Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:09 pm

And yet another http://myglobalmind.com/7701/alice-coop ... nightmare/

This one has me worried a little. Remember me saying I was worried about it sounding like a Weid Al comedy type thing ? this guy actually says that about one of the songs lol
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Damn this guy really has no mercy. I think he was expecting it to sound exactly like part 1 when in reality Alice was going for something completelty different, leaning more towards the 21st century.

The Dark Menace
Trash
Trash

Post by The Dark Menace » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:23 pm

A lot of us were criticized for dumping on the album art a few weeks ago but it's embarrassing and the reviewers are saying it. When it comes to packaging, Alice and Bob Ezrin are their own worst enemies.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:52 pm

The Dark Menace wrote:A lot of us were criticized for dumping on the album art a few weeks ago but it's embarrassing and the reviewers are saying it.
So what? I happen to think the artwork is great, as do ALOT of other people.

Just because some reviewers agree with your opinion, doesn't make your opinion right!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm pretty excited to see the rest of the packagaing. Has anyone here had a chance to see it yet ?

- ALICE COOPER

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:09 pm

What I believe is happening when I read a negative review of Alice Cooper's albums is, that, the people writing the review have neither the history of where Alice has been or where he is going to...to really have the proper perspective to appreciate the music being listened to.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm

GailsFriend wrote:What I believe is happening when I read a negative review of Alice Cooper's albums is, that, the people writing the review have neither the history of where Alice has been or where he is going to...to really have the proper perspective to appreciate the music being listened to.
That's one way of looking at it. The way i look at it is that these reviewers are almost totally clinically brain-dead and should do the world a favour and throw themselves off a high building.

The Dark Menace
Trash
Trash

Post by The Dark Menace » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 pm

"What I believe is happening when I read a negative review of Alice Cooper's albums is, that, the people writing the review have neither the history of where Alice has been or where he is going to...to really have the proper perspective to appreciate the music being listened to."

I agree, after his popular era in the 70s Alice evolved (along with a smaller fan base) into a very unique almost open-ended approach musically and much more tongue in cheek humor. The loyal fans have a broader view of Alice and not only tolerate but enjoy his experiments and whimsy.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:The way i look at it is that these reviewers are almost totally clinically brain-dead and should do the world a favour and throw themselves off a high building.
I love your way of putting it! :grin:

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:43 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
GailsFriend wrote:What I believe is happening when I read a negative review of Alice Cooper's albums is, that, the people writing the review have neither the history of where Alice has been or where he is going to...to really have the proper perspective to appreciate the music being listened to.
That's one way of looking at it. The way i look at it is that these reviewers are almost totally clinically brain-dead and should do the world a favour and throw themselves off a high building.
LMFAO!!!

- ALICE COOPER

Paul
Killer
Killer

Post by Paul » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 pm

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:30 pm

just listened to the YouTube review....

1)this guy is too young to have a full perspective...let's check his CD collection and see if he has ALL the albums. Prolly Not!

2) I love how he wishes Alice to be a little more "focused".....LOL.

See what I mean? I will repeat it....

"What I believe is happening when I read a negative review of Alice Cooper's albums is, that, the people writing the review have neither the history of where Alice has been or where he is going to...to really have the proper perspective to appreciate the music being listened to."
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm

GailsFriend wrote: See what I mean? I will repeat it....

I still prefer to think they're all braindead morons, but i'll go with your assessment too.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Folks, not everyone is going to like this album as much as you might like it. It doesen't necessarily mean they are dumb or don't have the proper perspective.

Alice took a chance with this album, he tried different vocal stylings, and effects. This is a departure of what we know Alice to be. That is taking a chance...and that chance is some people not liking it because it is different. It doesn't make them any less of a fan or have less perspective. In fact, they are looking at things in perspective to what Alice has done in the past...which this record is very different from.

Some of us are going to love this record. Some of us may not...just keep an open mind with people's opinions...because that's all they are. They may change over time for good or worse.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:29 pm

GailsFriend wrote:just listened to the YouTube review....

1)this guy is too young to have a full perspective...let's check his CD collection and see if he has ALL the albums. Prolly Not!
Don't be dissing the younger generation, some of us have good taste :p
Flesh fanatic psychopath

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Darren wrote:Some of us are going to love this record. Some of us may not...just keep an open mind with people's opinions...because that's all they are. They may change over time for good or worse.
Couldn't have said it better.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Gorehound wrote:

Don't be dissing the younger generation, some of us have good taste :p
I was gonna say the same thing!

He doesn't look that young anyway...?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 pm

GailsFriend wrote: 1)this guy is too young to have a full perspective...let's check his CD collection and see if he has ALL the albums. Prolly Not!

Well, I don't know as if he'd need EVERY one of Alice's albums to qualify him to review the album. And...if your age in your profile is accurate, I'd put him within about 5 years of your age...so I dunno about the age comment, either.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:02 am

2) I love how he wishes Alice to be a little more "focused".....LOL.

See what I mean? I will repeat it....

I don't know, this guy seems to know what he's talking about. He mentioned alot of things he din't care for but still gave the album a 7 out of 10. Another thing is, although there are some who know and get the whole Alice history and others who don't, I don't think that should really matter when it comes to reviewing one individual album. The ones who know and get why Alice might do certain things might "get it" more, but that doesn't necessarily make the album better. At the same time, others who wanted or were expecting a different style should still give it a chance. The more reviews I read or listen to, the more I realise almost everything is the exact opposite of what I was expecting and the things I dislike most about Alice's music. Yet for some reason I have a feeling I'm gonna end up liking it because I'm going in with an open mind. I know and get everything Alice has done, but just because I'm a huge Alice fan doesn't mean I'm not gonna give my honest opinion, whatever that might be on Tuesday.

- ALICE COOPER

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 am

"i'm going in with an open mind" thats probably the best advice Horrorholic,and i hoping to do just that,come next tuesday!
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind