W2MN - First Week U.S. Sales Projection at 20-22K

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

W2MN - First Week U.S. Sales Projection at 20-22K

Post by Devon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Hits Daily Double is projecting W2MN will sell 20-22 Thousand copies in its first week (these numbers can fluctuate of course.)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/new ... ws08689m01

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: W2MN - First Week U.S. Sales Projection at 20-22K

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Hmmm...seems lower...I mean I know things have changed in the music scene and the charts aren't exactly the most important thing anymore but I guess I will be interested in seeing where it charts number wise...well critically, it seems to be going well....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

MacGyver
Trash
Trash

Post by MacGyver » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:28 pm

They expect it to sell less than the new Anthrax? Ouch. :/

Honestly, make a damned video with Ke$ha and make this thing the hit it deserves to be.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Food for thought.Metal band Trivium last month sold 22 thousand copies and landed at # 13 on the Billboard charts.Week to week sales fluctuate,but this may auger well for Alice to place in the Top 20.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:42 pm

MacGyver wrote:They expect it to sell less than the new Anthrax? Ouch. :/
Not surprising actually and has some big value for thrash fans since it's the return of Joey Belladonna (and I'm sure Anthrax benefitted from the Big 4 thing.) Good for them.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 pm

More food for thought:..Lenny Kravitz's latest opus was projected to sell 15-20 thousand and ended up selling 20,145.landing at #17 on the Billboard charts.The last Alice album to hit the Top 20 was Trash (pre Soundscan era)back in '89.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 pm

MacGyver wrote:Honestly, make a damned video with Ke$ha and make this thing the hit it deserves to be.
That is exactly what Alice should do. When I was listening to it again today I thought to myself "this song screams video" there is too much of a chance it could be be a big commercial success. It would be great for Alice, I think Ke$ha fans would dig it too so it would probably do rather well
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Chart positions are/were sort of glamorous but it depends whether they take account of all sales mediums..personally I would rather see Alice sell more albums/downloads/make more money across more mediums than worry too much about chart positions(although a high chart position attracts attention)
..promo videos, animations or comics would be nice for this album..welcome, fti and tlt got different forms of video/comic back up in past so maybe we will be lucky..if not we will just have to employ our imaginations I guess...
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Best Buy is totally sold out of the CD here in Pittsburgh. The store we went to had none and they looked in their computer and none of the other local stores have a single copy.

I also tried to order one via their website and the exclusive version is listed as "sold out online".

Seems like it was a very limited edition because I've never ever had a problem getting one of these exclusive discs at a retailer the week of release.

I checked Ebay and there are people selling lots of sealed copies of the BB version so I ordered one off there for about $10 more than it would have cost in the store.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 am

It's possible that Alice could crack the top 20 on Billboard, because Billboard is not based on sales...It is based on items shipped. Soundscan tracks the actual barcode sales, so if sales are expected between 20 and 22 thousand, it's quite possible to see this album crack the top 20.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 am

killer_juju wrote:Billboard is not based on sales...It is based on items shipped.
This is incorrect. The Billboard 200 is based on sales of which Soundscan is a component.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_200

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 am

"Best Buy is totally sold out of the CD here in Pittsburgh. The store we went to had none and they looked in their computer and none of the other local stores have a single copy..
I checked Ebay and there are people selling lots of sealed copies of the BB version so I ordered one off there for about $10 more than it would have cost in the store."

My BB had about 10 copies, none in the AC slot, all in the new releases, selling for 9.99. If I would have know I would have picked up an extra copy.

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:36 am

My bad RIAA certifications are based on shipment. The reason many platinum albums are in fact not million sellers upon the date that they are certified.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 am

ThePainAddict wrote:If I would have know I would have picked up an extra copy.
Thanks. I normally go day of, but personal stuff prevented me from getting to Best Buy on release day.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
ThePainAddict wrote:If I would have know I would have picked up an extra copy.
Thanks. I normally go day of, but personal stuff prevented me from getting to Best Buy on release day.

Sucks to be you :clap:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:34 am

Seriously,If you'd have asked I would have looked in Best Buy here for you.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 am

Really is silly how much some of this stuff is featching 2nd hand looked up the 7" vinyl and 2nd hand it was like $50. Though universal it was like $22 shipped. Which is what I did And they still have them in stock

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 am

[quote="RemarkablyInsincere"]Best Buy is totally sold out of the CD here in Pittsburgh. The store we went to had none and they looked in their computer and none of the other local stores have a single copy.

I also tried to order one via their website and the exclusive version is listed as "sold out online".

Seems like it was a very limited edition because I've never ever had a problem getting one of these exclusive discs at a retailer the week of release.

I checked Ebay and there are people selling lots of sealed copies of the BB version so I ordered one off there for about $10 more than it would have cost in the store.[/quote]

when ACAS came out,I got excited thinking that it was selling like hotcakes,but was told several places that they simply only ordered a few thinking they wouldn't need too many on hand. doesn't mean they wouldn't have sold out if they'd had a huge inventory of the disc,but selling 3 or 4 copies per store isn't impressive,of course.
and W2MN is a whole different release of course! now I'm worried I was going to head out to best buy this morning!

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 am

CD is dying. So it isn't suprising to see it sold old as I would guess not all that many where made. Since ACAS the CD sections have reduced greatly. Before to long you'll only be able to get them online. I do wonder if fans of older bands like Alice tend to buy more physical formats then say some one who's a fan on a new band.

cblakey1
Trash
Trash

Post by cblakey1 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:39 am

My BB had a ton of them.

Funny thing is, they are shrinking their CD section which means Alice doesn't even have a tab any more. They just put the stack of W2MN under the generic "C" section.