I've got the new album!!!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I've got the new album!!!

Post by Gunner » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 am

Saw the 'fan pack' in WH Smith yesterday whilst out with my 14 year old daughter, and I gave in/cracked! After everything I said about not liking the fan pack idea, I secumbed! In my defence, I think there was a strong influence from my daughter (Cooper Trooper as well you see, since she was 4!) and I bought two copies right there!

I haven't managed to listen to it all through yet, and I wouldn't 'review' until I had really let it digest (so to speak), but it sounds like a lot of effort has gone into it and it's VERY 'Cooperesque' - which I love of course. Someone, a week or so ago, on here likened it to 'Eyes', I know where they are coming from, it has all those various 'flavours' of Alice going on. It's a nice work and a good job, one or two tracks don't appeal, but they may grow on me. It's go the 'thumbs up' so far, that's for sure.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:21 am

Can we have the real Gunner back please. You are obviously an imposter ;)

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:42 am

Si wrote:Can we have the real Gunner back please. You are obviously an imposter ;)
Lol, i was thinking the same thing! Haha

Glad you're enjoying it though Gunner.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:46 am

Can we have the real Gunner back please.
Be careful what you wish for. ;) :grin:
Glad you're enjoying it though Gunner.
Thanks, I am buddie.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Went into HMV today and they didn't have the digipack or standard album! When asked they said it was an online exclusive. I assume this is because of the whole Fan Pack hitting the stores a month early thing!?!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Relating to Gunners recent posts..I too am glad you liked it Gunner(review to follow fom you I note-theres still time for controversy lol)..nobody can really get into those old discussions about the album being Alice the entity etc as everyone is on the album..I reckon just about every facet of Alice is represented and some new bits(and some bits of other people maybe)..peace
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

SafetyDunceDude
Trash
Trash

Post by SafetyDunceDude » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I've had the album since Friday, and have yet to stop listening to it. It really is a good album...definitely his best since From The Inside with the exception of Last Temptation (my favorite).

The only song I don't really care for is the single (I'll Bite Your Face Off). I get the whole Rolling Stones vibe, but I just don't really dig it as a single...more of a filler track for me.

I hope they release What Baby Wants as the second single. That song could really get Alice's name back out there, especially with the younger crowd due to Kesha being featured. It is one of my favorite tracks on the album. I love how it has similarities to Poison, but also gives me Michael Jackson Beat It vibes...anyone else getting that?

Musicianship and production is stellar on the album. Steve's lead work is great, and Tommy really did a great job piecing it all together. Also love having Kip Winger on background vocals for a few tracks. His voice really complements Alice's well.

2 BIG thumbs up from me. I hope he does a big Nightmare tour playing both back to back in there entirety. That would be amazing.

Vlad the Impala
Killer
Killer

Post by Vlad the Impala » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:24 pm

SafetyDunceDude wrote:I hope they release What Baby Wants as the second single. That song could really get Alice's name back out there, especially with the younger crowd due to Kesha being featured. It is one of my favorite tracks on the album. I love how it has similarities to Poison, but also gives me Michael Jackson Beat It vibes...anyone else getting that?
Yes, I got that straight away.
Not sure that it's a good thing though ... :x
School's out FOREVER!!"
Speaking as an ex-teacher, I can confirm that it really is!!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Vlad the Impala wrote:
SafetyDunceDude wrote:I hope they release What Baby Wants as the second single. That song could really get Alice's name back out there, especially with the younger crowd due to Kesha being featured. It is one of my favorite tracks on the album. I love how it has similarities to Poison, but also gives me Michael Jackson Beat It vibes...anyone else getting that?
Yes, I got that straight away.
Not sure that it's a good thing though ... :x
you are not alone (the riff on Beat It can even be superimposed on it)

http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/Sickth ... 9&start=20
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:27 pm

I just got my autographed copy from Newbury Comics today & am enjoying it alot so far(about 6 songs into it). Only problem ...no bonus tracks on this version but I also ordered the UK fan pack & am waiting for that one too so at least I'll get bonus tracks with that version

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 pm

recoop wrote:Relating to Gunners recent posts..I too am glad you liked it Gunner(review to follow fom you I note-theres still time for controversy lol)..nobody can really get into those old discussions about the album being Alice the entity etc as everyone is on the album..I reckon just about every facet of Alice is represented and some new bits(and some bits of other people maybe)..peace
Hi recoop. Yeah, I'm digging it, hope you are too. The album is very much, to use a 'gunnersism' (as they say here), 'Alice the entity', as like you say, "every facet of Alice is represented". It's hard to think that this album is not by the Alice Cooper in the RRHOF, but hey, let's not get into all nonsense. Peace indeed!

Jacknife_Johnny
Killer
Killer

Post by Jacknife_Johnny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:13 pm

How many different versions of the new release are there?
I've seen 2/3/4 and no bonus tracks so far.

:/
I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

Jacknife_Johnny
Killer
Killer

Post by Jacknife_Johnny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 pm

And who thinks that anything to do with Disco is a good move for Alice??
::((:
I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Apparently many people like that song, Jacknife. I won't reiterate my comment for a hundredth or thousandth time though, since it's also negative. haha.

I have now heard Under The Bed, and I think it along with When Hell Comes Home are two of the best songs he has recorded since WTMN. It should've been on the album and nixed DBBF.

Hoping that Bad Situation and Flatline are both good songs, and I can replace Ghouls Gone Wild with one of those. haha

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:46 am

Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever seems more to be taken as a comedy number not a disco song. It may be kind of corny but I think it's meant to be taken like that & then when it kicks in...the real bloodbath occurs. I'm not a huge fan of the song but I don't really hate it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:01 am

>How many different versions of the new release are there?

At least one previous thread and maybe the "News" page will reveal that answer.

>And who thinks that anything to do with Disco is a good move for Alice??

You are missing the point.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Disco Bloodbath is actually one of my favorites on the album even though musically when I first heard it I wasn't sure what to make of it. Then the second time round I was taking in the lyrics and thinking yeah, I love this. But then that's not surprising since I am a gorehound after all and I thrive on blood :p

There's nowt wrong with over the top tongue in cheek horror, as long as it works. And in my opinion this song most certainly does :rock:
Flesh fanatic psychopath

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:25 pm

I agree, "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" is one of my favorites, as is "What Baby Wants."

I think the album is a masterpiece.

Hunter

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 pm

My Fan Pack arrived today, and I am absolutely loving it! The magazine and all the little bits and pieces are fantastic, and I love the posters (although they got my name wrong). Most importantly, the album is fantastic! Well worth waiting for.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 pm

I got confirmation that my Vinyl has been shipped from Universal! I will probably be getting it next week but at least I know it's been shipped! :clap: