For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: Theatre of Death DVD

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Si wrote:And best of all (for me), I should be back on my feet and well enough to be there! :clap:
Hope it works out for you, boss, would be a nice reward after what you've been through lately.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Dragonlady wrote:
I don't mean the kind of "manga fan art" or kiddies drawings you see online, but a series of professional illustrations.
No....you mean your art don't you? Lol

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Well if it's a contest I would only hope for that. One can always dream ey? :)

I certainly don't think I am better than any other illustrator but it happens to be my main job. I see how this could be missinterpreted as being very "bragging" it's a simple fact, like I am also a tourist guide among other jobs.

BTW, there's always this strange idea that only people who are established or actually earn money could be considered as any good. It's like musicians, there are thousand of super talented people who will never get any contracts just because that's not what the industry wants. They still are pros in the sense that they are passionate and work very hard to do what they do?

But I digress. I just meant to say that the idea of fan art is not as silly as it might seem to some.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:47 pm

>You don't even know what Lisa has in mind and you say no.

No. I have a good idea what she meant. You also explained it very well.
>Well you might not find it a good idea, but it's been done before.

So what?

>Fan art is not a dirty word you know.

I never said it was. I just don't think it would be right for this project.

>and graphics are suggesting different timeframes, so why not do that with various visions by artists?

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of incredible photographs which you won't have seen before and which go a long way towards explaining *why* we are fans, but you're telling me that rather than use those, using illustrations would be better.

>Am I mixing this up or didn't Iron Maiden do something like this?

Who cares?

>Having said that it's not a serious proposal we were having fun with fan dreams

She asked a question and I answered it. It's not really for me to work out whether or not she was being serious.

> and you always enjoy crushing these don't you?

No, I just explain the reality of a certain situation. Don't blame me if some people here don't like the truth (neither do I sometimes, but that's how it is).

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:36 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>wouldn't it be friggin' amazing to have a booklet inside the DVD case, with drawings of fans from all over the world

No.

Alice seemed to like the fan made stuff for the Keeping Halloween Alive single.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:53 pm

>Alice seemed to like the fan made stuff for the Keeping Halloween Alive single.

It wasn't used on the packaging, though.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:04 pm

Here's an idea... instead of a DVD booklet for fan art the 'traditional information insert' inside the DVD case could have a website address where artists could send/display their Alice art. This way fans could send their art there in advance and no one would be at risk of not being included due to space issues like a DVD booklet would pose. You could host thousands of art pics on a website in comparison to a booklet where only a limited number of pieces would make the cut.

Just an idea. And for all I know there may be a site out there already that does this.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:29 pm

That's what I was trying to say. It's not because we dream aloud that it has to be a real thing or even a good idea. Can't you just let people dream in peace? What harm is there in that I wonder?

Ah well. Not that I care much anyway. I like to imagine stuff, you don't like that it's your right.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:25 pm

>Can't you just let people dream in peace?

She asked a question and I answered it.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Dragonlady wrote: Can't you just let people dream in peace? What harm is there in that I wonder?
But you're not dreaming in peace, you're doing aloud on this website!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Indeed, this is a public forum and people have various interests around the same subject. I don't care for the lenghty conversations about what should or should not be done by Alice about his music and such speculations that I personally find boring. It's called selective reading.

I am not bothered by that sort of "loud talk", I just turn down the volume. :)
These theories are just as pointless as the ones Lisa and I were dreaming up, just saying. To each their own.

Andy, so you did. But for someone who always asks people to justify everything they say, you sure didn't give many arguments other than "no". You did now though. Cheers.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:22 pm

>you sure didn't give many arguments other than "no". You did now though.

Exactly, yet you still responded with
>Can't you just let people dream in peace? What harm is there in that I wonder?

I'm not the one who is perpetuating this.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Lisacooper91 wrote: I'm SO excited!!!!!
when I saw the video I had these butterflies in my stomach, just like when I'm at the concert in real life! and when the curtain comes down, goosebumps!! :clap:
Same here. When I heard the school bell, I had a stupid huge grin on my face, similar to the one I have when I get a new pair of high-heel boots!
Si wrote:Alice Cooper at the legendary Roundhouse in London on Halloween! These will truly be special shows.
Agreed. I have always said that the two things you HAVE to do on Halloween are see 'Rocky Horror' on stage, and see Uncle Alice in concert.

I have seen Rocky, but the closest I have got to an Alice Halloween show is the DVD release of 'The Nightmare Returns', which is an out-and-out classic
sparkinthedark wrote: Seems someone writing the blurb about it got a little carried away...

"Fans of the ultimate Rock 'n' Roll showman won't be disappointed as Alice is subjected to guillotines, gallows and the electric chair on his way to being "killed" four times!"
sparkinthedark wrote:I wonder if it's the same text that will appear on the reverse of the DVD cover? Would be a shame to have an inaccuracy like that, IMO.
Such as 'Little Flower of Ulysses' on the aforementioned 'Nightmare Returns' DVD?
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:15 pm

suziginajackson wrote:I have seen Rocky, but the closest I have got to an Alice Halloween show is the DVD release of 'The Nightmare Returns'
I was fortunate enough to have seen Alice a week before Halloween five years ago (I'm sure others here can trump me on this timeline, having seen him closer to the actual Halloween date). The crowd had this weird "horror" vibe going, even if it happened to be a stripped-down show that was the Dirty Diamonds tour. I found horror was very much alive at this show, even though Alice didn't have the usual bag of tricks on stage.

Alice also said he "owned October".

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:59 am

Dragonlady wrote:http://www.alicecooper.com/ac.ogv

Direct link to the "small" video. Hey, Gorehound! You're a celebrity! :rotfl: And I see Jon too!
But is that really footage from that night or are my eyes too weak? I think I see Ravenred and Bill but Bill was at the fence why is he in the crowd? I'm all confused now LOL!
omg i am! :grin: :grin: :grin: twice just in the preview, the cameras love me! haha

im praying i can make the halloween show, will be really gutted if i have to miss. seeing alice for halloween really will be summat special!

for thoset hat don't know yet, been in a nasty accident at a bbq... long story shot i managed to set my arm on fire lol. thats why my typings been a bit dodgy lately, only one hand. just had a skin graft done, if it takes ill be fine so fingers crossed. bit early to know whether it has taken or not yet though. the main thing is functionality shouldnt be affected at all, i had just started to get some use back with help of phsyio but now ive gotta keep it up in a sling again while the grafts healing.

so i noticed on the poster says costume competition, who will be dressing up? i usually do for halloween but a decent costume might get spoilt or nicked in the thick of things so not sure, may just be the usual alice eyes.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 am

No offence I dont want pages of fan art in my official releases , give me live photos any day !!

Does anyone know if the ACAS trailer is being included on the DVD as a bonus ? I know when it was first mooted it was considered

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 pm

nurserozetta wrote:Does anyone know if the ACAS trailer is being included on the DVD as a bonus ? I know when it was first mooted it was considered
That's would be pretty cool.

Call me ungrateful, but I'm annoyed there hasn't been a blu-ray announcement and none of the press releases mention blu-ray. Somewhat disheartening. It's going to be hard to justify buying a SD version when a blu-ray version is inevitable at some point.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:50 pm

for thoset hat don't know yet, been in a nasty accident at a bbq... long story shot i managed to set my arm on fire lol. thats why my typings been a bit dodgy lately, only one hand. just had a skin graft done, if it takes ill be fine so fingers crossed. bit early to know whether it has taken or not yet though. the main thing is functionality shouldnt be affected at all, i had just started to get some use back with help of phsyio but now ive gotta keep it up in a sling again while the grafts healing.

Oh Gorey, that's awful! Hope you're ok & wishing you a speedy recovery.
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 pm

>Does anyone know if the ACAS trailer is being included on the DVD as a bonus ?

I believe it will not be.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Ok...does anyone know if there will any extras at all on the dvd?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"