For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Roundhouse Show

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:18 am

That's weird indeed! I guess that promoters try out various ways to sell all their seats. Sometimes it's not so fair to fans. I particularly hate presales that are reserved for paying members of a given seller. That is really not fair to fans, I've seen concerts where all the good seats had been sold to people who didn't give a damn about the music, and to scammers.

But with such pre sales, through AC.com it doesn't make much a of a difference for us fans since we're usually informed in time, thanks to places like this forum and of course the official website. I am glad I saw this here since the official newsletter from AC.com ended up in my spam folder, I need to add their address to my addressbook :smack:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:15 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I don't get the point of Presales anyway.

It's to give those who are more dedicated a chance to get tickets before those who might not be as dedicated.
"Can open, worms everywhere"

So people who have an O2 phone (for example) are more dedicated Alice fans then those who don`t? Or planet rock listeners who hear about the presale mid afternoon are more dedicated?

I think it's VERY GOOD that AC.com pre-empted the other pre-sales, and agree that their pre-sales can be for the reasons you state, BUT just I'm saying that generally pre-sales have NOTHING to do with getting tickets to the dedicated fans and more about promoting the use/purchase of a specific brand or grabbing extra money by venue (Roundhouse membership gets a pre-sale) or promotor (Live Nation, although I will admit that their pre-sale is actually free with site registaration - so they can spam you with unrelated advertising haha).
Normally the fans dedication never really comes into it beyond the wish to extract more money from them.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 pm

>So people who have an O2 phone (for example) are more dedicated Alice fans then those who don`t?

I was referring to the pre - sale at www.alicecooper.com not any other outlet, as I thought that's what AC Collect was referring to. It's not true for him to write "theres no point in a General Public Sale because EVERYONE is gonna buy the Presales!" As Dragonlady rightly points out, not everyone goes to www.alicecooper.com and not everyone visits this site, so those people are, as you say at a disadvantage.

>I think it's VERY GOOD that AC.com pre-empted the other pre-sales, and agree that their pre-sales can be for the reasons you state,

That's the point I'm making. They're trying to do something to help the kind of people who already make the effort to go that site or this site. Yet if they don't do anything, they get criticized for it.

>BUT just I'm saying that generally pre-sales have NOTHING to do with getting tickets to the dedicated fans

Again, I'm talking about www.alicecooper.com only.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Nice to see that some w***ers are already trying to make a fast buck on Ebay

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
It must be true A_Michael said so

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Seeing all the effort that is put into these roundhouse shows, I would have loved to see this one filmed for a dvd release...
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

Rob wrote:Nice to see that some w***ers are already trying to make a fast buck on Ebay

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Unfortunately it looks like lots of the tickets have been snapped up by touts.

Sooner or later this government needs to clamp down on this.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:23 am

been a longstanding problem that i utterly loathe.
couple years back 'Tallica were playing Newcastle arena, i got a mail saying "since you're a values previous customer you can buy tickets on tues, day before they go on sale" etc etc. flatly refuse to buy through ticketba$tard so i waited till Wed and took a halfer off work. in the morning, we were looking at the internet, and there were hundreds of tickets on ebay already at about 75~100% markup. one guy from Scotland had about 60 tickets, some for every show on the tour. as a result, when i went all the prime tickets had gone, thought thankfully they did the in-the-round format so i got a great view anyways.
i'm all for a market where someone flogs a ticket cos something happens and they can't make a show, but bulk buying tickets for a show you have no intention of going to and are only looking to rip off the true fans, i think all those sales should be negated and the scum lose their money and the tickets are put back into the box office.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:53 am

killer wolf wrote:been a longstanding problem that i utterly loathe.
couple years back 'Tallica were playing Newcastle arena, i got a mail saying "since you're a values previous customer you can buy tickets on tues, day before they go on sale" etc etc. flatly refuse to buy through ticketba$tard so i waited till Wed and took a halfer off work. in the morning, we were looking at the internet, and there were hundreds of tickets on ebay already at about 75~100% markup. one guy from Scotland had about 60 tickets, some for every show on the tour. as a result, when i went all the prime tickets had gone, thought thankfully they did the in-the-round format so i got a great view anyways.
i'm all for a market where someone flogs a ticket cos something happens and they can't make a show, but bulk buying tickets for a show you have no intention of going to and are only looking to rip off the true fans, i think all those sales should be negated and the scum lose their money and the tickets are put back into the box office.
Yeah

I Got my Tickets Today and the 2 Tickets(Me and My Dad) Came to £82. Now on eBay, for Two Tickets, some are like £199. (Well around that anyway).
I always buy my Tickets from the Venues. Don't know why, just makes me feel secure that I WILL get my Tickets. I remember when Take That played a massive show in Coventry and it was on the news that Hundreds had gotten tickets off eBay and not recieved them.

Anyway, off the subject, When you buy the VIP Upgrades, do you get the Instructions in an E-Mail to tell you where to meet. For those who have done it before, can you tell me what you did before please (where you met etc.). Sorry to be a Pain LOL.
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:56 am

Ohh...

And, is anyone else doing the VIP for the Show on the 31st?
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

GraemeCaUK
Trash
Trash

Post by GraemeCaUK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Woo-hoo .... After jumping through many hoops I've managed to get myself a ticket for 31st. I didn't qualify for any of the presale offers and I don't own either a debit or a credit card, so I had to ask family members to do the dirty work for me!!

I really want expecting to get one, but my sister rang up Roundhouse itself and managed to get one from them.

However, after lookng through this board I've seen lots of mention of needing to pick up tickets. My sister lives in Leeds so is highly unlikely to be able to be present in order to pick it up.

Does anyone know if the pick-up arrangement is for pre-sales only. If it applies to general public sales also, is there any way to get them posted out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Graeme.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:50 pm

GraemeCaUK wrote:Woo-hoo .... After jumping through many hoops I've managed to get myself a ticket for 31st. I didn't qualify for any of the presale offers and I don't own either a debit or a credit card, so I had to ask family members to do the dirty work for me!!

I really want expecting to get one, but my sister rang up Roundhouse itself and managed to get one from them.

However, after lookng through this board I've seen lots of mention of needing to pick up tickets. My sister lives in Leeds so is highly unlikely to be able to be present in order to pick it up.

Does anyone know if the pick-up arrangement is for pre-sales only. If it applies to general public sales also, is there any way to get them posted out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Graeme.
My best advice would be to call the Roundhouse, you may be able to collect on the night

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:51 pm

killer wolf wrote:been a longstanding problem that i utterly loathe.
The law should be very clear-cut.....no ticket can be sold for more than the face value

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:05 pm

I am beginning to wonder how long that show will be. There's what? A musical act, a circus act plus 4 freak acts? And then Alice's show?
Sounds like at least 4 hours plus breaks?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:56 pm

"Anyway, off the subject, When you buy the VIP Upgrades, do you get the Instructions in an E-Mail to tell you where to meet. For those who have done it before, can you tell me what you did before please (where you met etc.). Sorry to be a Pain LOL."

I've done the VIP before, but it was via Fanfire. it was extremely well organised, an email told you where to meet before the event (they had a tour of the stage as part of the package) and the guy/rep took us in and dished out the laminates etc. He directed us where to assemble after the show and then when we were all there we were take to the room to meet AC. i'd assume some similar process should be in place, you'll probbly need to take ID w/ you, like a print out of the mail and/or the credit card used etc etc.
would *love* to meet him again, but the prices are just way silly now :-(
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:57 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:The law should be very clear-cut.....no ticket can be sold for more than the face value
Not sure how it works in other countries, but here in Canada you can only buy a maximum of eight tickets per person. However that means absolutely squat if you have a system where four of your buddies are buying eight tickets each right after you. Unfortunately it's hard to police scalping - cripes, it's been happening since the beginning of time. Authorities only wind up catching a very small percentage of scalpers, not enough to really scare anyone into not doing it.

Pearl Jam and Garth Brooks at one point sold their tix through some other means/agency to combat scalpers. I can't recall how it worked out for them.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:19 pm

VIP packages are no longer though fanfire..for what its worth...
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:08 pm

How much do you love fanfire, Jaded?
*ducks and runs for cover*
*surrender*
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 am

LOL

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Just caught up with this, which all went on during my holidays when I was off line (really struggling to catch up as we are down to 1 lap top for the whole family at the moment and my 'on-line' time is rationed!)

Great news of 2 more concerts, don't know what I can do about going, 31st is last day of half term holiday and we will be traveling home, may be able to do 1st, but need to see what I can do with work on 1st & 2nd....
...And personally, I don't care.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 pm

I believe tickets are sold out both nights.. Not 100% sure, you'd have to look around for other ticket options..