W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Model Citizen
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by Model Citizen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:55 am

Encouraging words for sure. I am all about Alice's eclectic side. ACGTH is one of my favorites, as is WTMN so I expect to be pleased with the end results.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:03 pm

I must admit i'm tempted to post my full album review on here but i don't want to upset or annoy anyone. I think it's probably better for everyone if i just hold onto my thoughts until official release date.

Really looking forward to getting my 2 copies of the fanpack (gotta keep one of them sealed!).

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:29 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I must admit i'm tempted to post my full album review on here but i don't want to upset or annoy anyone. I think it's probably better for everyone if i just hold onto my thoughts until official release date.

Really looking forward to getting my 2 copies of the fanpack (gotta keep one of them sealed!).
Maybe you can put up your review with spolier in the heading . Thoses that want to read can do so , while those that don't can stay away .

You have upset and also annoyed me by not posting your thoughts . :p
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:35 pm

criss wrote:
You have upset and also annoyed me by not posting your thoughts . :p
Haha, sorry about that!

I might leave it a few more days and put something up. I was actually asked to write a review of it for a webzine which is how i came to hear it (only once though so all my thoughts are first impressions).

They may decide to publish it online in the next week if they like the review, in which case i'll just post a link to it.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 pm

http://www.cackblabbath.co.uk/2011/08/1 ... -face-off/ A review if I'll bite your face off
Boomshanka

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Wow, that sounds good!!

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 pm

It sounds REALLY good! the "expect a lot of airplay" comment in particular
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:12 pm

>the "expect a lot of airplay" comment in particular

It's a shame people don't listen to the radio as much as they used to.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:11 pm

mestreech wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Where did you hear the album?
It must be promo or an mp3 download from someone close to Alice" 's managment / or from a musicmagazine or whoever has a promo. i think the first ones will be very soon on EBay.
The latter is an assumption that is unlikely.

Stuff slips out onto the net early all the time it is one of the problems the music industry has failed to deal with.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:26 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
mestreech wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Where did you hear the album?
It must be promo or an mp3 download from someone close to Alice" 's managment / or from a musicmagazine or whoever has a promo. i think the first ones will be very soon on EBay.
The latter is an assumption that is unlikely.

Stuff slips out onto the net early all the time it is one of the problems the music industry has failed to deal with.
I'd like to clarify that the copy i heard was an official master and not an illegal download/copy of any kind. As far as i'm aware, there has been no 'leak' of this album to the general public as yet.

FREEZIN
Trash
Trash

Post by FREEZIN » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:44 pm

After hearing the brief samples on Amazon, I'm a little less thrilled than what I was before hearing the samples. My expectations grew high when I heard it was the new Nightmare album, and it featured the original group along with some other great collaborations. The last few songs on the album sound mind blowing already, while the others didn't grasp me as well. It could be the part of the song that Amazon posted, and I'm still going to give the album a fair try. And I also do not think any of the songs sound bad (minus the intro). Still call me happy that Alice is putting out new music for us all to enjoy! I hope the new tour will blow us all away!!
theSICKESTthing

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:11 pm

steven_crayn wrote: The latter is an assumption that is unlikely.

Not really considering it hasn't leaked on the net yet.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:55 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:

ridiculous statement are you saying it doesn't happen? ACAS was out on the net before it was released just as many albums are.

Hopefully this album will not suffer that fate, but don't bank on it!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:

ridiculous statement are you saying it doesn't happen? ACAS was out on the net before it was released just as many albums are.
That isn't what he said at all. He said the album hasn`t leaked on the net *YET* which is not ridiculous as it's true (unless anyone knows differently). Therefore that can`t be how you have heard it all.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 pm

It's obvious to all that the album WILL leak onto the torrent sites at some point, but so far it looks as though they've done a good job of keeping this one under wraps.

There are some people who will always acquire music illegally and there will always be people like the majority on this forum (i hope) who will want to own it officially.

I remember ACAS leaked several weeks before it's official release date.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: There are some people who will always acquire music illegally and there will always be people like the majority on this forum (i hope) who will want to own it officially.
Plus there are people who will buy the official product (even pre-order it in multiple formats!), but want to hear it as soon as they can so will download it as well if that comes first.
Just saying...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Si wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote: There are some people who will always acquire music illegally and there will always be people like the majority on this forum (i hope) who will want to own it officially.
Plus there are people who will buy the official product (even pre-order it in multiple formats!), but want to hear it as soon as they can so will download it as well if that comes first.
Just saying...
That's true, and that's exactly what i did with ACAS. I didn't like the album after having downloading however i still bought it out of principle.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Wow, this guy is clueless.

"Last Man On Earth" sounds like barbershop quartet to him? He has no clue what he's talking about. Barbershop quartets are a capella.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Toatally disagree with this review. This is so much more than 'just another Alice Cooper album'. I think Alice is correct when he puts this in his top 5.
Boomshanka