For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Theatre of Death DVD

Post by suziginajackson » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:59 pm

I understand that the London Hammersmith show in 2009 was recorded for future DVD release

If this is a fact, does anyone know when it is due to come out?
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Theatre of Death DVD

Post by ElectedPlus » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 pm

It certainly got filmed, but haven't heard any advancements beyond that. Been waiting patiently to see if it ever will materialise.

(Have heard of other artists' concerts being recorded for DVD's that has never been released, but I hope this isn't one of them.)

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Yep, waiting here too
...And personally, I don't care.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:08 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:
AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Any updates yet as to when this will be released on dvd?
Someone asked this at one of the meet and greets in the UK and Toby said probably in Spring 2010 but of course things can and do change all the time.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:58 pm

From what I've heard reported on here some parts of that particular show were very sloppy which could be a reason for the delay? I'm just speculating though.
Me = Winning

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 pm

>From what I've heard reported on here some parts of that particular show were very sloppy

No, not really. If I remember correctly, there were two small 'mistakes'. Other than that, it was a very good performance.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:12 am

Ending of Go To Hell being one, what was the other mistake?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:39 am

>Ending of Go To Hell being one, what was the other mistake?

I'd rather not say, otherwise the correction might become obvious. It was pretty minor, though.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:55 am

It might have been a "very good performance" but on the whole it was the worst, relatively speaking, performance of the UK shows. Whether it was the cameras, or the seeming limitations on where they could go on stage (everything was a long way back on the stage and there was much less inetraction with the crowd then normal) I don`t know. Shame it was that one they filmed.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:24 am

Have to say I'm with you on that, Si - especially the "everything a long way back on the stage" part. Still not entirely sure of the reason for that, seeing as they had a pit down front for camera men to be in rather than them running about at the front of the stage. Still seems a very odd way of having done it to me.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:15 am

I'm imagining that the pushing the set upstage factor was for the benefit of the cameras that where situated on the far left and right side on the stage.

What most struck me as odd was the absence of any crane camera. However I'm sure they knew what they where doing!

The crowd had the liveliest response to Alice that I have experienced...that would look great on a DVD.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:44 am

>but on the whole it was the worst, relatively speaking, performance of the UK shows.

I agree.

>everything was a long way back on the stage

It was the same in Manchester, though. I'm not sure, but I think that had something to do with how far back the balcony went.

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:42 pm

I will be gutted if this is not released. I really want to re-live the T.O.D. experience again...on TV, full volume when every one else is out of the house!

As I said before, release in time for Fathers Day would be nice...
...And personally, I don't care.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:57 pm

I hope it comes out as I didn't make it to any of the shows. So even if turns out to be the worst of, I am confident, a very high standard bunch of performances,I am likely to be happy....had been planning to go to Manchester but life got in the way
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Would love to see anything...always ! :evil:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:14 am

Gotta be better than the YouTube clips we are stuck with now, LOL!!!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:37 am

That interesting. In Montreux they always have cameras in the pit. Plus one crane camera and of course several smaller ones on stage. I hate these "pit" cameras as they often stand right in front of us blocking the view of the stage. One year they "dressed them up" as rhinoceroces but that didn't help liking them more. :grin: I was very glad that in London the pit was bigger, and the stage higher so the cameras weren't in the way.

I'm not sure what you mean by "everything a long way back on the stage"? Do you mean it was a bit too big?

I am trying to compare my own experiences. For me this was the most interaction I've ever seen, but I am biased since I was in the middle of it :8):
Except for one concert on the BP tour, I've never had such close interaction with Alice, I wish I knew what it's like if there can be even more!

I'm sure it will be great anyway. At least it's likely to come out. Just think of us Led Zeppelin fans, 30+ years to wait for one "proper" dvd. And now 2 years after the infamous O2 reunion still no news on a dvd of that! At least we have one good bootleg dvd of it, but everyone wants the real deal. Well I can't complain I was there in person and it's etched in my memory for ever!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Dragonlady wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "everything a long way back on the stage"? Do you mean it was a bit too big?

What we mean is that at other venues on the tour, the band (and Alice of course) were much closer to the audience, even at the shows where there were barriers. They were stood much further back on the stage in London than at any other venue (I know Andy mentioned the set up in Manchester being similar but in all honesty I don't remember!).
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Ah I see! Thanks for explaining.

True I am also used to lower and smaller stages. But it didn't bother me in London. I guess that the whole excitement made up for that.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:31 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "everything a long way back on the stage"? Do you mean it was a bit too big?

What we mean is that at other venues on the tour, the band (and Alice of course) were much closer to the audience, even at the shows where there were barriers. They were stood much further back on the stage in London than at any other venue (I know Andy mentioned the set up in Manchester being similar but in all honesty I don't remember!).
I don't remember the set up in Manchester being similar either? I just remember it being a great gig! One of my faves of the whole tour.
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name