I've got the new album!!!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I've got the new album!!!

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 pm

picked up the fan pack from WH Smith today great to own the thing and like I said before best Alice Cooper album since From The Inside, been waiting decades for this!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:20 pm

>I think "I Am Made Of You" is a song about the beginning of Steven.

That is what I was trying to explain to dadascot in a previous thread.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:25 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I think "I Am Made Of You" is a song about the beginning of Steven.

That is what I was trying to explain to dadascot in a previous thread.
No you never, you said that i was assuming that it was about steven!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 pm

>No you never, you said that i was assuming that it was about steven!

Yes, that's right. So tell me who or what "Steven" is. Let me see if you are thinking along the same lines as GailsFriend, because I don't think you are.

Nightmare13
Trash
Trash

Post by Nightmare13 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:10 pm

All of this talk about how great and cool this album is just makes me more and more hungry for it and Tuesday cant get here fast enough. Boy that sounds odd as hell, looking forward to a Tuesday. LOL
"You Trap.... You KILL.... You Eat!"

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:19 pm

LOL i know what you mean...although I do love Tuesdays cause of all the new entertainment releases. I've always been an old school entertainment buyer :p

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:40 am

Si wrote:
Seriously wrote: I made compliment with a mild expletive,
"Ah, so you KNEW why your post was removed. So why mention that no reason was given? Why was it needed when you had knowingly broken the board rules?"

I heard worse on Neighbours! Broke the rules! Wow. I guess they are. :nono:

"Do you often go to a friends house and start swearing in front of their parents or children? I would hope not."

Where the hell did that come from? Between this and my observations of the rantings of A_MichaelUK, it's no wonder that I don't visit this site often.
Ta ta

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:55 am

So, it seems many of us were NOT 'setting ourselves up for disappointment' after all! ;) From what I have heard so far, it sounds something close to mind-blowing!

I think it has to be said people; that Bob brings the VERY BEST out of Alice and makes him 'whole'. I just hope there is a complimentary, accompanying 'Nightmare' show to go with this, as there was with the original record, rather then a re-hash of existing shows. But, then it is all expense isn't it?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:22 am

Si wrote:
Seriously wrote: I made compliment with a mild expletive,
"Ah, so you KNEW why your post was removed. So why mention that no reason was given? Why was it needed when you had knowingly broken the board rules?"

I heard worse on Neighbours!
What has that got to do with ANYTHING?? I have heard worse walking down the street, but that's also irrelevant.
Seriously wrote: Broke the rules! Wow. I guess they are. :nono:
That makes NO sense at all.
Seriously wrote: "Do you often go to a friends house and start swearing in front of their parents or children? I would hope not."

Where the hell did that come from?

Similar place as you "council" remark. The difference is your remark had nothing AT ALL to do with my site and it's rules. Mine did.
Seriously wrote: Between this and my observations of the rantings of A_MichaelUK, it's no wonder that I don't visit this site often.
Ta ta
Bye

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:33 pm

So, for the last two days at work, I have been playing the entire Welcome 2 My Nightmare on constant rotation....about 7 hours each day...continuously....

until my co-worker started to yell at me...

"Could you please, for the love of God, play something else!"

I really couldn't help but laugh...then, she said more...

"Really, anything, I would rather listen to Lady Gaga!"...which is funny, because she hates Lady Gaga....just then the chorus of "I Gotta Get Outta Here" is playing in the background...

and she screamed..."I really gotta get outta here!"

I just laughed and laughed because I am so cruel....but it was funny as hell.

I am lucky because I have a job where I can play my music, on my ipod, as much I want...which I do....much to the suffering of others...Alice Cooper rules.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Jacknife_Johnny
Killer
Killer

Post by Jacknife_Johnny » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Got my fan pack yesterday and played it in the car as I was picking someone up.( I've only listened to half of it, so bear this in mind before I get castigated.) First impression was not great! (gasp..) I thought Caffine sounded more like Electric Six than Alice!
I'm gonna go back and play it indoors and see if its a slow burner. I sure hope so!
:/
I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Sadly Jackknife, the first half is the best half. The second half has a great song in When Hell Comes Home, but other then that, not much going for it.

I played my cd at the rock n' roll bar that i work at, and it did not go over very well. My managers who are all huge Alice fans and in bands that have been influenced by Alice made me skip Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever after the first minute, loathed the green day punk of Ghouls Gone Wild, and were appalled by What Baby Wants. They didn't hate the rest, but I was told that "we can find better music for people to listen to at the bar." I agreed.

Jacknife_Johnny
Killer
Killer

Post by Jacknife_Johnny » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:19 pm

I have to to the car & get it, put myself out of my misery.

:rock:
I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 pm

killer_juju wrote:Sadly Jackknife, the first half is the best half. The second half has a great song in When Hell Comes Home, but other then that, not much going for it.

I played my cd at the rock n' roll bar that i work at, and it did not go over very well. My managers who are all huge Alice fans and in bands that have been influenced by Alice made me skip Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever after the first minute, loathed the green day punk of Ghouls Gone Wild, and were appalled by What Baby Wants. They didn't hate the rest, but I was told that "we can find better music for people to listen to at the bar." I agreed.
Aww diddums, your friends didn't like it? It must be bad then.

None of my friends EVER liked the stuff I listened to....... So what?!

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:19 pm

These are not people who dislike the music that I like. These are people who also like Alice Cooper and consider much of his music very influential to their own songwriting. I guess you have a hard time reading the full context.

I work at a bar where most of the rock musicians in the town I'm from hangout, so being a musician myself, I take the opinions of musicians much more seriously then most especially when these people like myself are fans of the artist.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:22 pm

killer_juju wrote:These are not people who dislike the music that I like. These are people who also like Alice Cooper and consider much of his music very influential to their own songwriting. I guess you have a hard time reading the full context.
What a shame that you're so fickle minded that you have to gauge other peoples opinions to reinforce your own. My wife hates the new album...... she is wrong and has awful taste in music.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:24 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
killer_juju wrote:These are not people who dislike the music that I like. These are people who also like Alice Cooper and consider much of his music very influential to their own songwriting. I guess you have a hard time reading the full context.
What a shame that you're so fickle minded that you have to gauge other peoples opinions to reinforce your own. My wife hates the new album...... she is wrong and has awful taste in music.
My partner did like the album to begin with but after hearing on repeat for over 2 weeks now shes starting to get a little tired if it :devil:
Boomshanka

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:45 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Oh What a shame, that a group of people agree. So bloody shameful. So bloody uncool. I have spoken out about this album on here since I first heard it over a week ago. When I got the cd, people wanted to hear it at the bar, so I played it. Those people felt the same way I did. No reinforcing of anything. Just the honest truth that other people who are fans and are musically influenced by Alice dislike and think that he screwed up.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:02 pm

killer_juju wrote: I have spoken out about this album on here since I first heard it over a week ago.
And you have been repeating yourself ever since like some kind of annoying attention starved dog.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:13 pm

If it's annoying don`t reply to it. It's no different from some one who likes the album going on about it, and there are a lot of those here as well.