W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 pm

James1981 wrote:Well im not sure how well Brutal Planet or Dragontown would of been received in the 60s/70s but W2MN i think would now be considered a classic if it was released back then. I know not of this blind alliengance that you speak. Its just that im not bitter and twisted that the ACG are not together and think that there are certain people on here who indeed have blind alliegance towards them and not vice versa. The new album is fantastic and has brought so much joy into my life. Torronto Bob says that this album clinches it for Alice, in what way? 90% of the reviews out there say it is great and it has sold more than double what his last album did. Everyone i have played it to loves it and i have converted a few people because of it. I would call W2MN a sucess in every way.
I'll just respond to the positive reviews for now. I haven't read the reviews of publications - have they really been overwlemingly positive? I'm surprised but that doesn't influence me one way or another. I remember all the bad reviews albums like "Goes to Hell" or "Special Forces" got and I love those albums - see I'm not just an ACG fan ;)

I'm glad that you like it - keep on enjoying it. My time with this new album will be spent extracting the good tunes, reassembling the track order and maybe adding a few good songs that go along thematically, to make a 45 minute compilation that I can listen to on a regular basis

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:[I'm glad that you like it - keep on enjoying it. My time with this new album will be spent extracting the good tunes, reassembling the track order and maybe adding a few good songs that go along thematically, to make a 45 minute compilation that I can listen to on a regular basis
What he said...only for me you can omit any of the WDOHMN tracks from proposed compilation...

Now lets all be friends and roast some marshmallows

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 pm

....for a GROUP to work together....everyone has to want to do it. Clearly, not everyone wants to work together....There was plenty of opportunity for all 5 guys to get together...then, Glen died....and there was STILL opportunity....

whatever all the reasons are, it didn't happen....and may NEVER. Accept it.

Everyone knows a reunion, would/could be a MONEY-grab.

Everyone knows how much WORK goes into rehearsal, touring, and promotion.

Everyone knows how FUN Rock and Roll is.

There are a few artists who are into music because they collectively understand the money, work and fun of the rock and roll lifestyle. Just talk to Mick Jagger, Alice Cooper, Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, Paul McCartney....
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:00 pm

GailsFriend wrote:....for a GROUP to work together....everyone has to want to do it. Clearly, not everyone wants to work together...
I got you something cause you obviously don't have one...

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsr ... ameBox.jpg

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: but for those of us being honest about the merits of this album, know what a collasal flop this album is.
what a pathetic, stupid, pretentious comment. who are you to say i'm lying to everyone just because i like this album?
idiot.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote: but for those of us being honest about the merits of this album, know what a collasal flop this album is.
what a pathetic, stupid, pretentious comment. who are you to say i'm lying to everyone just because i like this album?
idiot.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Bob+Ezrin ... lter_anv=1

He knows of what he speaks! ;)

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Here's my rather terse critique.....

Firstly.i have more a predilection for the "Evil Alice" as opposed to the "Fun Alice".From the get go i was hoping for a Welcome To My Nightmare meets Brutal Planet type of album.a darker, heavier, twisted album.With Nightmare 2 we have a gallimaufry of songs,a veritable can of mixed nuts,with Alice paying homage to an array of artist's he admires.The musicianship and production are A1,rightly so,after Ezrin and Co. are involved in this sequel.I'm glad many of Alice's acolytes seem to love this Nightmare,so i'll eschew from making any pejorative comments.There are some very good songs on here,so like that old adage."I'll part the negatives and accentuate the positive" and carry on with my thoughts on those of which i like....

I Am Made Of You-decent song,maybe should of been the advance single

The Nightmare Returns-Loved Steven back,but the song should have been an epic Steven song akin to the original "Steven" from Nightmare.It leaves you wanting more.

A Runaway Train-probably my FAV off the album,has that Under My Wheels feel to it.Kudos to Mr. Vince Gill for his guitar playing!!.....also "Now i'm sleeping in the graveyard on the wrong side of the dirt"...funny sick lyric,makes me laugh every time!!!!!

Last Man On Earth-not bad,growing on me

When Hell Comes Home-the "ORIGINALS",.Evil Alice rears his head,a decent number.like to see a whole album with the boys back in tow,plus Deacon!!

Under The Bed (Bonus track)-This song SHOULD of been on the album,creepy,great chorus and would of been an asset.

All in all.a OK album.not what i was expecting,but at least Alice still gives us some ear candy at this stage of his storied career.Not one of my top 10 Alice cds,maybe "middle of the pack" as far as his 26 studio releases.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:14 pm

killer wolf wrote:
idiot.
You have a point. My comments are that of a fan who has hung around 30+ years, who has different expectations - and I'm NOT suggesting that a newer fan is a lesser fan. For that matter you maybe a fan longer than I, I'm just trying to explain my comments.

The album doesn't have any killer tracks, has too few good tracks and has no flow. It sounds disjointed to me. I thought having Ezrin at the helm would produce much better results. I have no problem with the auto-tune. In fact that song is one of the better tracks from the album. I really liked the stylistic change of tracks like Last Man On Earth but overall this record has problems - big problems. This of course is my opinion I don't mean to insult you. Enjoy the record

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:17 pm

shock rock wrote:Here's my rather terse critique.....

When Hell Comes Home-the "ORIGINALS",.Evil Alice rears his head,a decent number.like to see a whole album with the boys back in tow,plus Deacon!!
GREAT critique and dead on with WHCH...

This is what the whole album should have sounded like but for that to have happened a stage would have had to have been shared...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Parish wrote:This is what the whole album should have sounded like but for that to have happened a stage would have had to have been shared...
You need to get over this. It's never going to happen.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Thx Parish...........i think a full blown ACG album and tour would book end his career....just a thought.......with Bob in the mix
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 pm

shock rock wrote:Thx Parish...........i think a full blown ACG album and tour would book end his career....just a thought.......with Bob in the mix
BINGO

I know Neal, Mike and Dennis want this. Ezrin would do it I'm sure.

Now if we could only find a singah... :alice:

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:39 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Parish wrote:This is what the whole album should have sounded like but for that to have happened a stage would have had to have been shared...
You need to get over this. It's never going to happen.
And that is a pity.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Parish wrote:Ezrin would do it I'm sure.
How can you be so sure?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:44 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Parish wrote:Ezrin would do it I'm sure.
How can you be so sure?
You might be right after the WDOHMN debacle... :grin:

Just a guess brother, just a guess...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Parish wrote:
shock rock wrote:Thx Parish...........i think a full blown ACG album and tour would book end his career....just a thought.......with Bob in the mix
BINGO

I know Neal, Mike and Dennis want this. Ezrin would do it I'm sure.
And yet you hate what these guys just produced for the new album with a passion. Why on earth would you want a full album of something you dislike so much that you've spent hours here slamming anyone who likes it? What makes you think you would like a full album of 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' and 'Runaway Train'?

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Si wrote:And yet you hate what these guys just produced for the new album with a passion. Why on earth would you want a full album of something you dislike so much that you've spent hours here slamming anyone who likes it? What makes you think you would like a full album of 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' and 'Runaway Train'?
Not at all Si, not at all...the songs that the boys had some participation in are the standout tracks as stated earlier. I'm not at all sure of the democratic process on this release but I'll go with my gut and say that any record that had all four original members (and Steve or Dick or both) with an equal say throughout the process would produce a phenomenal record. And as far as me slamming anyone its just verbal tennis Si. If they hit one at me then I have to hit one back.

Again, just my opinion...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:01 pm

Parish wrote: Not at all Si, not at all...the songs that the boys had some participation in are the standout tracks as stated earlier.
But as you have been slamming the whole album as much as possible, how can there be any "standout tracks"? They must simply be marginally less crap then the rest.
So what you want is an album os marginally better songs and that, to you, would be 'a phenomenal record'.
You don`t leave much room there do you haha

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Si wrote:
Parish wrote: Not at all Si, not at all...the songs that the boys had some participation in are the standout tracks as stated earlier.
But as you have been slamming the whole album as much as possible, how can there be any "standout tracks"? They must simply be marginally less crap then the rest.
So what you want is an album os marginally better songs and that, to you, would be 'a phenomenal record'.
You don`t leave much room there do you haha
I REALLY like When Hell Comes Home, Runaway Train ( Vince Gill is the new Master :clap: ) and I'll Bite Your Face Off is growing on me like a Raped and Freezin' kinda track.

But thats it and the original members only had a partial role in these.

I would love to hear one more full fledged fully democratic record from these guys. In my opinion (and thats all it is) it would be phenomenal...

Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers Si, you know I have only the deepest respect and admiration for ya. Plus its a slow week at work ;)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Parish wrote: I REALLY like When Hell Comes Home, Runaway Train ( Vince Gill is the new Master :clap: ) and I'll Bite Your Face Off is growing on me like a Raped and Freezin' kinda track.

But thats it and the original members only had a partial role in these.
Partial as in they wrote and played the main instruments on them you mean?
Parish wrote: Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers Si, you know I have only the deepest respect and admiration for ya. Plus its a slow week at work ;)
Just as you find it unbelieveable anyone can actually like this pile of crap, I find it equally amazing that an Alice Cooper fan, who says he has liked many of Alice's past styles changes, doesn`t like this, his best album in many many years.
It's a great shame that when Alice partially does what some people have been screaming for for many years some of these same people slate him for it.

And lastly, I would defy ANYONE here, without already knowing who plays on what songs, to know that the original band play on 'Runaway Train' or 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' (There is a few seconds at the end of 'Hell Comes Home' that sounds ACG-ish I think so I'll give you that one).
I wouldn`t mind betting if you didn`t already know, that you'd be happily slagging them off as well. Luckly for you we'll never know.