Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: ACAS- your view now?

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 am

Si wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:> Do I have to like "Along Came A Spider" just because I like "The Last Temptation" (which is the album that "Along Came A Spider was trying to 'mimic', I think).
I remember that comment (from the producer I think). If it's true and they were going for that, the album is an even bigger failure then most think haha
Agreed, i personally thought 'The Last Temptation' was a fantastic album.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:44 pm

I went back and listened to ACAS for the first time in quite awhile and frankly with the exception of ZCS (though I love the other three early 80's Alice albums), it is probably my least favorite Alice album. In my opinion, Alice had really been on a roll from Hey Stoopid (very underrated) through Dirty Diamonds. I contend that The Last Temptation and Brutal Planet rank right up there with some of his best work ever.

I look forward to the new album.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:56 pm

It comes down to the songs for me. And there are *many* more elements that songs are comprised of besides the beat and the guitars.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Here is a question for all knowing...

during the RnR revival chicken incident the chicken used infact was not roasted...did that change the style of performance?, Alice prefers his chicken kentucky fried.

No roasted potatoes were used however...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Darren wrote:Hes a question for all knowing...

during the RnR revival chicken incident the chicken used infact was not roasted...did that change the style of performance?, Alice prefers his chicken kentucky fried.

No roasted potatoes were used however...
Now you're just being childish. Andy's analogy was actually a pretty good one. Just be a man and accept that you suggested that just because the style was similar to the preceding albums that people should like it. Don't try and worm your way out..... we all have the ability to read and that is exactly what you said!

And as we're talking about style, a well known phrase springs to mind when i think about ACAS. I'm sure you know which one i'm referring to.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Andys Analogy had to do with Chicken and roasted potatoes...and you...While Heaven Wept all I see from you is "production production" really? could you elebarate on that? besides hand clapping?

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:37 pm

[quote="While Heaven Wept"][quote="Darren"]Just be a man and accept that you suggested that just because the style was similar to the preceding albums that people should like it. Don't try and worm your way out..... we all have the ability to read and that is exactly what you said!

lol then go read what I had said then smart guy, I said I was not sure why people diden't like it...opening the door for discussion, I never said they HAD to like it, I said it was similar and WAS NOT SURE why people diden't like it.

I assume your anwer to that would be the "production"...fair enough...could you explain what about the production you don't like? or not?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:11 pm

>opening the door for discussion,

Really?! If so, why did you get so defensive once your post was commented on?

> I never said they HAD to like it, I said it was similar and WAS NOT SURE why people diden't like it.

That's correct but it was implied in your statement which is why I gave you a possible reason for that, but it was you who somehow felt threatened.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:16 pm

What if they use sweet potatoes instead of the regular ones, they could even be baked instead of roasted.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Well I guess I was caught up in the excitement of the release, once that wore off I realized that the album isn't really that good at all, I rarely play it now. I think the two bonus tracks are better than what is on the album. Off the album the songs that are above the rest to me are 3 tracks, Vengeance, Salvation and I Am The Spider.

Out of the last 3 releases TEOAC has held up quite well and I do find myself going to it quite often, Very solid album in my opinion..

That said I can't wait for W2MN to come out :alice: ..Hope it doesn't dissapoint
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:50 pm

"That's correct but it was implied in your statement"

"That's correct"

Oh so we are in agreement with what I did actually write now are we?

why don't you go by what was written instead of what you think was implied?

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Darren wrote:Andys Analogy had to do with Chicken and roasted potatoes...and you...While Heaven Wept all I see from you is "production production" really? could you elebarate on that? besides hand clapping?
Do you even know what the term 'analogy' means?

Here, i'll help you out:

a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based

or even better:

a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects

So when Andy referred to Roast Chicken and Potatoes, it was an analogy to explain how your comparison between style and taste doesn't really add-up.

And what's this about 'production production'? I seem to remember also criticizing the lyrics, arrangement and songs on ACAS... but it seems you have conveniently managed to overlook these in my posts. Feel free to re-read what i have said...... go on, knock yourself out.

And i don't remember mentioning any 'hand clapping' in any of my posts in this thread so i'd be delighted if you could quote me where i've said that.

Oh and finally, you have asked me to 'elebarate' on production. I have no idea what that word means, i've even typed it into Google and can't find anything. I assume what you are actually asking me to do is to 'elaborate' on why i thought the production was poor? If so, then i'm more than happy to do so....... sit tight....

It sounds crap.

Let me know if you'd like me to 'elaborate' further.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Darren wrote:"That's correct but it was implied in your statement"

"That's correct"

Oh so we are in agreement with what I did actually write now are we?

why don't you go by what was written instead of what you think was implied?
Unfortunately for you Darren.... we can all see exactly what you have written.

Oh the joys of internet forum discussions.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Darren wrote:What if they use sweet potatoes instead of the regular ones, they could even be baked instead of roasted.
Now i'm certain that you don't understand the concept of an analogy.

Don't beat yourself up about it though, no-ones perfect.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:40 pm

"Unfortunately for you Darren.... we can all see exactly what you have written."

Apparently not, you can't seem to.

"It sounds like Crap"

Sounds like you know a lot about production and what goes into it. I won't ask you to elaborate as you obviously can't.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Darren wrote:"Unfortunately for you Darren.... we can all see exactly what you have written."

Apparently not, you can't seem to.

"It sounds like Crap"

Sounds like you know a lot about production and what goes into it. I won't ask you to elaborate as you obviously can't.
I can read perfectly well Darren, infact i just re-read one of your posts where you said the following "So I'm not sure why some people dislike it so much and love the other two. It is the same style of 4/4 beat, with classic rock guitar playing."

So....erm..... am i missing something?! I mean....seriously man, do you really want to continue this conversation? You've been proven wrong, deal with it, move on and get on with your life.

You asked me to elaborate on what i felt was wrong with the production so i did. The album sounds crap due to the production, it's quite an easy concept to understand.

Do you actually want me to go into boring detail of why it sounds crap? I can if you want me to, i do own and run a music studio so you could say i have a little knowledge on the subject.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:55 pm

[quote="While Heaven Wept"][quote="DarrenI can read perfectly well Darren, infact i just re-read one of your posts where you said the following "So I'm not sure why some people dislike it so much and love the other two. It is the same style of 4/4 beat, with classic rock guitar playing."

So....erm..... am i missing something?! I mean....seriously man, do you really want to continue this conversation? You've been proven wrong, deal with it, move on and get on with your life.

lol so you quote me and say I was proven wrong? lol how am I wrong? All I did was point out that they were similar.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:10 pm

[quote="While Heaven WeptDo you actually want me to go into boring detail of why it sounds crap? I can if you want me to, i do own and run a music studio so you could say i have a little knowledge on the subject.[/quote]

Yes! that is all I wanted! just to talk about the details, mixing, the sound. ex. I love the speaker panning in "Feminine side" if I remember correctly. On "Wake The Dead" opening verse sounds a lot like how Ozzy would sing that song (yep I realize is was a leftover from Ozz)Is that just me? I found it did sound a lot like Ozzy in the way it was sung.

I don't post on this board to start confrontations but I will defend myself and my beliefs if need be.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Darren wrote:All I did was point out that they were similar.
No you didn't you claimed that you couldn't understand why people didn't like ACAS as it was a similar style to the previous 2 albums.

I also notice you have failed to respond to any of my other points in my previous posts where i have asked you to clarify the other things you have said.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:18 pm

points? what points? you quote me and say I'm wrong in my post what point is that? I'm wrong that in my opinon they sound similar?

what the hell is the matter with you?