W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by Street Schizo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 am

James1981 wrote:For anyone thats interssted in length of tracks etc heres a shot of the album on i tunes. https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f ... =1&theater
No epic length songs? Interesting. I am trying to ignore everything and wait for the album to be in my hands but I'm not doing too good of a job. The review is pretty glowing. I found that I have expectations for this album. That's not a good thing. I don't want to set the bar impossibly high here. But I would be lying if I didn't say I want a masterpiece. Can't wait. Usually I'm pretty patient for new albums but this one is different for some reason.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:17 pm

That's about 58 minutes for anyone interested. Plus the bonus tracks.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:10 pm

juancoop wrote:...am I the only one who doesnt like Ubangi Stomp?
No...you are not alone!
Neil Harrison.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Wow, now thats a review. If the album is half as good as it's being made out to be I'm gonna love it
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 am

Another review, not so favorable. To sum up the review, they don't like it because it doesn't sound like what they think an Alice Cooper album would sound like (I think, the reviewer sounds confused, it's not a well thought out review.)

http://shakefire.com/reviews/cd/alice-c ... -nightmare

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:09 am

THx Devon,To begin with,the critique is not well written,and he states hes not big into Alice. Whats wrong with "low level vocals"??
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:17 am

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean, buried in the mix?

"There is this fun beat that is the main tone of the album that regardless of the lyrics the songs are a beat that make them enjoyable enough to listen to."

I mean.. what the hell?

This guy basically said the album didn't meet his expectations of what he stereotyped Alice to be.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:22 am

Wow....that review was painful to read, purely in terms of the grammar.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:25 am

I'll stick with Mitch's review.! This is just a tad incoherent,maybe PROOF reading should of been done before posting.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:27 am

What The???? Does this reviewer really know Alice Cooper? Or does he know a handful of songs like Poison, Eighteen, Schools out? ........................makes you wonder?
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 am

Hmmm... must be grading on a curve.

Rating: 1.92 (out of 4.00)

Grade: C-

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 am

That's the worst piece of shit I've ever subjected my brain and eyes to. BEWARE: Anyone who reads that review will lose 20 IQ points. Is it worth it? You decide!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:41 am

I don't think this guy really gets it. He's looking for a heavy metal album. He complains about nce sounding songs with nasty sounding lyrics. To me that contrast is one of the things that I like about Alice. Songs like some folks, OWB etc where my mun would listen and say 'what a nice song' but not really know what it's about.
Boomshanka

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:23 am

The guy that wrote the review is called Lee Roberts ...... If I ever meet him he will be Former Lee Roberts . :laugh:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 am

Such a poorly written review with a total lack of grammar and structure. Things like this just lower my expectations of society and future generations. People are becoming incapable of executing the written word..... i blame mobile phones!

Anyway, back to the 'review', it seems obvious to me that he was expecting some kind of 'Heavy Metal' album. Strangely, this review actually gives me higher hopes for the album as it sounds like it's a really eclectic mix of styles...... exactly what i want from an AC album!

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am

That was just terrible. Anyone who finds that review to be enjoyable must be in a very confused state of mind. It's like a 4th grader whose native language isn't english wrote a review (and occassionally looked some words from a dictionary) without knowing much about grammar. He didn't even mention any of those songs by name and obviously didn't have great knowledge of Alice Cooper's career.

I agree with you While Heaven Wept the writing skills have been going down the toilet during the last ten years. It is a global phenomenom and it has been acknowleged in Finnish high schools too. Teachers are worried.

Now negativity aside, I eagerly wait Welcome 2 my nightmare and believe it will be a very diverse and interesting album.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 am

I agree with you While Heaven Wept. From this review I have hope that this will be a really varied selection of songs, which is what I look for in an Alice album. That's the trouble with the Internet is that anyone can post a review, no matter how unqualified they are.
Boomshanka

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 am

Now negativity aside, I eagerly wait Welcome 2 my
The son of Don Quijote wrote:That was just terrible. Anyone who finds that review to be enjoyable must be in a very confused state of mind. It's like a 4th grader whose native language isn't english wrote a review (and occassionally looked some words from a dictionary) without knowing much about grammar. He didn't even mention any of those songs by name and obviously didn't have great knowledge of Alice Cooper's career.

I agree with you While Heaven Wept the writing skills have been going down the toilet during the last ten years. It is a global phenomenom and it has been acknowleged in Finnish high schools too. Teachers are worried.

nightmare and believe it will be a very diverse and interesting album.
Occasionally :devil:

Phenomenon :evil:
Last edited by In Chick on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 am

I only skimmed the second review, which may be how the reviewer (nameless to me - doesn't matter) listened to the disc. Two things leap out at me... the word "PRECONCEIVED" and the note that the vocals were mixed low.

Up front and in your face isn't always the best way to mix the vocals. I have always thought that Alice's voice was great when used as an instrument. Public Animal #9, for instance. He's mixed in deeply, lots of effects, and it sounds great.

This review only reaffirms my long held stance that critics are not always on my level. I won't even begin with this guy's *ahem* "writing style."
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 am

alan1958 wrote:The guy that wrote the review is called Lee Roberts ...... If I ever meet him he will be Former Lee Roberts . :laugh:
hahaha :clap: :rock: