ACAS- your view now?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Darren
Killer
Killer

Re: ACAS- your view now?

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:26 pm

I did read your posts...you say I've been proven wrong with wondering why people hate the album and like the other two. Good point buddy. lol

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 pm

>Oh so we are in agreement with what I did actually write now are we?

I don't think I said anything to the contrary. We *both* know what you wrote. Unfortunately for us, I'm now no longer sure that even you know what you meant.

>why don't you go by what was written instead of what you think was implied?

Why should I ignore the implication? Are you denying there was an implication? If you are, what was the purpose of the statement other than to tell us you were "not sure"? If that *is* all you were saying, what was it about my response that bothered you so much? You still haven't addressed that, except for the post where you thought "style" and "taste" were the same thing.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 pm

lol so cool...so so cool

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 pm

unfortunately for us you started talking about taste and then the conversation turned to roasted potatoes and roasted chickens

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:33 pm

>What if they use sweet potatoes instead of the regular ones, they could even be baked instead of roasted.

Rather than feebly trying to make a joke using the analogy, you would be doing yourself a favour by pointing out why it is wrong or why it doesn't work. That would help your cause a great deal.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:43 pm

>unfortunately for us you started talking about taste

That was because you didn't understand my first post in this thread. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE SONGS ON "DIRTY DIAMONDS" BUT WHO DON'T LIKE THE SONGS ON "ALONG CAME A SPIDER", EVEN THOUGH THERE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SIMILARITIES. WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND?

>and then the conversation turned to roasted potatoes and roasted chickens

Despite someone having given you the definition of an analogy, you still don't seem to know what an analogy is and what the comparison was that I was making (actually, I think you probably do, but by pretending not to, it means you don't have to address it seriously, otherwise you would have already done so, which is odd considering you wanted there to be a "discussion").

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:12 pm

In the interest of keeping this from going further off topic let's get back to current views of "Along Came A Spider" instead of each other please.

Thanks.
Me = Winning

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:26 am

Ah ACAS, surely one of the most dividing albums Alice put out in years.
Personally I was one of those who liked it when it first came out and I still like it. It might not be one of Alices truely great album but it does belong in the "good albums" category for me. There are ways it could be better, some of the lyrics are weak and part of me thinks it would have been nice to see the live band involved a bit more like they were on TEOAC and DD. And I think it could have been improved by having "I'll Still Be There" and "Shadow of Yourself" on the album. To me in the end the album is a mix between good songs and okay songs and the result is a sorta simple but rocking and fun album (better than DD to me and equal to TEOAC).

Occasionally I get the feeling that people dislike ACAS due to it being a different album than the hype building up to it made it out to be. I'm not saying that's the case, but I can help get that feeling sometimes.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14 pm

>Occasionally I get the feeling that people dislike ACAS due to it being a different album than the hype building up to it made it out to be.

That's a great point which says everything you need to know about those sort of individuals and it still happens now (when you look at some of the reactions to future projects).

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:19 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Occasionally I get the feeling that people dislike ACAS due to it being a different album than the hype building up to it made it out to be.

That's a great point which says everything you need to know about those sort of individuals and it still happens now (when you look at some of the reactions to future projects).

" These individuals " ho ho ho. Yeah " they " have a problem.

Personally I don't think ACAS is any different than its predecessors musically. It's just not very good.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 am

>" These individuals " ho ho ho. Yeah " they " have a problem.

That's correct and I think Swinger is right to point it out. They believe the "hype" and then when the reality turns out to be different (even slightly) they are shocked, angered or bewildered.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Personally, I don't do 'hype' at all, that's why I deliberately read little about WTMN2, and refuse to do so. Having said that ACAS is the worst Alice album for me, regardless of anything, it simply is....well, nothing! I am staggered that any Alice Cooper album could mean as little to me. I have played it once and that was once too often, it's truly hideous!!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Gunner wrote:Personally, I don't do 'hype' at all, that's why I deliberately read little about WTMN2, and refuse to do so. Having said that ACAS is the worst Alice album for me, regardless of anything, it simply is....well, nothing! I am staggered that any Alice Cooper album could mean as little to me. I have played it once and that was once too often, it's truly hideous!!!
I agree

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I don't think the fact that Slash and Ozzy featured adds any weight to the argument in support of the album.

Also, Ozzy's contribution was minimal to say the least.
How about the guitar playing by Slash on Vengeance or are you deaf?

Some of the criticism of the album is moronic have an opinion by all means but even though the album isn't in the same ballpark as the 70s classics there are some really good songs on it.

'Killed By Love' as a ballad pretty dam good I'd say.

'Vengeance Is Mine' as good as anything Alice has done this century.

Some other good songs on there but clearly an album that has divided opinion more than probably any other Alice Cooper effort.

Not the best but not the worst.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:26 pm

To all those that don't like ACAS, you do better if you can.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:40 am

steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:I don't think the fact that Slash and Ozzy featured adds any weight to the argument in support of the album.

Also, Ozzy's contribution was minimal to say the least.
How about the guitar playing by Slash on Vengeance or are you deaf?

Some of the criticism of the album is moronic have an opinion by all means but even though the album isn't in the same ballpark as the 70s classics there are some really good songs on it.

'Killed By Love' as a ballad pretty dam good I'd say.

'Vengeance Is Mine' as good as anything Alice has done this century.

Some other good songs on there but clearly an album that has divided opinion more than probably any other Alice Cooper effort.

Not the best but not the worst.
'Moronic'??? How is expressing an opinion 'moronic'? I've already stated that i think Vengeance is probably the best thing on it, however it's certainly not (IMO) the best thing he's done this century by a long way.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 am

all these amateur lyricists and poets lambasting Alice Cooper's lyrics on the album is hilarious and moronic.

Anyway I thought you weren't responding to any more of my posts Danny boy?

Like most of what you say it means nothing.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 am

The son of Don Quijote wrote:I liked it more when it was originally released. Now I can't remember exactly when was the last time I played it. I don't hate it as much as While heaven wept or Si but it has in all honesty the worst lyrics Alice Cooper has ever written. It is full of lyrical cliches, clumsy lines and to make things worse repetition. I as a talented amateur poet am not impressed with those lyrics.

Musically it is not that bad but definately quite weak for Alice. Vengeance is mine and I am the spider are great songs. Catch me if you can and The one that got away are ok. In touch with your feminine side is ok as well (Despite its awful lyrics it has a semicool riff) if I'm in the right mood. In this case it happens quite rarely. The rest of the album is either average(generic) or poor.
please share some of this talented amateur poetry with us so we can compare it with the Alice lyrics on the album that don't impress you much, what is it you said " awful, average, generic and poor"
Last edited by steven_crayn on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:20 am

kevinuk81 wrote:To all those that don't like ACAS, you do better if you can.
thing is Kev they can't

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:28 am

Whether we can do better or not is irrelevent. We aren`t the ones who set the bar so high with our past work.
And you don`t have to be a great cook to know whether the milk has gone off.
You don`t have to be an arcitect to know the building has collapsed.