe Dennis and Michael have some killer material waiting but need to have a proper deal in place first before the good stuff comes out.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:04 am

I liked recoops description of a dark brooding album, more Killer than schools out or muscle of love. That's what I meant by less polished than W2MN. 'When Hell come's home' didn't have the tongue in cheek feel of most of the songs on that album and along with 'I am made of you', had the feel and direction that I would love the next album to move in. As to the original band or the new band, well I would love even more input from the ACG but perhaps keeping it mixed would be fine, just be the best songs available. Dark and Brooding!!

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 pm

PLEASSSEEEE YESSSS ANOTHER RYFAY