W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I am so glad that the people who never liked the album now have to contend with the fact that so many people LOVE the album.....#1 Best Rock Album of 2011!!

In the words of the great Alice Cooper...."Awww, too bad" :clap:

(Can you name the song that comes from?....I can.)
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:18 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Oh Steven...Crayn!!.....I thought you were dedicated! Shame on you!!
was too busy to read Si's excellent review until the other day and I have to tell you Gails friend all those reviews you have posted I haven't read one apart from my own.

There is enough opinion on here without taking on the rest of the world.

Years ago I would write to journalists and get my letters published in the likes of Kerrang! and Metal Hammer if Alice got an unfair review, but the internet and those that hide behind their own ignorance under the guise of "it's my opinion and you need to respect that" makes me wanna throw up!
I have no obligation to respect those of no consequence talking out of their rear end.

At least those that worked at magazines were professionals even if you disagreed with them.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 am

No offense to anyone, but I never felt the need to rely on reviews on an album or music in general. Always felt that I could figure out what I liked/disliked by listening to it myself. I am not knocking anyone for taking the time to compose their thoughts about an album, and I sure encourage anyone to engage in working with the language (correctly)...but I just don't feel the need to rely on someone else to tell me what music I will like or should like.

Now, if I am forced to purchase a water heater or some device I cannot "test" before hand....then a review or two by someone who has, is a nice thing. But with the abundant methods of hearing music today...reviews are just not that important any longer.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 am

I've have been flipping on What Baby Wants. back and forth. This song is very catchy and once its in you head its stuck there. Much like the Earwig slowly rotting your brain driving you insane.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:53 am

It's a great album...in my opinion, of course. But, I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find a more diverse and musically enjoyable album. This year has been hard for me to find a Top 10 of great albums in 2011...clearly, Alice is there. But, who else deserves to be there?

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 am

Transfered the album to tape including bonus tracks. Since the cars CD player went out. I need to get some better tapes though as those cheap walmart tapes can't hold the. Dynamics of W2MN. Did'nt. know but only the last 2 albums arn't on tape somewhere. Not sure if I'll get the newest stuff due to cost but all the old stuff will be cheap and much better then what I can do with a transfer...

They should have Cooperfest. Like Ozzfest. Sept it has the former members bands play. Dennis Dunaway project,Neil Smith. maybe some Billion dollar babies. Make it a all day event in detriot or AZ

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:59 am

GailsFriend wrote: In the words of the great Alice Cooper...."Awww, too bad" :clap:

(Can you name the song that comes from?....I can.)
"You want it, You G-G-G-G-G-G-Got it."
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:30 pm

GNDM wrote:No offense to anyone, but I never felt the need to rely on reviews on an album or music in general. Always felt that I could figure out what I liked/disliked by listening to it myself. I am not knocking anyone for taking the time to compose their thoughts about an album, and I sure encourage anyone to engage in working with the language (correctly)...but I just don't feel the need to rely on someone else to tell me what music I will like or should like.

Now, if I am forced to purchase a water heater or some device I cannot "test" before hand....then a review or two by someone who has, is a nice thing. But with the abundant methods of hearing music today...reviews are just not that important any longer.
I agree with all of that

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:45 pm

GNDM wrote:No offense to anyone, but I never felt the need to rely on reviews on an album or music in general. Always felt that I could figure out what I liked/disliked by listening to it myself. I am not knocking anyone for taking the time to compose their thoughts about an album, and I sure encourage anyone to engage in working with the language (correctly)...but I just don't feel the need to rely on someone else to tell me what music I will like or should like.
Do you mean to tell me you're not feverishly scouring through all 47 pages of this thread trying to figure out if you can like this album or not?!?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I listened to it last night with the girl I'm seeing. She couldn't name an Alice Cooper song if her life depended on it, but she's a Kesha fan, so she was curious to hear What Baby Wants. We ended up listening to the entire album. While she didn't LOVE it, she found it catchy and thoroughly enjoyable. She was struck by just how strong all of the material was for an artist who's 40 years into his career.

If we could all step back and take such a simplified perspective many of us would be a lot happier.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Now, that....TeresofBlood, is an agreeable statement....Whatever happened to just listening to an album and allowing it to transport you? I think we all got "too busy" and decided we just can't sit for an hour and listen to music.

Of course, how many artists are there where you are "transported" and WANTED to "sit for an hour and listen" to?

Like Ace Frehley said...."2 Sides of the Coin"

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 pm

homerx wrote:Transfered the album to tape including bonus tracks. Since the cars CD player went out. I need to get some better tapes though as those cheap walmart tapes can't hold the. Dynamics of W2MN. Did'nt. know but only the last 2 albums arn't on tape somewhere. Not sure if I'll get the newest stuff due to cost but all the old stuff will be cheap and much better then what I can do with a transfer...

They should have Cooperfest. Like Ozzfest. Sept it has the former members bands play. Dennis Dunaway project,Neil Smith. maybe some Billion dollar babies. Make it a all day event in detriot or AZ
What are these tapes you speak of?

Just kidding, I've got some of the albums on Mini Disc, it's a crime that these didn't take off if you ask me!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:40 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:

I agree with all of that
I guess it depends on the context of the review. My review was purely me putting my opinions of the album onto paper (well pixels if we're being picky). I'll revisit it in a few years and see if it still holds true.

It's not designed to make someone decide whether to buy the album or not, although it might be helpful in educating people as to which version to go for (seeing as there are so many).

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
homerx wrote:Transfered the album to tape including bonus tracks. Since the cars CD player went out. I need to get some better tapes though as those cheap walmart tapes can't hold the. Dynamics of W2MN. Did'nt. know but only the last 2 albums arn't on tape somewhere. Not sure if I'll get the newest stuff due to cost but all the old stuff will be cheap and much better then what I can do with a transfer...

What are these tapes you speak of?

Just kidding, I've got some of the albums on Mini Disc, it's a crime that these didn't take off if you ask me!

Ah, Mini Disc. I recall those they had a very short run in the US. I think just Alices Sony albums are on mini.
Just got a Lot of Alice Cooper tapes for cheap. So it shall be good times.
I thought of even getting some of his albums on R2R. As far as I can tell only a few are out there though. No player for that though

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Wouldn't that be awesome if W2MN was available as Reel to Reel?....I would poop myself!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:52 pm

very funny gailsfriend..but if you do poop your self please don't give us a review :rotfl:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Like I say to my dog: "Good color, good form, good delivery means good health"

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Like I say to my dog: "Good color, good form, good delivery means good health"

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/31.gif

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Believe it or not, reviews are still coming in...

http://thatshowkidsdie.com/2011/12/06/a ... rsal-2011/