Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Orianthi To Continue Playing With Alice After Tour ?

Post by scotty » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 am

I'm a reserved guy,but I can't control myself at alice concerts!! :rock:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I have watched the 1st show with Orianth from the left corner of the back of the venue.
You attended the first show with Orianthi in New Zealand?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Nick
Killer
Killer

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
Nick wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:I hate to say it but if anyone should be complaining about people looking bored during a show it should be Alice Cooper. I have watched the 1st show with Orianth from the left corner of the back of the venue. Literally 95% of the fans were just sitting there, and not just sitting there, but sitting there without rocking out in any way. I used to joke about certain Alice fans only getting into shows when some of the radio hits came on, kind of rocking out by looking like they were knocking on a door while falling asleep. But this crowd, they needed a blanket and pillow, I guess the door wasn't available haha.
I experienced that at a melbourne gig two years ago. It was absolutely the worst crowd I have ever seen, so bad that Alice even joked about it during the meet and greet afterwards. The next night, same venue, the crowd were nuts throughout. Go figure.

yep, but it doesnt stop him playing atleast 2 gigs there every tour, a paying audience is still a good audiecne to him regardless I guess ......
actually wasn't always like that, it used to be sydney that seemed to get two gigs a tour while melbourne had one, now its the other way around.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Poison w/ Orianthi handling the solo and The Deacon on the outro solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oSiXAp7nHU

Feed My Frankenstein w/ Orianthi and The Deacon trading off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvY-9tf7F20

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Wow, what a crap audience

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:So Orianthi is not playing any solos? Steve is playing all solos in the show now?

Two of the 3 guitarists are playing nothing but rhythm now?
Nothing but rhythm?

You make it sound that it is a lesser role in the band, when it is just as important!

Most guitarists would find it easier to play lead guitar to a song than to learn the rest of it!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:25 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:So Orianthi is not playing any solos? Steve is playing all solos in the show now?

Nothing but rhythm?

You make it sound that it is a lesser role in the band, when it is just as important!

Most guitarists would find it easier to play lead guitar to a song than to learn the rest of it!
Most lead guitarists also play rhythm, don't they? I don't see too many up on stage twiddling their thumbs until the solo starts.

But, as you say, rhythm guitar may be just as important, but it's not as prestigious.

How many guitar gods do you know that play nothing but rhythm?

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:34 pm

FYI to put this out there - Orianthi plays on all of the same solo sections that Damon played, plus she has a guitar solo prior to Only Women Bleed. Tommy Henriksen even plays a solo, and he is primarily there for Rhythm purposes, to allow the two lead players the freedom to really let loose. So to say that Steve is playing all of the solos just isn't correct. Not that that would be a bad thing, Steve is one of the best guitar players on the planet. Anyway, say what you will about each player, just wanted to set that record straight.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:

Nothing but rhythm?

Most lead guitarists also play rhythm, don't they? I don't see too many up on stage twiddling their thumbs until the solo starts.

But, as you say, rhythm guitar may be just as important, but it's not as prestigious.

How many guitar gods do you know that play nothing but rhythm?
Keith Richards has a lot of prestige as much as any lead player on the planet and though he plays a few solos has become a legend as primarily a rhythm player.

Pete Townshend even though he has done more lead work than Richards also made his name as a rhythm player.

A couple of guitar gods more associated with rhythm guitar than lead.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

steven_crayn wrote: Keith Richards has a lot of prestige as much as any lead player on the planet and though he plays a few solos has become a legend as primarily a rhythm player.

Pete Townshend even though he has done more lead work than Richards also made his name as a rhythm player.

Both those guys have played guitar solos on some of the greatest songs ever recorded. Nice try though.

Not to mention, they're songwriters and in two of the biggest bands ever so their fame far exceeds their guitar playing prowess either way.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:36 pm

steven_crayn wrote: Keith Richards has a lot of prestige as much as any lead player on the planet and though he plays a few solos has become a legend as primarily a rhythm player.

Both those guys have played guitar solos on some of the greatest songs ever recorded. Nice try though.

Not to mention, they're songwriters and in two of the biggest bands ever so their fame far exceeds their guitar playing prowess either way.
Not a try a fact, they are more famous for the songs without solos, what are you saying you are not allowed to write a song and be in a big band if you are not a lead guitarist?
What about Michael Bruce he didn't play many solos but will always be a guitar god to me.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 pm

steven_crayn wrote:

Not a try a fact, they are more famous for the songs without solos, what are you saying you are not allowed to write a song and be in a big band if you are not a lead guitarist?
What about Michael Bruce he didn't play many solos but will always be a guitar god to me.
Sorry, I'm just not in the mood to get in a p***ing contest with you over this (which seems to be about all this place is about any more).

I've made my point.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:31 pm

that's the easy way out!

I am playing Devil's Advocate a little and you even admit you underestimated the role of the rhythm guitarist when you originally said "nothing but rhythm" which is an insult.

You won't get an argument from me that lead guitar is king, but NEVER devalue the rhythm player, as Pete Townshend once said "I am happiest musically when driving others to great things"

The solo may be the glory but you can't have icing on a cake without a sponge!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm

steven_crayn wrote:I am playing Devil's Advocate a little and you even admit you underestimated the role of the rhythm guitarist when you originally said "nothing but rhythm" which is an insult.
Not an insult, I was questioning someone who stated:
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:She was OK in Auckland, nothing amazing imo, i mean she only played the basic riffs all night, no solos etc, anyone could do that.
Perhaps you should be arguing with them instead of me.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:36 pm

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I have watched the 1st show with Orianth from the left corner of the back of the venue.
You attended the first show with Orianthi in New Zealand?
Haha, sorry, I had a beverage or two that night lol. I watched a "video"
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:45 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Wow, what a crap audience
Well, it looks like there are about 3 people in the front who seem to have found that invisable door to knock on. The young guy on the left seems to have found one a little higher, he he's been forced to reach and almost jump, but he's still knocking haha

Anyway, I still like Orianthi in the band and the rest of the band sound great too. I hope this is the band for the W2MN tour
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 am

For most of today's music fans and also for many non-musicians they kind of misunderstand the older distinction between the rhythm and lead guitar roles. In the old days, just because someone did a solo that did not make them a lead guitarist, in fact we would never call Page or Townsend a lead guitarist, because they were the only guitarist. The lead person typically played more of the melodic parts, and higher accents than the straight chords played by the rhythm player in two guitar line ups.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:24 pm